Rumors about next summer (1 Viewer)

LeRoi

Sep 3, 2002
Rumors here in Italy about next summer say Juventus will buy new players only after selling one or two champions (trezeguet and/or nedved). Exactly what happened two years ago (Thuram+buffon+nedved in, zidane+inzaghi out).
this politics would be necessary for keeping the budget in draw, because Umberto Agnelli will not give money as Moratti and Berlusconi usually do.

This evening I heard Trezeguet should go to Chelsea and we should buy Squillaci (young south american defender) and Puyol.
Personally I don't agree this politics. We have to buy some champions. Our defender line is too old...Montero has to retire immediatly, Iuliano should go anywhere he likes for free.
Personally I think Trezeguet is one of the best players of the world, and he is still young and he'll be able to improve more and more...I think it wouldn't be a good move giving him away...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by LeRoi ] ++
This evening I heard Trezeguet should go to Chelsea and we should buy Squillaci (young south american defender) and Puyol.
Sebastian Squillaci is French and he's not that good either. Plays for Monaco.

OP

LeRoi

Sep 3, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    French? I thought he was south american, I knew he plays for Monaco. I never saw him playing, a friend of mine told me he is not a good player.

By the way, I only reported what I heard...I really hope the "news" I wrote are groundless.

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    Finally! Treze will be gone.....still I think we should go for Lucio or Mexes....not some new kid who starting to gain experience....

Puyol to Juve! Big news but....Barca wont let him go easily.....still hopeless:down:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    yeah great, sell trezeguet and replace him with?? oh thats right, puyol and squillaci dont play striker last time i saw them.

if clubs are going to offer huge dollars for players like del piero who is getting old and injury prone these days, or nedved who is 33 years of age, then maybe moggi should consider it.

in regards to the defence, we need young great defenders..ie. Chivu type. Mexes, Ferrari, Trabelsi...those type, not Squillaci who is a good player, but not a gun player.

Jul 7, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    I hope we sell DP
    Why everyone want sell Alex?? Is he so bad to stay with Juve and end his carear here?? I think he deserves this for all he give to this team, he is our captain now and i don't want to see Alex leaving Juventus. Why You want so much to drop him?? I think that you see if player plays under his potential perfomance for 1-2 months that is soo bad in Your eyes that he may be sold for fu... milons euro!! I don't want this I love watch him plays and want to stay with us to end and take a coach job in the club. He's ours like raul in Real and Moggi and Lippi will never let him go, so give him a break! He will be back. We have problems not upfront but at the back, we need defenders. I can't wrote that real Juve fans want to sold Alessandro Del Piero-the same Del Piero who was so good when Juve won many trophies in 1990s, and even the last 2 seasons wasn't that bad, even this isn't real crap, is it??

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Cichy_10 ] ++

Why everyone want sell Alex?? Is he so bad to stay with Juve and end his carear here?? I think he deserves this for all he give to this team, he is our captain now and i don't want to see Alex leaving Juventus. Why You want so much to drop him?? I think that you see if player plays under his potential perfomance for 1-2 months that is soo bad in Your eyes that he may be sold for fu... milons euro!! I don't want this I love watch him plays and want to stay with us to end and take a coach job in the club. He's ours like raul in Real and Moggi and Lippi will never let him go, so give him a break! He will be back. We have problems not upfront but at the back, we need defenders. I can't wrote that real Juve fans want to sold Alessandro Del Piero-the same Del Piero who was so good when Juve won many trophies in 1990s, and even the last 2 seasons wasn't that bad, even this isn't real crap, is it??
    Yes, you are right. Who needs the 35 million €, we'll just let Del Piero stay here. When we're at it, neddy has given so much to the club, we wont sell him either. We'll play them both when they are 38, we have to give some credit to them. And how can we even thing of selling Iuliano, Montero, Pessotto, Birindelli, Conte, Tacchinardi, they've given all their careers to Juve. We dont need the money. We'll just play the until they are 40. And Thuram, Trezeguet, DI Vaio, Miccoli, Camoranesi, Tudor, Legrotagglie, Appiah, Maresca all have a juventino heart, we cant possibly sell them. Well I guess we'll just have to play them all the time, even when they are 40. We might just be ablte to win the Serie C cup then. And when they retire we'll just buy new players. I mean we have the money, FIAT is blooming on the world market and the economy will surely be fantastic. So our shares will lose value after we get relegated, but so what, the emotions are more important, we love our players. We certanly dont need any money from selling them, Moggi has a access to the Italian national bank, we'll always have money.

:rolleyes:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Whether or not he hates Del Piero doesn't belie the fact that if Chelsea or some other club were to offer 30-35 million for Del Piero, Juve would be hard-pressed to say no to that offer.

It's like I've always said, If Wayne Gretzky, who is quite possibly the greatest hockey player to ever live, can get sold, then anyone can. And Wayne did a hell of a lot more for the Edmonton Oilers than DP has done for Juve.

Sep 28, 2002
    i would sell del piero for 25m. but what ticks is when people say that del piero doesn't mean anything to juve, he's injured all the time and still gets his massive pay check, when he playes he sucks and he's nothing more than paramatti. come on? why is our captain, why is he leader, why is he juve's front man. yes, he's not the best and probably not among the best but he still means a lot and he's still our leader. and some people just dont appraciate that. damn, he even gets bashed because he didn't play. ffs, be reasonable people...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I understand what you're saying, Fli.

But the dude can't play forever, and Serie A is not known as a finesse league. I know that this is a tough question, but for the betterment of the future of Juve, would you rather A) Keep Del Piero here, and not know what you are going to get, week in and week out, because of the injuries that he has suffered, or B) Sell him to a team (Chelsea) and to a leauge that is more open and relaxed defensively, where the sheer physicality of the league would not be nearly as bad, and he would have a chance to flourish for the remainder of his career.

The Ideal situation would be for DP to be the DP of old and play out his remaining days for Juve. However, the league has gotten more and more physical, the defenders all seem like giants now, and where DP used to rely on speed, unfortunately that speed has diminished some, and the guy gets mugged whnever he's near the bopx, and he simply can't go around them on a consistent basis like he used to.

People here like to label me a DP Basher, and that's not entirely true. A healthy, in-form DP is still our best player, bar none. But its the "healthy, in-form" part that is becoming less and less frequent. Besides, everyone wants to see a lot of big changes, but the only way that Juve does this is by selling off their big name players. The only 2 that I could see Juve even entertaining offers for are Dp and Nedved. I'm a huge Nedved fan, but he's going to be 33, and quite honestly, his prima-donna act of seeming like he gets shot in the head every time he gets touched is starting to wear thin.

I've always been of the mentality that its better to sell off a player one year too early than one year too late, just for the difference in value alone.

Juve would go on without DP, and with that money, they would be able to develop new starts, and flag bearers.

Hell, they moved on after Platini left, so anything is possible.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Well if we were selling nedved, id throw dp in to that as well. And sell them as a package deal for 70-80 mil.

And if chelsea are involved we shud push that price up to a 100 mil. for both. Take that money and do whatevr the hell needs to be done to build a solid foundation for the future.

OP

LeRoi

Sep 3, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    Sorry, I forgot an important thing. Rumors say we will replace Trezeguet with Vieri.
    To say the truth I prefer Trezeguet, he is younger and personally I think he is greater than Cristian.
    I hope Trezeguet will stay here.

Jul 7, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++

Yes, you are right. Who needs the 35 million €, we'll just let Del Piero stay here. When we're at it, neddy has given so much to the club, we wont sell him either. We'll play them both when they are 38, we have to give some credit to them. And how can we even thing of selling Iuliano, Montero, Pessotto, Birindelli, Conte, Tacchinardi, they've given all their careers to Juve. We dont need the money. We'll just play the until they are 40. And Thuram, Trezeguet, DI Vaio, Miccoli, Camoranesi, Tudor, Legrotagglie, Appiah, Maresca all have a juventino heart, we cant possibly sell them. Well I guess we'll just have to play them all the time, even when they are 40. We might just be ablte to win the Serie C cup then. And when they retire we'll just buy new players. I mean we have the money, FIAT is blooming on the world market and the economy will surely be fantastic. So our shares will lose value after we get relegated, but so what, the emotions are more important, we love our players. We certanly dont need any money from selling them, Moggi has a access to the Italian national bank, we'll always have money.

:rolleyes:
    I diagree with You one more time. Alex is Alex and Alex Del Piero is one. I know we have many players but he's unique, he's here for allhe's carear(only short term in Padova) and everyone on this world is knowing Juve-Del Piero not Biri or Montero not Di Vaio not anyone else!! First they think about him becouse he's true Bianconero and he will be there until he finish his carear and maybe many years more in coach or managing job. Yes, he's out of his true form but Lippi still calls him to first team, Ancelotti did the same!! Why?? Becouse thay have so strong team that can play in 10 man?? No!! He's leader of this team! Even when he hasn't his best shape he can give this team a lot of attitude and with one pass, one shoot, one cross may turn things better. He's born for this team and I know that he will retire here, you all may balme him but he gives his heart to this team! Can you imagine Real Madrid selling Raul?? I dont think so, and I dont think that Moggi ever sells Del Piero, if he wanted to do that he probably can sold him when he was truly out of form after he's injury, but he's still here anbd he will be still here!!!

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    selling alex is honestly the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. even if alex has a broken leg he will still be on the juve bench. im not saying that i love the guy and i want him to be at juve, im just saying that the management is too tight with the guy. its like milan selling maldini... or real selling raul...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    Well if we were selling nedved, id throw dp in to that as well. And sell them as a package deal for 70-80 mil.

And if chelsea are involved we shud push that price up to a 100 mil. for both. Take that money and do whatevr the hell needs to be done to build a solid foundation for the future.
    Seriously, if the offer for Nedved and Del Piero peaked at 80 to 100 million, i would be all for it. with that money, you could rebuild this team with the best young talent possible IMO.

but then we lose an inspirational captain who leads by example, and a true champion of the club in Del Piero. And of course we lose a fighting spirit, a lion, a man who never gives up and is a key player to our attack in Nedved. However, we do get 80-100 million for a 33 year old and for a player who is peaking at 30 next year.

the decision is soooo hard if the offer came up.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    the likelihood of juve saying no to 35m is still there,believe it or not.

dp's always been special.along with deschamps and tacchinardi,he's always been one of lippi's favourites.

moggi too.

agnelli too.

you may argue that zidane was an even better player and he got sold,but he's never had the status del piero had at juve.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    rumors are flying around that barca are will be making a bid for trez, somewhere around 22mil IIRC. they're also in contact with milan on buying rui costa and inzaghi.

as much as i want trez to stay, 22mil is a done deal IMO....but i wonder whether barca has that much money :LOL:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)