Juventus make early offer for Lazio's Stam (2 Viewers)

dreamer

Aug 7, 2003
February 5, 2004

Juventus are pushing for an early agreement with Lazio over defender Jaap Stam.

The Dutchman has been told by Lazio officials that he will be sold in the summer. The Rome club does not want a repeat of the Dejan Stankovic situation, with Stam's current deal having less than 18 months to run.

Juve are pulling out all stops to land the former Manchester United centre-half and have already made a preliminary offer of £6 million, plus the shared registration of one their top young players.

Lazio are demanding £7 million, but Juve chiefs are confident the Romans won't get a better offer than theirs.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/february/italnews2050204.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
wow great... we'll have a decent defender (he's not like he used to be) for another 2 years at most?? then what??
we'll just have another Ferrara/Montero/Grandpa case.

JUVE NEEDS LONG TERM REPLACEMENTS. That means younger defenders. Get Mexes, get Trabelsi, move Thuram in the middle.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by dreamer ] ++
February 5, 2004

Juventus are pushing for an early agreement with Lazio over defender Jaap Stam.

The Dutchman has been told by Lazio officials that he will be sold in the summer. The Rome club does not want a repeat of the Dejan Stankovic situation, with Stam's current deal having less than 18 months to run.

Juve are pulling out all stops to land the former Manchester United centre-half and have already made a preliminary offer of £6 million, plus the shared registration of one their top young players.

Lazio are demanding £7 million, but Juve chiefs are confident the Romans won't get a better offer than theirs.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/february/italnews2050204.html
NOt Miccoli or Maresca!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I wish they said that we're selling Miccoli and Maresca. No I haven't gone crazy, I'm not too worried because it's tribalfootball :D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Why are we so adamant on Stam? Whats the idea behind bolstering the defense for a shorter period of time. And when was the last time Juve bought a 31 year old player?!?! Let alone a defender.

I dont stand for this at all. We need younger talent.

Jul 28, 2002
Kompany , ive heard, is a very very very good prospect....i think we should get this mofo before Chelsea do.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Why not get Stam AND a young upcoming defender like Mexes? That way we have Stam for now, and Mexes for later. Trabelsi will be a free agent this summer so we can acquire him as well and voila! Defensive problem solved if you ask me.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
Kompany , ive heard, is a very very very good prospect....i think we should get this mofo before Chelsea do.
Didn't Anderlecht just extend his contract though?

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
Dam we cannot sign stam. I spent alot of time bad mouthing man utd players to all my MU fan friends. :D Would be difficult if we signed one let alone a man u reject :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
While I don't necessarily agree with getting Stam over the summer, if the main reason why Stam didn't come over in january was because of a difference in fees, then I'll be very disappointed.

Would much rather have younger players like a Trabelsi, Alves, or a Mexes.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
I am quite surprised yall don't really want Stam. He is quality in quantity. How many times has he made the team of the week? He is a rock. Unpassable. And he is pretty good going forward too.

He looks like he has some years still left in him. He is very fit and doesn't seem like the type to deteriorate like Montero and your fellow defence.

Maldini is pretty old and is still one of the best in the business and for some reason I see Jaap Stam being similiar.

Oh, now I remember. He wants to go back to Holland. :wallbang:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Even so K10, we're looking for a more permanent alternative. We're pretty much fed up with the average age of our defence being over 30.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Mexes, ferrari and trablesi are all needed. sell montero, iuliano, ferrar retires and use Tudor as bait as he is basically useless for most of the season.

this way we have legrottaglie, thuram, mexes and ferrari as centre backs, trabelsi for the right. We are set for the future at least.

Stam is great but how can a 31 year old fix and ageing defence problem?

on top of that, if stam joins, you can say goodbye to Maresca for good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)