World Cup 2018 LIVE thread - World Cup 2018 - Juventuz Forums - Page 609
Page 609 of 609 FirstFirst ... 109509559599607608609
Results 12,161 to 12,172 of 12172

Cash
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    That Griezmann penalty was a non-event though, poor call.

CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    What makes it even more odd is that most of Griezmann's friends are black. He has this entire bromance thing going on with Lacazette (who by the way must be what Alexandre Dumas would have looked like had he played professional football).

But he is funny. He's got the same kind of silliness Balotelli has, only he isn't completely mentally scarred and it's all in good spirit.
    I think a lot of pro athletes are like this. When you spend your life playing a game and getting loads of praise and money for it a lot of people involved are not really going to grow up in a way they would if their lives were more normal/ challenging
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

Cash
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    That Griezmann penalty was a non-event though, poor call.
    The perversity is that VAR can only interfere in the case of a clear error. So basically they're telling the ref it's a penalty. Only he doesn't think it is and sure as $#@! is doubting. After having seen it five times he gives it anyway.

So clearly, at the very least, it wasn't a clear error and VAR shouldn't have interfered.

At the same time France score from a FK that wasn't reviewed because VAR isn't able to.

Basically the system is unjust at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I think a lot of pro athletes are like this. When you spend your life playing a game and getting loads of praise and money for it a lot of people involved are not really going to grow up in a way they would if their lives were more normal/ challenging
    True. It must also be excruciatingly painful to stop and suddenly not get that praise anymore.

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    The perversity is that VAR can only interfere in the case of a clear error. So basically they're telling the ref it's a penalty. Only he doesn't think it is and sure as $#@! is doubting. After having seen it five times he gives it anyway.

So clearly, at the very least, it wasn't a clear error and VAR shouldn't have interfered.
    It was a deflection from point blank with his arm close to his body. No matter what the replay shows it shouldn't have even been considered.

Cash
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    It was a deflection from point blank with his arm close to his body. No matter what the replay shows it shouldn't have even been considered.
    I don't think it was a penalty either, but more importantly in the case of doubt it shouldn't have been reviewed.

So people here saying it was 50/50 and you could give it are wrong. The ref didn't call it. If it's a 50/50 call it shouldn't have been open to review. So the ref couldn't have given it.

It wasn't just the wrong call, it was also a wrong use of the VAR system.

Cash
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I don't think it was a penalty either, but more importantly in the case of doubt it shouldn't have been reviewed.

So people here saying it was 50/50 and you could give it are wrong. The ref didn't call it. If it's a 50/50 call it shouldn't have been open to review. So the ref couldn't have given it.

It wasn't just the wrong call, it was also a wrong use of the VAR system.
    Spot on.

Cash
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)

At the same time France score from a FK that wasn't reviewed because VAR isn't able to.

Basically the system is unjust at this point.
    Problem with the penalty call is that var should only show it in real time not slow motion. Everything looks worse in slow mo and made the handball offence look more purposeful, terrible call and a major flaw in the system
    ILLLLLL TRICOLOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICOLOOOOOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICCCOOOOLLLOOOOOORRRRRRRRR

It's not Just a stadium - It's our Home. It's not just a kit - It's our Skin. We're not only Eleven - We're Millions. We're not just a crowd - We're a family. It's not just 90 minutes - It's a lifetime. It's not just a passion - It's an emotion. It's not just a game - It's our life. Juventus is not just a club - It's a lifestyle!

Cash
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Congrats to france i guess. Didnt really feel the team too much to be honest, one of the most unconvincing world cup winners i have seen for some time. I really felt Croatia played better, and they really suffered because of that penalty kick.

standouts: Mbappe had a great tournament. Kante always works like warhorse. And Pogba did well. Varane is shaping up to be a real world class CB for years to come.

Modric the mvp of this tournament imo
    "Vincere non e' importante. E' l'unica cosa che conta”

Cash
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    I'm sure glad i missed it all
    Und alles, was man weiss, nicht bloss rauschen und brausen gehört hat, lässt sich in drei Worten sagen.

Cash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    I felt bad... an own goal and a var penalty it was a very bad way to lose a WC final...

Only Putin Umbrella sketch cheer me up again... everyone else was just getting wet and the guy didn't care a $#@!

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity". E.A.P.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd" M.D.C.

Cash
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    True. It must also be excruciatingly painful to stop and suddenly not get that praise anymore.
    If you're an accomplished player you get praised your whole life wherever you go basically.
    ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO
    sono sempre al tuo fianco