Moggi: No Juve Revolution (2 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Moggi: No Juve Revolution
Tuesday 10 February, 2004

Transfer guru Luciano Moggi has resisted calls for a revolution within the Juventus camp and insists the Scudetto is not out of reach.

“I recall after defeats to Parma and Lecce the press called for a complete clear-out of our squad,” insisted the Director General, “but both times we went on to win the title. Perhaps it’s even a lucky omen to be hammered every once in a while.”

The 4-0 drubbing at the hands of Roma has left the reigning Champions eight points adrift of leaders Milan.

“We are only three points behind Roma and to be perfectly honest they deserved to win on the night,” added Moggi. “But the table is only tallied up in May.”

Above all, they are dealing with the worst defensive record for a Juve side in four decades and some believe the decision not to sign reinforcements in January was a mistake.

“It isn’t much fun to concede 25 goals in 20 games,” he admits, “but with a few injuries and other players off form right now there have been some problems. I am certain that we will find a solution before Thursday.”

The Bianconeri’s next challenge is the Coppa Italia semi-final, where they must recover from a 2-2 home draw with Inter.

However, many newspapers are already looking to the future with reports of Parma duo Matteo Ferrari and Daniele Bonera as well as Ajax star Hatem Trabelsi targeted for the summer.

“We are keeping our eye on a few players,” conceded the dg, “but we won’t go crazy on the transfer market. Juve are a serious club that won’t end up like certain others I could mention.”

Moggi also commented on Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti’s appeal to rest his players for the upcoming international friendly.

“The Nazionale is something that belongs to everybody and therefore we should all play our part.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
Moggi: No Juve Revolution
Tuesday 10 February, 2004

However, many newspapers are already looking to the future with reports of Parma duo Matteo Ferrari and Daniele Bonera as well as Ajax star Hatem Trabelsi targeted for the summer.

“We are keeping our eye on a few players,” conceded the dg, “but we won’t go crazy on the transfer market. Juve are a serious club that won’t end up like certain others I could mention.”
And that has always been Juve's business model. Don't buy big unless they sell big. Why some people were hoping that this ideal would change is beyond me.

Nice little veiled jab at Roma, though.:D

However, you would like to think that a team as financially successful as Juve could splurge once in a while without upsetting the books.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Couple of questions:

All those that are posting all these.. we will buy x numberv of players and so and so name... have you been fans for more or less than five minutes... If longer ,why in the world do you think we will buy these people, we are juve not madrid or inter... we balance our books above all

Those that have been fans for a bit that are pushing for these things and expect constant victories... what in the world did you do in our 9 years of dissapointment

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    What's your problem man? I've been a fan for more that 5min. I write these things saying what "I" would do. I know Moggi doesn't do that. So why create a Transfers thread if you don't want us to write in them? geez

I'm leaving this forum ciao

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    Couple of questions:

All those that are posting all these.. we will buy x numberv of players and so and so name... have you been fans for more or less than five minutes...

Bro, was that really necessary?

Those that have been fans for a bit that are pushing for these things and expect constant victories... what in the world did you do in our 9 years of dissapointment

Spent more time with my wife actually.:D maybe that's why I saw a smirk on her face when Roma thrashed them 4-0.

All right then, answer this. We are all well aware of how they do business, and how staying in the black all the years has been a top priority, to which they have been successful, as they are one of a handful of teams that didn't need to use the "Salva Calcio" act when that legislation was passed.

That being said, with the yearly profits they rake in year after year, and with the impending remodeling of the Delle Alpi, with the entertainment center and bringing the fans closer to the pitch, thereby hopefully increasing attendance, which will lead to higher revenues, why is it that Juve doesn't go out and make a high-caliber purchase every so often, without having to sell off one of their stars first? Don't you think that the constant trade off of stars every few years, only gets you so far??

Obviously, they will never be a Real or Manu, for the simple fact that #1) they don't attract nearly 65,000 spectators for every home match, like a Man U does, #2) Unfortunately, they didn't have a multi-multi-million dollar piece of real estate smack dab in the business district in the Middle of Madrid that they could have sold off to the government for hunderds of millions of dollars, but that bill will come due sooner or later for Real. I feel it will be sooner rather than later.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    The only thing that will change Moggi's mind is when if we dont win anything this season. thats what happened back when we sold ZZ etc..and changed the team completely.

he is kidding himself if he thinks we dont need a major cleanout.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    Couple of questions:

All those that are posting all these.. we will buy x numberv of players and so and so name... have you been fans for more or less than five minutes... If longer ,why in the world do you think we will buy these people, we are juve not madrid or inter... we balance our books above all

actually paul, no, i dont expect major transfer campaign this year. yes, i wish we would sell trez and get more complete striker, i wish we could sell di vaio since he is support striker and imo he's no good at all there, i wish we would sell camoranesi cause he's simply no good for juve. i wish we would get a whole new defence. but no, probably none of that will happen. sure, 1 or 2 defenders, someone like jankulovski to midfield and that's it. no strikers, no playmakers, no nothing. i believe all of us understand that even if we cant justify that. and there's no need to call people bandwagoners cause you're not the best fan yourself :D
    suddenly i started to think that we get some silverware after all. maybe because i had some ood night sleep and managed to erase romagame out of my head.
    take care everyone.

Aug 1, 2003
    actually, I agree with most what Moggi says. I don't think we need to splash out so much cash, just buy and take necessary measures would be enough. No additions. Just necessary buys.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    actually, I agree with most what Moggi says. I don't think we need to splash out so much cash, just buy and take necessary measures would be enough. No additions. Just necessary buys.
    sally, 2 or 3 buys are neccesary to make this team worthy of something. sure, we can get with them to the final again and stuff but at the same time we just might miss out playoffs for 5 succesive season. splashout is neccesary to make juve football giant like real not only by name but also by game.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++

“I recall after defeats to Parma and Lecce the press called for a complete clear-out of our squad,” insisted the Director General, “but both times we went on to win the title. Perhaps it’s even a lucky omen to be hammered every once in a while.
    Class line! :LOL:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    come on paul.we may be posting and hoping for stuff like this(which,by the way,is not impossible) but it doesn't mean we're expecting it.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by arifelly |Juve| ] ++

mark77, r u serious ? :D:LOL:
    if you are, why ? :)
    Some people feel my posts about transfers are useless so I won't waste my time here.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    You see, calling me a pus-sy doesn't help. I defend my ideas fella don't worry.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #19
    I said I knew that Moggi doesn't work like this and buys 6-7 players in a year. I write what we need and not what Moggi will do. I don't what to defend myself and tell them to fvck off you know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)