Lucio = Chelsea??? (1 Viewer)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Juve trail in Lucio chase
Friday 6 February, 2004

Chelsea are close to beating Juventus for the services of Bayer Leverkusen defender Lucio this summer.

The Brazilian international is a target for the Italian club as they look to rejuvenate their ageing rearguard.

However, the stopper has fuelled speculation that he could be set for a move to the Premiership instead.

"The offer from Chelsea is the most concrete I've received so far," said the 2002 World Cup winner.

"Moving to London would not be a problem for me. After all, it's not much colder than in Germany."

Lucio, who has been at Bayer for the last three seasons, was close to joining Roma last summer but personal terms couldn’t be agreed.

That was amidst rumours that Juventus had hijacked the deal but Bayer have themselves admitted that they are holding talks with Chelsea.

"It’s no secret," said general manager Ilja Kaenzig. "There is a chance that he might be leaving us at the end of the season."

Juve could now turn their attention to Parma defenders Matteo Ferrari and Daniele Bonera who may be available for transfer in June.

Well, he's not good defensively so I don't mind him going to Chelsea. I hope we don't buy Bonera and Ferrari though. Maybe Ferrari but I'd take Mexès, Burdisso, Stam, Kompany and Rodriguez before him. If Roma need to sell Samuel or Chivu I'd take one of them too, even both.
:D (Won't happen b/c of the Moggi/Sensi war)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
mark,i agree that lucio ain't our biggest priority but only if we get any one of the other defenders you mentioned.

btw,source please:)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Well, Lucio joining chelsea sounds good to me. it means that Moggi has less options and when one has less options and MUST buy, the likes of Ferrari and Mexes are the targets he'll go for.:D

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
when was the last time we bought defenders or any players from outside of serie A? the only one i can think of is trez....

somehow i have a feeling moggi wud go for ferrari, bonera or even stam :wallbang:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I think we'll definitely get Ferrari or Bonera :undecide:

They're not bad players, but they're not excellent either. I'll keep praying for Mexes.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
when was the last time we bought defenders or any players from outside of serie A? the only one i can think of is trez....
Within last years most of those abroad acquisitions have been more or less failures. Played out of position, not given a proper change or simply sucked, failures anyways.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Ferrari and bonera would be better buys than stam in my opinion. at least we have young defenders coming in.

wouldnt surprise me if all 3 came though, we do need them all.

Mexes would be a great buy though...moggi should offer a lot for him. Tudor plus cash...montero if they like as well.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
We need a big defender like Ferrara, one whose aerial. And i think Lucio fits that bill, better than a Stam. Simply becoz hes younger.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Bonera and Ferrari are no good to juve .. i've seen them play many times (nothing special at all).

Stam and Mexes would be really good.

or Bordon from stuttgart seems to be very solid and has also a great free-kicks.. sort of like Mihajlovic.

Gallas wont be bad either and we could get him for cheap since he doesnt get much of playin and chelsea would be looking to get rid of thier players.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
I think we'll definitely get Ferrari or Bonera :undecide:

They're not bad players, but they're not excellent either. I'll keep praying for Mexes.
amen brother, amen!!!

If lucio goes to Chelski, then Mexes is even more the number one target imo, he should be signed......now!!!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++
Gallas wont be bad either and we could get him for cheap since he doesnt get much of playin and chelsea would be looking to get rid of thier players.
i for one would be really happy if we got gallas.he can play anywhere in defence and has pace and vision.

he's a good choice imho.

Jul 12, 2002
I wasn't aware that Galllas was available...if he is then he's an ideal prospect. He does have pace and good ability, and Thuram can help him fit in. I doubt, however, that Chelsea are about to let him go, considering Desailly's age.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
they have so many promising defenders...terry and johnson could make the centre of defence,+ bridge and probably stanic.
But, they can afford to pay them all easily, so I don't think that they will be selling...

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
they have so many promising defenders...terry and johnson could make the centre of defence,+ bridge and probably stanic.
That other guy, Huth I belive his name is, I've seen him a couple of times and he was also good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)