Juventus VS Atalanta (5 Viewers)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I think its a bit early to discuss this match, as it is not before 3 weeks from now. We will first play Parma in the Italian SuperCup .. and hopefully our performance will be better than that in the Berlusconi.

It is always important to win the first match of the season, for team's confidence and morale .. and then we should build on this win .. Atalanta won't be easy, I reckon .. as we know the quality of players they have, but still we should pull an important win, Trezeguet should be back from injury for this match, which could give us a major boost.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
My suggestion of the formation we could use:

-----------Alex----Trez

-------------Nedved
Fresi--Davids--Conte--Brighi

-----Tudor-Montero-Thuram

-------------Buffon

I'm unsure of Fresi, but I think he can play on the left side. If not, we could perhaps play Baiocco or Zenoni. I chose Conte instead of Tacchi because he played better than Alessio last season. And if not Conte, we could move Tudor into midfield while Iuliano or Ferrara take his role. Brighi is the best substitute for the injured Zambro, so he could impress on the right side. Zenoni is also an option. If Trez wouldn't recover, I think we should play Salas.

If we use this formation against Atalanta, I believe we shouldn't have any big problems of winning. We have some great players on our desposal, we have the confidence from last season's success, and we're playing a home game.

Forza Juve!

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I think Brighi would perform better in the central midfield slot, replacing Conte ... As for Zambro's place, I think that Camoranese would fit in well, he did well in pre-season friendlies .. I think something like this would do it:

---------------------- BUFFON --------------------------

------ THURAM ---- MONTERO ----- MORETTI -------

--- CAMO ----- BRIGHI ---- TACCHI --- DAVIDS ----

--------------------- NEDVED ----------------------------

--------------- TREZ --------------- DP ------------------

Zebraheart

Jul 12, 2002
If nothing special turn out unexpectedly, Lippi will use 4-3-1-2 formation, as follows(IMO):

Buffon
Thuram Montero Iuliano Moretti
Brighi Tudor Davids
Nedved
Trez DP

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
The team that starts the super cup will probably start against Atalanta except maybe for Trez if he recovers but I am sure Tacchi will start

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
i really wish we could use three defs. instead of four
you won't see us only losing 2 games this season if that does happen,i reckon.i wouldn't like it if juve play like man u,always with a "i'll-concede-9-and-score-10" attitude.it sucks.:yuck:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
I think Brighi would perform better in the central midfield slot, replacing Conte ... As for Zambro's place, I think that Camoranese would fit in well, he did well in pre-season friendlies .. I think something like this would do it:

---------------------- BUFFON --------------------------

------ THURAM ---- MONTERO ----- MORETTI -------

--- CAMO ----- BRIGHI ---- TACCHI --- DAVIDS ----

--------------------- NEDVED ----------------------------

--------------- TREZ --------------- DP ------------------
Moretti? Why?

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by delpi25 ] ++
i know, Juventus sign only the best
Not all the time, or have u forgotten, Amoruso, Birindelli, Paramatti, Oneill, Fonseca,Blanchard and so many others:down:

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
actually ive seen moretti play and i think hes really good, he reminded me of pessotto. that oliveira guy we signed, will he be with us this season, hes registered in the CL but ive heard hes been sent out on loan.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i know a 3 man defense is more attractive, but i like the 4 man defense because its more stable. i think Trez wont make it for the start of the season. his injury looks pretty bad, i think thats why juve bought Di Vaio.

-------------------Buffon---------------------
Thuram---Montero --Iuliano-----Moretti
---Camoranesi---Davids-----Baiocco-----
--------------------Nedved-------------------
--------------DV(Salas)-------DP------------

but for an Injury-free Juventus, i like:
-------------------Buffon----------------------
Tudor----Thuram----Montero---Pessotto
-------------------Davids---------------------
--Camoranesi---------------Zambrotta---
------------------Nedved--------------------
--------------Trez---------DP-----------------

i like this better because Tudor is too good to be left out of the starting 11. Also because Thuram prefers and plays better in the Central position. Davids proved great in that defensive midfield role at the end of last season. in addition, Camoranesi is a great player (better and faster than Baiocco, Conte, Tacchi, Zenoni, Fresi, Bierindelli..........). of course, we cant knock Zambrotta out, so i put him in the left were he is also capable. now its like juve has 2 Zambrottas ;-).

this is a good base foramtion to start with...then Lippi can slowly make adjestments as the first half of the season goes on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)