World Cup 2018 LIVE thread - World Cup 2018 - Juventuz Forums - Page 568
Page 568 of 610 FirstFirst ... 68468518558566567568569570578 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,360 of 12195
  1. #11341
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,776
    Cash
    29,802
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    6 minutes of those 26 is compensation, so basically France managed to rob only 8. Considering naturally some of the time in footie is spent with ball out of the play even if no one is time wasting and that the ref $#@!ed up in the end by not prolonging the compensation time, I wouldn't say they wasted time extremely well, a good attempt but nothing special
    Wait what? Your reading comprehension seems to be well below average. The bottom line is that out of 26 minutes of playing time, only 12 were played.

    How the $#@! can you believe that this is okay?

    It's no coincidence that the author is American btw. I'm sure Americans have a hard time understanding why people like you are so intent on keeping timewasting an integral part of football.
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    biathlon is one of the rare sports I enjoy

  2. #11342
    Juventuz addict pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,278
    Cash
    12,035
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Wait what? Your reading comprehension seems to be well below average. The bottom line is that out of 26 minutes of playing time, only 12 were played.

    How the $#@! can you believe that this is okay?
    I am not commenting on the quality for the viewer, I'm talking about the comment "France wasted time extremely well". I don't think they did, I've seen far better. If you try to calculate how many minutes frogs stole, you shouldn't take into account compensation time because basically it compensates them stealing minutes lol.

  3. #11343
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,776
    Cash
    29,802
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    I am not commenting on the quality for the viewer, I'm talking about the comment "France wasted time extremely well". I don't think they did, I've seen far better. If you try to calculate how many minutes frogs stole, you shouldn't take into account compensation time because basically it compensates for them stealing minutes lol.
    That doesn't matter if that compensation time is stolen again. Surely you can understand that much.

    And no, they did waste time extremely well. I've seen tons of games in my life. This was one of the worst in regards to timewasting.

    And even if they didn't waste time "extremely well", why would you want teams to be allowed to waste time at all? What the $#@! is the added value of time wasting? It makes the sport worse, not better.
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    biathlon is one of the rare sports I enjoy

  4. #11344
    Juventuz addict pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,278
    Cash
    12,035
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    That doesn't matter if that compensation time is stolen again. Surely you can understand that much.

    And no, they did waste time extremely well. I've seen tons of games in my life. This was one of the worst in regards to timewasting.

    And even if they didn't waste time "extremely well", why would you want teams to be allowed to waste time at all? What the $#@! is the added value of time wasting? It makes the sport worse, not better.
    sorry, no interest in discussing this with you, you've gone completely mad ever since Belgium crashed out

  5. #11345
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,776
    Cash
    29,802
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    sorry, no interest in discussing this with you, you've gone completely mad ever since Belgium crashed out
    You're a moron. An absolute moron. I can't for the life of me understand why people like you must insist on completely ruining what could be a so much better game. Why? Why the $#@! would you want to spend hours of your life looking at professional athletes doing nothing at all?

    And you've got no arguments to back your opinion up. Other than the fact you probably just like France. For some weird sadomasochistic reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    biathlon is one of the rare sports I enjoy

  6. #11346
    Juventuz addict pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,278
    Cash
    12,035
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    You're a moron. An absolute moron. I can't for the life of me understand why people like you must insist on completely ruining what could be a so much better game. Why? Why the $#@! would you want to spend hours of your life looking at professional athletes doing nothing at all?

    And you've got no arguments to back your opinion up. Other than the fact you probably just like France. For some weird sadomasochistic reason.
    I don't insist on anything.

  7. #11347
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,776
    Cash
    29,802
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    I don't insist on anything.
    It's what you want. You think time wasting is awesome. It's the "professional" thing to do and you're a big fan of it. Well, you can enjoy watching Matuidi or Mandzukic lie on the ground all day. What a great athletic feat. What an unprecedented act of football genius.

    But eventually it is going to disappear from this game. Because it goes contrary to everything that sport should be about.
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    biathlon is one of the rare sports I enjoy

  8. #11348
    Juventuz addict pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,278
    Cash
    12,035
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    It's what you want. You think time wasting is awesome. It's the "professional" thing to do and you're a big fan of it. Well, you can enjoy watching Matuidi or Mandzukic lie on the ground all day. What a great athletic feat. What an unprecedented act of football genius.

    But eventually it is going to disappear from this game. Because it goes contrary to everything that sport should be about.
    never said that.

  9. #11349
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,776
    Cash
    29,802
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    never said that.
    Clearly you think it's a great aspect of the game.

    Otherwise you would stop and think that maybe, just maybe, it's not normal to only play 12 out of 26 minutes. As the author of the article points out, there was virtually no action at all between minute 80 and minute 90. What should have been the most interesting moment in the game, was no moment at all. Because there was no football. France was wasting time by lying on the ground, by refusing to take a throw in, by refusing to take a goal kick...

    And you think this is fine. You think this should be an integral part of the game.

    Well. I don't. I'd rather watch 22 men play football.
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    biathlon is one of the rare sports I enjoy

  10. #11350
    Juventuz legend Klovn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    21,235
    Cash
    18,623
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    England such a likable team


  11. #11351
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,776
    Cash
    29,802
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2017...ning-football/

    Can't you see, @pitbull, that the net result is this:

    If you pay £50 for a ticket and a goalkeeper takes a minute to take a goal-kick that is 50p of your money gone. If this happens ten times in a match £5 of your hard earned money has gone watching a goalkeeper retrieve the ball, place the ball, wipe his face on his towel, tie his laces, replace the ball, kick his studs on the goalpost and signal something obscure before he even kicks the ball.
    It's just ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    biathlon is one of the rare sports I enjoy

  12. #11352
    Juventuz addict pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,278
    Cash
    12,035
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Clearly you think it's a great aspect of the game.

    Otherwise you would stop and think that maybe, just maybe, it's not normal to only play 12 out of 26 minutes. As the author of the article points out, there was virtually no action at all between minute 80 and minute 90. What should have been the most interesting moment in the game, was no moment at all. Because there was no football. France was wasting time by lying on the ground, by refusing to take a throw in, by refusing to take a goal kick...

    And you think this is fine. You think this should be an integral part of the game.

    Well. I don't. I'd rather watch 22 men play football.
    Sorry, no, youre the moron here. I never shared my opinion on this with you and dont intend to. You keep rambling on like a lunatic even now, I dont want to find out what nonsense will come out if someone engages with a discussion with you. Probably some more "time wasting shoud be punished by cracking a skull"

  13. #11353
    Society's Reckoning Zacheryah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    41,231
    Cash
    114,498
    Mentioned
    2096 Post(s)
    Not a fan of belgium and predicted the result


    However. Time wasting is the worst aspect of this game, and it should be managed.
    For example, the added time should be significantly increased if such shenanigans appear


    Anyone dismissing time wasting is an idiot. Its a major issue. And it also has major impact.
    The F1 remains as of 2013 one of the fastest production cars ever made; as of July 2013 it is succeeded by very few cars including the Koenigsegg Agera R, the SSC Ultimate Aero TT,and the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. However, all of the superior top speed machines use forced induction to reach their top speeds, whereas the McLaren F1 is naturally aspirated.
    http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/41...=1#post4967497

  14. #11354
    Juventuz addict pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,278
    Cash
    12,035
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacheryah View Post
    Not a fan of belgium and predicted the result


    However. Time wasting is the worst aspect of this game, and it should be managed.
    For example, the added time should be significantly increased if such shenanigans appear


    Anyone dismissing time wasting is an idiot. Its a major issue. And it also has major impact.
    y, I don't think anyone is, Seven is arguing with his imaginary opponents here

  15. #11355
    Juventuz legend king Ale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Iran
    Posts
    21,224
    Cash
    8,154
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacheryah View Post
    Not a fan of belgium and predicted the result


    However. Time wasting is the worst aspect of this game, and it should be managed.
    For example, the added time should be significantly increased if such shenanigans appear


    Anyone dismissing time wasting is an idiot. Its a major issue. And it also has major impact.
    But players can waste time during the added time too. It's frustrating (you should watch the Gulf teams play to realize how true time wasting looks like @Fred). That said, I'd hate it if they stopped the clock every time the ball goes out or a foul takes place.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    It's what you want. You think time wasting is awesome. It's the "professional" thing to do and you're a big fan of it. Well, you can enjoy watching Matuidi or Mandzukic lie on the ground all day. What a great athletic feat. What an unprecedented act of football genius.

    But eventually it is going to disappear from this game. Because it goes contrary to everything that sport should be about.
    Had you ever complained about this very ugly aspect of the game before or it just randomly happened after the Belgium - France game?
    289[+2]

    “Hope” is the thing with feathers -
    That perches in the soul -
    And sings the tune without the words -
    And never stops - at all -


    قالوا الم تکن ارض الله واسعة فتهاجروا فیها

  16. #11356
    Juventuz addict pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,278
    Cash
    12,035
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by king Ale View Post
    But players can waste time during the added time too. It's frustrating (you should watch the Gulf teams play to realize how true time wasting looks like @Fred). That said, I'd hate it if they stopped the clock every time the ball goes out or a foul takes place.
    it would significantly prolong the game, atm footie lasts 90 minutes with all the small pauses with ball out of play, compensation time usually accounts only for substitutions and longer pauses, so the "clear" game time in an average game probably is closer to 80 minutes than 90

  17. #11357
    Juventuz legend king Ale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Iran
    Posts
    21,224
    Cash
    8,154
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    it would significantly prolong the game, atm footie lasts 90 minutes with all the small pauses with ball out of play, compensation time usually accounts only for substitutions and longer pauses, so the "clear" game time in an average game probably is closer to 80 minutes than 90
    Yeah they will have to shorten the game time in that case. IMO the refs need to be harsher in punishing the players who waste the time, that's the only solution I approve of
    289[+2]

    “Hope” is the thing with feathers -
    That perches in the soul -
    And sings the tune without the words -
    And never stops - at all -


    قالوا الم تکن ارض الله واسعة فتهاجروا فیها

  18. #11358
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,776
    Cash
    29,802
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by king Ale View Post
    Had you ever complained about this very ugly aspect of the game before or it just randomly happened after the Belgium - France game?
    I don't know if I've ever complained about it on this forum. But I have definitely done so in real life in the past. Many many times. First time it really bothered me was at a game of the African Cup of Nations with Algeria. I've hated timewasting ever since.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by king Ale View Post
    That said, I'd hate it if they stopped the clock every time the ball goes out or a foul takes place.
    I used to think I'd hate it too, because I was worried about it slowing the game down. But that makes no sense when you think about it. They stop the clock in basketball too and it has no such effect there, so it won't have the same effect in football. If anything we'd finally get players acting normally again.

    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    it would significantly prolong the game, atm footie lasts 90 minutes with all the small pauses with ball out of play, compensation time usually accounts only for substitutions and longer pauses, so the "clear" game time in an average game probably is closer to 80 minutes than 90
    No. The actual game time is much much less. It would have to be somewhere around 60-70 if you stop the clock.
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    biathlon is one of the rare sports I enjoy

  19. #11359
    Society's Reckoning Zacheryah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    41,231
    Cash
    114,498
    Mentioned
    2096 Post(s)
    I do like these $#@! ass $#@! analysts


    'oh kroatia le big surprise'


    bitch $#@!ing please.
    The F1 remains as of 2013 one of the fastest production cars ever made; as of July 2013 it is succeeded by very few cars including the Koenigsegg Agera R, the SSC Ultimate Aero TT,and the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. However, all of the superior top speed machines use forced induction to reach their top speeds, whereas the McLaren F1 is naturally aspirated.
    http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/41...=1#post4967497

  20. #11360
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,776
    Cash
    29,802
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by king Ale View Post
    Yeah they will have to shorten the game time in that case. IMO the refs need to be harsher in punishing the players who waste the time, that's the only solution I approve of
    They do in the CL. Personally I'd like to see red cards handed out for time wasting. But it's not always easy to see what is time wasting and what is an actual injury for example.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    y, I don't think anyone is, Seven is arguing with his imaginary opponents here
    Your argument in favour of time wasting is that I am Belgian and therefore suddenly don't have a right to talk about timewasting anymore. It's kind of weird. Because like I've said before, this isn't really about France. I don't like their tactics, but they're allowed. My issue is with the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    biathlon is one of the rare sports I enjoy

Similar Threads

  1. [WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread
    By Dostoevsky in forum World Cup 2018
    Replies: 2402
    Last Post: 18.07.2018, 09:14
  2. World Cup 2014: LIVE thread III
    By swag in forum World Cup 2014
    Replies: 2807
    Last Post: 14.07.2014, 03:13
  3. something's cooking!!! LIVE thread
    By Mark in forum Team discussion
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 05.06.2009, 16:18
  4. 2010 World Cup Qualifiers Official Thread
    By Salvatore in forum International football
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20.08.2008, 22:08
  5. The LIVE thread
    By JCK in forum Juventus Matches
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01.10.2007, 19:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •