Juve target Stam, Ferrari purchase inevitable (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Coach Marcello Lippi has stated that Juve won't be involved in any January transfers, but director general Luciano Moggi is already looking at two new faces for next season. here's what Channel4 had to say.

Juve plan Stam swoop
Wednesday 21 January, 2004

After missing out on Dejan Stankovic, Juventus are keen to beat Inter for the services of Jaap Stam.

The Nerazzurri are set to wrap up the Stankovic deal but were also hoping to tempt his Lazio teammate Stam to the San Siro.

However, Juventus are plotting to sign the Dutchman in a bid to strengthen their defence for the new campaign.

Lazio yesterday insisted that Stam won’t be sold until the summer and Juve transfer wizard Luciano Moggi is already making plans.

The initial idea is to offer the Roman outfit the services of Andrea Gasbarroni and Matteo Brighi – both stars of the Italian Under-21 side.

Gasbarroni is currently on loan with Serie B side Palermo, while Brighi will return to Juve after his loan spell at Brescia comes to an end.

Yet reports suggest that Lazio would prefer a different deal. They are looking for cash and the services of Fabrizio Miccoli who is struggling to get a game in Turin.

Meanwhile, Juve are still being linked with a move for Parma’s Matteo Ferrari and his arrival in June is being labelled as inevitable.

The central defender is valued at £4.5m by the Gialloblu. The Italian champions are only looking to spend £3m on the Azzurri international.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
stam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

stam for micco.....NO
stam for Mazza etc etc .....NO

unless he is being swaped for a piece of crap, then i dont see the point in trying to rejuvante with a old defender.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Now that Stam-story is even more crap than that massive one with Parma. Two U21 stars for a guy who'll be 32 in summer.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Gogeta ] ++
Stam he plays for lazio that says it all... he crap
He Crap that Juve cant beat :D

At the rate he's going, stam still has teo three seasons left in him at the highest level. Second advantage is that he wants short contract, year or two - so you wouldnt be screwed with a long term salaries issue...

If you dont consider stam worth it......

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    both are cuptiedcuptiedcuptied. we would still be screwed in CL anyway. Moggi, invest wisely in January please.

wow that rhymes
    The rumours say that we're planning to purchase Stam and Ferrari in the summer, not in January, so they won't be cup-tied.

About the Stam deal though, Gasba + Brighi for a 31 yr old just ain't cutting it, unless Moggi is thinking of loaning out the youngsters rather than selling them. Getting rid of Maresca or Miccoli would also be a mistake imo so I think that we should forget about Stam all together, though I'd take him for free no doubt. Ferrari for 4-5 mill sounds like the thing to me.

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
    Stam would strengthen, but for how many seasons?! He's pushing ninety as it is..Ferrari seems like a good investment, but Miccoli and Maresca are two specimens of amazing talent...using either of them as bait is out of the question. :|

Jul 28, 2002
    ahh stu i see we are too guys of the same ilk.....no stam, and mexes please.............

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

(can someone please make a smillie for that :D)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

I think juve should forget about Stam as he's too old, while ferrari is simply not GOOD ENOUGH to be purchesed by juve even though he's value seems tempting. I personally think that legrottaglie is better than ferrari.

The only good defender out there now is Lucio. so who gives a shit if he's cuptied, at least we secure a world class defender.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

I think juve should forget about Stam as he's too old, while ferrari is simply not GOOD ENOUGH to be purchesed by juve even though he's value seems tempting. I personally think that legrottaglie is better than ferrari.

The only good defender out there now is Lucio. so who gives a shit if he's cuptied, at least we secure a world class defender.
    The thing is that he's not cup tied. :D

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    ahh stu i see we are too guys of the same ilk.....no stam, and mexes please.............
    Brilliant minds think alike ;)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    Stam is one of my fav defender, but he's 31 yo now (If I'm not mistaken). I think we need to invest a talented young defender, like Lucio, Mexes etc...
    well, I've heard that Stam would like to play for Inter since they would give him a contract untill 2005 and after that, he would like to go back to Holland.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)