SERIE A: Sampdoria - Juventus (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Roma are three points ahead and Milan level with us, so we have to win this match. It won't be easy, but with the title race so close we need to find ways to grind out results, even when we don't play well.

Hopefully Tacchinardi, Thuram, Legrottaglie and Davids will recover in time for this game... anybody know how close to fitness the above players are?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    I don't think that anyone can seriously deny that Samp have the potential to beat us when you put into consideration how we've been playing lately. An upset is in the air if you ask me.. hopefully I'm wrong...

PS. I think that Lippi should drop Trezeguet, like he did Del Piero, until he regains form. I don't see what Marcello sees at trainings, but in the recent matches (bar the one at Lecce) David hasn't put in performances that warrant a first team place.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I think it's a matter of breaking the bad spell, I'm taking for granted that we will hit some serious form in February, as Dr. Lippi's theory clearly postulates. But the sooner the better, losing points is not good when Milan and Roma dominate like they do.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Naaah I think you guys are being a tad pessimistic. I think a big win is on the cards, it's been too long and the boys are probably gettin hungry :)

Then again, I may just be trying to be optimistic

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    We'll see what happens with Bazzani of Sampdoria. There are rumors flying everywhere that he could be sold soon.

Needless to say, that would play in our favor greatly.

Then again what does that say about the state of affairs about the juve defense, when we can look to our opposition selling a quality player as an advantage to us:down:

This needs to be fixed, and fixed soon. It's a good thing that Ze Maria and Bothroyd were off their game against Juve.

And someone please tell me why Juve could only manage one goal against a swiss-cheese defense like that??

JuveGuy

Aug 1, 2002
    It's always important to win the first game of new year. We did it. Now let's win the next one. I do hope DP and Trez will do something. It's time to show what they used to be.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    Del Piero's form is flourishing by the minute and Nedved has finally captured his last season form. With these two men firing on all cylinders we should be fine. Add a Miccoli and Di Vaio to that equation and you got yourself a fine attack. Our midfield is battling IMO. Appiah is not playing up to standards and Tachi is injured. We are not winning the midfield battles like we did soo much last season. Its most probably the loss of Davids. But with a bit of polishing and time, Juve can return to their old form. I see a win with a not too big of a margin. Maybe 2:1 to Juve.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    I'm gonna say 2-1 to Juve.. :thumb:

Aug 1, 2003
    Juve needs to win, and Samp is in good form I think (everytime I see them they tend to win) but whatever it is they're capable of beating our defense.

Well. Those facts aside.
    I say we win.
    Hah.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    The last games we played against Sampdoria that I remember were won thanks to the odd goal (0-1 mostly). Hopefully it will be the same.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
    Del Piero Trez Nedved. On form there is no better trio:D

Yes I get to see this one live. Samp beat Udinese so they must be up after that win. God willing a win in style. DP has to score.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    The last games we played against Sampdoria that I remember were won thanks to the odd goal (0-1 mostly). Hopefully it will be the same.
    Why do u hope we'll win by such a small margin?

I'll say 4-0

Del Piero hat-trick and Zambrotta goal :extatic:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Cos Sampdoria have improved drastically in these last games, and from a team fighting for relegation they have become a team fighting for a Uefa place as their new players have gelled perfectly.

We would be too arrogant to expect our team to march on the Marassi stadium and win by a huge margin. a 1-0 result is good against a good team who are one of the the most in form teams in Serie A right now.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    nah we will win..3-0 (trezegoal , dp, appiah)

Visca Juve
    Viva bianconeri
    Forza Black N White !

May god Bless Del Piero !

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    OMG!What a great news!!!
    They started to show the SERIE-A here in Israel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YEAH!!!:extatic::extatic::extatic:
    I already watched Roma-Milan!
    Well i'm so happy!!!!!!!!!
    The last match i saw in the serie-a live was the one on 5.5.02 when we took the scudetto at friuli!!!:party: (Memories!!!:touched::extatic: ).....
    FINALLY!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    I will not sya that Trezeguet is on a bad form.. basing the in final game, to tell you the trutj he didnt have once clearly goal achance.... but he moved very well arounf the field... and that is what he is doing well lately.

IN the lecce game.. he enytered and scored in a few minutes. So i think that we can play with him alongside del piero.. or maybe give a chance to divauio.

About del piero and nedved.. well they are ust gettin better..
    And once again is proved that del piero needs lots of games to recover the form after and injury :)

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Samp is doing well beyond anyone's expectations. I think we will find an answer to our lethargic performance from Nedved's comments. If I remember correctly he said that we have not had any proper training during the break. So expect to see a sharper Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)