Chelsea 'chase Trabelsi' (1 Viewer)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Tunisia defender Hatem Trabelsi has said he is involved in talks with Premiership sides Arsenal and Chelsea.
"I want to have it sorted out by next week," said the Ajax player.

The 27-year-old is currently recovering from a knee injury although he has made two appearances as substitute at the African Cup of Nations.

"Three years with Ajax is enough. I want to experience other things," added Trabelsi, who also claims he is being pursued by Italian club Juventus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well its between Juve chelski and the Gunners

trabelsi would be a big addition to our already complete squad,but we dont really need him we've got 2 right backs and a center back that can play as a right back,Lauren,Volz and Toure.:D

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 27, 2003
To chelseaabrohmovic is really doing some kind of hell of a good work! he has brought down most of the players!
this great defender would be a great addtion to the juve team but i dont think he would come to juventus if he was to come to the serie A then hell be heading to Ac milan

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Can somebody describe his style? Does he play like Thuram? Is he a better crosser? Less defensive?

They'll show the 1/4 finals of the Africans Cup here so if Tunisia is there I'll watch him.

OP
Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    @mark77,Tunisia qualified for the quarter finals as 1st place.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
    Can somebody describe his style? Does he play like Thuram? Is he a better crosser? Less defensive?

They'll show the 1/4 finals of the Africans Cup here so if Tunisia is there I'll watch him.
    He's faster than Thuram, so he's more attacking, but just as good defensively. He's a great tackler, a good marker, and a fabulous passer. His crosses get better every time I see them, and Koeman has given him a tactical awareness that few defenders have these days.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Thanks guys for the info.

I'll watch him closely at the African's Cup. Wow, if he's better and younger than Thuram I sure hope we get him asap.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    He started out as a winger, so his attacking play is well developed. I haven't seen him play enough to pass judgement though.

OP
    Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++

He's faster than Thuram, so he's more attacking, but just as good defensivel y. He's a great tackler, a good marker, and a fabulous passer. His crosses get better every time I see them, and Koeman has given him a tactical awareness that few defenders have these days.
    just as good defensivly?:eek:i probably havent seen him as much as you did,but from what i saw he doesnt come close to Thuram defensivly.

Jul 28, 2002
    an on-form trabelsi versus a on form thruam, hmm

Lilian is the better defender, defesnivly on his day he is pure class.

Hatem, is a very inteligent right back, with pace and great passing. He can also play in a back three.

He's kinda like a young lilian but with more attacking attribute and less classy defending.

Booooy i hope we get him, cos even Spurs are doing better deals than us!!!!

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
    just as good defensivly?:eek:i probably havent seen him as much as you did,but from what i saw he doesnt come close to Thuram defensivly.
    Of course, it is a matter of opinion, but I think that Trabelsi tackles and marks just as well as Thuram. Maybe his positioning is not as good, and Thuram may be better in the air, but I'll take Trabelsi's speed and endurance.

OP
    Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    well yes,your right its a matter of opinion,and IMo Thuram is the best right back in europe(especially defensively)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)