Results are only viewable after voting.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    said 9
    10 would have been a top mid instead of Khedira.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    I gave it a 9

POSITIVES :

- Sold no key players except for Higuain whom we upgraded on.

- Strengthened the defense, strengthened our midfield albeit slightly but an improvement nonetheless. Strengthened our attack obviously as well.

- Reduced the average of the squad

- Bought in moar eclectic players who can be useful in multiple positions

NEGATIVES :

- Not many except for the way the Higuain-Caldara-Bonucci deal was structured. Disappointed to lose out on Caldara ofcourse.

- A better midfielder than Can would've been more desirable but we could've done worse

Overall, this is the best mercato in the Marotta era.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Dis gon be good.

9. Signed a legendary player, also improved in all areas aside from the inevitable Buffon move. Loses a mark for sentimental reasons. We probably don't need an expensive CM signing if we play as I suspect we will (largely with 2 or 3 with Berna).

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    I gave it a 9

POSITIVES :

- Sold no key players except for Higuain whom we upgraded on.

- Strengthened the defense, strengthened our midfield albeit slightly but an improvement nonetheless. Strengthened our attack obviously as well.

- Reduced the average of the squad

- Bought in moar eclectic players who can be useful in multiple positions

NEGATIVES :

- Not many except for the way the Higuain-Caldara-Bonucci deal was structured. Disappointed to lose out on Caldara ofcourse.

- A better midfielder than Can would've been more desirable but we could've done worse

Overall, this is the best mercato in the Marotta era.
    :tup:

I could see rating it anywhere from 8 to 10 dependent on how you rate Emre Can (Bentancur too) and Mattia Caldara. If you rate Can highly, and think Bentancur is going to have a big season, than it could be given 10/10. If you think Can isn't the top class CM we need, and think Caldara is the next Nesta, an 8/10 is probably appropriate.

I'd give it 8.5 or 9. I'm not sold on Can as top CM and think Bentancur is really inexperienced and rather rash on the pitch... and though I doubt Caldara is the second coming (and Bonucci in juve form is obviously still much better), he's still a top young CB it would have been nice to keep for the future.

Second best mercato as far as team improvement goes for me, behind 2011 when he brought in Pirlo, Vidal, Lichsteiner, Vucinic. This team was obviously much harder to improve though.

- - - Updated - - -

Just give Bentancur some chances
    I'm not sold on the kid yet, but he looked better at the WC. Hope Allegri gives him more time this year.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    The best mercato we have had in a very long time we have signed the best player in the world the prodigal son has returned which will help us against high pressing teams and finally we have kept all our key players.The only negative is marchisio leaving which leaves us with five midfielders but still we had a great mercato hopefully this team will win us champions league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)