damn...stankovic has signed for inter (1 Viewer)

Square

Oct 6, 2002
for 3m.

emre and stankovic in central midfield for inter...thats amazing!

Stankovic signs for Inter Saturday 31 January, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dejan Stankovic saga is finally over after he completed his proposed move from Lazio to Inter.

The Serbian international, who only had six months left on his capital contract, has departed in a £3m deal.

Inter had been in negotiations with Lazio for the past month after the midfielder, also wanted by Juventus, said he’d love to join the Nerazzurri.

However, talks had seemingly stalled over the past week with Lazio boss Roberto Mancini insisting that the former Red Star Belgrade player would stay until the summer.

Yet the move was back on this morning when it was noted that Stankovic was not at Lazio’s Formello training complex with the rest of the squad.

He’d flown out of Fiumicino airport this morning with Milan as his destination in a bid to conclude the deal.

Stankovic has put pen to paper on a contract with the club that will tie him to the San Siro side until 30 June 2008.

The arrival of Stankovic will be of great use to Alberto Zaccheroni who had often admitted that he was lacking a quality attacking midfielder.

It now gives Zac the possibility to field Stankovic behind the front two of Christian Vieri and Adriano in a 3-4-1-2 formation.

Stankovic is Inter’s second big signing in January after the club also netted Adriano from Parma in a £16m deal two weeks ago.

It’s also been confirmed that Lazio will receive Goran Pandev from Inter, as part of the deal, in the summer once his loan spell with Ancona ends.

channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Square

Square

Oct 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    even if he did say he would prefer inter...stankovic is hardly a player you wouldnt want in your team.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Stank is a good player, no doubt, but I don't like his attitude and we have Appiah, Maresca, Brighi, and Blasi for the future. Dejan wasn't needed.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    he was needed i believe. i have faith in maresca and appiah, but i would have liked stankovic as well. one thing is for sure, with stankovic signing for inter, it does make you wonder who moggi will bring in as a attacking midfielder come june. hopefully its a young star.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    he was needed i believe. i have faith in maresca and appiah, but i would have liked stankovic as well. one thing is for sure, with stankovic signing for inter, it does make you wonder who moggi will bring in as a attacking midfielder come june. hopefully its a young star.
    Let's hope its an established star.

OP
    Square

Square

Oct 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    yes we have appiah, maresca, birghi and blasi for the future.

appiah and maresca i can definately see as being the best central midfield partnership in the world in a few years.

brighi shouldve had his time 2 years ago, but hes another victim of juves youth disasters - he was going to be a world class player with a regular first team place, but was swapped for di vaio.

blasi? he strong and determined, but lacks technique.

gasbaronni hopefully will mature further, hes supposedly an excellent winger. tachinardi will also still be around, and camo and zomba!

BFC82

Oct 24, 2003
    Little by little the pieces are coming together, and I must say that Stankovic was a big piece of the puzzle. We finally have a "Pavel Nedved" type of player who can supply Adriano and Vieri with as many balls as possible. Hopefully, this is the start of a new Inter when I can wake up on a sunday morning and smell victory.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Stam would be useless at Juve. Hes aint getting any younger. Thta means we'd anyway have to replace him after one or 2 seasons!

Oct 1, 2002
    yeah, let's see... this season they bought Kily and Van Der Meyde. what happened to them in Inter?
    as Juve fans, I dearly hope Stankovic will join them.
    I'm so evil.. it's unfair to Stankovic. :devil:

++ [ originally posted by BFC82 ] ++
    Little by little the pieces are coming together, and I must say that Stankovic was a big piece of the puzzle. We finally have a "Pavel Nedved" type of player who can supply Adriano and Vieri with as many balls as possible. Hopefully, this is the start of a new Inter when I can wake up on a sunday morning and smell victory.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    Now they also took Pizarro on loan till the end of the season...:groan:....
    Where is our defender????
    Damn now i think it's over....

Jan 30, 2004
    Yes, its right. Stankovic wasn´t needed. We have Appiah, Maresca, Brighi, Blasi and Camoranesi is also not so old, for the future. But don´t forgot Andrea Gasbarroni from Palermo, its our Player and he will come to us in the summer. I think he play a good season in the Serie B.

.........Enzo Maresca: regista del futuro. :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)