Juve in for Alvez (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Juventus continue to seek reinforcements in defence and have set their sights on Brazilian Daniel Alves.

Still only 20 years of age, the youngster has already made his mark on La Liga with his club side Betis Seville.

He also hit the headlines for Brazil in the Under-20 World Cup and is currently on loan from South American side Bahia.

The right-back would be introduced so that Lilian Thuram could move into central defence.

So far this season Nicola Legrottaglie has been a disappointment and a reshuffle of the back four is in the offing.

Other options to relieve Thuram of his right-back duties are Lazio rebel Massimo Oddo and Parma’s Italian international Daniele Bonera.

The January transfer window opens on Friday morning, but some deals have already been completed.

Modena have agreed to sell former Under-21 international Nicola Corrent to Serie B side Ternana.

Fiorentina have agreed terms to take defender William Viali from Ancona.

The Viola are very active on the market and there are reports they have offered Serie B hitman Christian Rigano' in exchange for Brescia's Pippo Maniero.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    You know, where I'm from it's considered polite to reply to PMs :rolleyes:
    You know, where I'm from, people usually have more to do on New Years Eve/Day than browsing forums :rolleyes:

:p

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

You know, where I'm from, people usually have more to do on New Years Eve/Day than browsing forums :rolleyes:

:p

Hey, it was 11 am when I posted that and I had just come home arsehole :p

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Why are we always interested in unknowns and Bonera ffs!? :wallbang: Does anyone know if this Alvez is any good? :undecide:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Whats the point of buying some1 like Alvez when he isnt going to have any bearings on our current line up. We'll buy him and send him on loan. This is the time for direct replacements.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    who know?maybe the devious moggi thinks he's good enough to play in the first team...and then thuram will be moved to centre back:extatic:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    Why are we always interested in unknowns and Bonera ffs!? :wallbang: Does anyone know if this Alvez is any good? :undecide:
    i saw him play for Brazil Youth Team when they won the cup.. i must say he is one of the players that impress me during the whole competition.. i like how Juve keep an eye on World Youth CUp and nick good players before they turn great...

Jul 28, 2002
    we tend to let the really good ones go.....figo, recoba, ronaldo(9), vieri etc etc oh and Henry...........D'OH

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    if this goes on we will be seeing some very unfamiliar new faces in the juve team by february....

names i've never ever heard of are supposedly being touted as capable of rejuvinating a legendary defence and moggi doesn't seem like he's gonna go for any big names.:(

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    we tend to let the really good ones go.....figo, recoba, ronaldo(9), vieri etc etc oh and Henry...........D'OH
    err... we HAD Henry and Veri..:rolleyes:

but i notice u mentioned the only good glamour ones.... yess JUve dont really goes for the glamour road....

ps- i dunno Ronaldo (9) and VIeri played in the World Youth Cup.. which year?

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
    if this goes on we will be seeing some very unfamiliar new faces in the juve team by february....

names i've never ever heard of are supposedly being touted as capable of rejuvinating a legendary defence and moggi doesn't seem like he's gonna go for any big names.:(
    I agree that it's an uncertain future. Moggi seems unwilling or unable to spend on any big names (with the possible exception of Lucio). And we don't exactly have a great track record with bringing in lesser known players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)