World Cup 2018 LIVE thread - World Cup 2018 - Juventuz Forums - Page 567
Page 567 of 609 FirstFirst ... 67467517557565566567568569577 ... LastLast
Results 11,321 to 11,340 of 12175
  1. #11321
    Juventuz champion Ronn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    5,662
    Cash
    13,126
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhRoZeN View Post
    Monaco: sidibe, subasic, lemar

    But but no EPL

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I forgot about Subasic.

  2. #11322
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    38,051
    Cash
    1,369,814
    Mentioned
    2120 Post(s)
    United: Pogba, Perisic
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sell H16UAIN!!!

  3. #11323
    Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    60,194
    Cash
    226,523
    Mentioned
    1557 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
    Are Juve, Barca and Real the only teams with players in both finalists?
    Juve: Mario, Pjaca, Matuidi
    Real: Modric, Kovacic, Varane
    Barca: Rakitic, Umtiti

    - - - Updated - - -


    Oh Atleti too. Vrsaljco, Griezman
    La Liga still (by far) the bet league in the world. But Serie A (mainly thanks to Juve) have made a big comeback over the last few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

  4. #11324
    J Salvo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus
    Posts
    52,688
    Cash
    51,839
    Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Congratulations @Alen
    ADP 10 290!
    3!6

  5. #11325
    Juventuz champion Ronn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    5,662
    Cash
    13,126
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

  6. #11326
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,733
    Cash
    29,686
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swag View Post
    In that case he's not going to like l'equipe very much.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    biathlon is one of the rare sports I enjoy

  7. #11327
    Juventuz champion Wittl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,531
    Cash
    15,074
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    What's up with you and new members? ��
    This was just a weak moment of mine.
    But you‘re right when it‘s about new members supporting other clubs, we don‘t need more Jethros or Dantes‘ here.

  8. #11328
    Founder of Hism Hist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    9,489
    Cash
    13,247
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Could Modric win the ballon dor?
    Hist: 1 decent starter, 1 worldclass, 1 bench, 2 out
    Post Ironic: 0 World class 2 decent-good starters. 1 bench player.
    DelPiero84: 3 world class, 2 bench.
    Zizinho: 2 world class, 1 very good starter and the rest for bench.
    Quetzalcoatl: 1 world class, 1 good starter, 2 bench and Staruro out.
    Alex Juventino: 2 World Class, 2 decent starters and 1 bench
    IgorTudor: 0 world class, 2 good starters, 3 bench
    ADP1897: 1 World Class, One good starter, and 3 Bench

  9. #11329
    Koul Khara! Osman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Uppsala
    Posts
    47,245
    Cash
    76,454
    Mentioned
    1838 Post(s)
    No, he is winning world cup best player, as he deserves aslong as France don't walk all over them in final. Golden ball goes to guy who scored 16 goals in CL.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus


    "Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

  10. #11330
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,733
    Cash
    29,686
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    No, he is winning world cup best player, as he deserves aslong as France don't walk all over them in final. Golden ball goes to guy who scored 16 goals in CL.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I thought Hazard had the much better tournament.

    I'm glad for Croatia as they finally delivered (and saved us all really), but I'm more impressed with Perisic really.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    biathlon is one of the rare sports I enjoy

  11. #11331
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,733
    Cash
    29,686
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Yup.
    I'm grateful it didn't happen, but for the neutrals it would have been better if Belgium didn't beat England. That way we might have watched two excellent semis in France-Brasil and Belgium-Croatia.
    I still don't get it why did the Belgians win.
    You can't say for sure it mattered. Personally I think we'd have beaten Croatia and gone to the final, but it would have been so close we might have lost.

    That would mean we'd have gone out in the semi final without having really achieved anything. Now we go out in the semi final knowing we can beat $#@!ing Brazil.

    Big difference for future tournaments / generations.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    biathlon is one of the rare sports I enjoy

  12. #11332
    Conditioned Ali's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    14,896
    Cash
    17,844
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    I thought Hazard had the much better tournament.

    I'm glad for Croatia as they finally delivered (and saved us all really), but I'm more impressed with Perisic really.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
    Despite all he did yesterday he was still quite wasteful.
    I will wait however long it takes and I know one day we will celebrate and be celebrated.

  13. #11333
    Juventuz legend Alen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    48,869
    Cash
    10,992
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    No, he is winning world cup best player, as he deserves aslong as France don't walk all over them in final. Golden ball goes to guy who scored 16 goals in CL.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    It's hard to follow the rules with all these changes in Ballon d'Or, but, if I found the correct information, only journalists from all over the world vote. Last year 176 journalists voted.
    Then there is FIFA player of the year award, where captains and managers of NTs vote. It's not as it was before when the journalists and the men in football voted together for the same award.
    It will indeed depend on the result of the final, but in an unlikely case Croatia wins the WC, Modric will be a serious candidate. He's well known around the world due to playing for Madrid, and he's admired by all the players, coaches and journalists.
    You never know with this award. People might finally be sick of the Ronaldo/Messi dominance that they could simply vote for someone who decides the final.

  14. #11334
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,733
    Cash
    29,686
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    It's hard to follow the rules with all these changes in Ballon d'Or, but, if I found the correct information, only journalists from all over the world vote. Last year 176 journalists voted.
    Then there is FIFA player of the year award, where captains and managers of NTs vote. It's not as it was before when the journalists and the men in football voted together for the same award.
    It will indeed depend on the result of the final, but in an unlikely case Croatia wins the WC, Modric will be a serious candidate. He's well known around the world due to playing for Madrid, and he's admired by all the players, coaches and journalists.
    You never know with this award. People might finally be sick of the Ronaldo/Messi dominance that they could simply vote for someone who decides the final.

    If Croatia win the World Cup, Modric will win the Ballon d'Or. No one is going to argue with both a CL and a World Cup win.

    But, even though it's Modric and the man is undeniably the best midfielder in the world, I think other players have been more instrumental in Croatia's World Cup success.
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    biathlon is one of the rare sports I enjoy

  15. #11335
    Biased JCK's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Eskilstuna
    Posts
    107,751
    Cash
    18,322
    Mentioned
    1460 Post(s)
    Modric was defensively insane against England but going forward he took very strange decisions and was very wasteful. Rakitic was terrible yesterday and that's why Perisic looked like the best Croatian player.
    Ban Cronios

  16. #11336
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,733
    Cash
    29,686
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Btw for people saying France's behaviour was normal and not unsportsmanslike and the game is okay as it is:

    https://www.eldo.co/analysis/world-c...n-wasting-time

    I reviewed the final 26 minutes of the match (70:00 through stoppage time) – during which France's time-wasting seemed to be most pronounced – and tracked starts and stoppages, their causes, and which team controlled each restart. Those final 26 minutes featured only 11 minutes and 52 seconds of action.
    The author of the article rightfully concludes:

    I don't even think you can really blame France. The rules are the rules, after all. Everybody wastes time when they're winning. France just did it extremely well today.

    But it does kinda feel like FIFA needs to do something more.
    France's time wasting was utterly ridiculous.

    Maybe you lot want to spend the next 30 years of your lives watching professional athletes waste time. Personally I'd rather watch actual football. The rules need changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    biathlon is one of the rare sports I enjoy

  17. #11337
    Juventuz legend Alen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    48,869
    Cash
    10,992
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    If Croatia win the World Cup, Modric will win the Ballon d'Or. No one is going to argue with both a CL and a World Cup win.

    But, even though it's Modric and the man is undeniably the best midfielder in the world, I think other players have been more instrumental in Croatia's World Cup success.
    I still see him as most instrumental. It's the attacking players' job to score and assist, but he is the one that makes this team click. If you check his numbers with Madrid, you will be shocked that almost everyone scores and assists more than him. His numbers with Croatia are much higher because he's forced to take responsibilities he doesn't have in Real. But aside from that he keeps doing the job he does in Madrid.

  18. #11338
    Juventuz addict pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,237
    Cash
    11,951
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Btw for people saying France's behaviour was normal and not unsportsmanslike and the game is okay as it is:

    https://www.eldo.co/analysis/world-c...n-wasting-time



    The author of the article rightfully concludes:



    France's time wasting was utterly ridiculous.

    Maybe you lot want to spend the next 30 years of your lives watching professional athletes waste time. Personally I'd rather watch actual football. The rules need changing.
    so out of 20 minutes we got 12? I wouldn't say that's extremely well, it's good, but surely La Liga teams do it better

  19. #11339
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,733
    Cash
    29,686
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    so out of 20 minutes we got 12? I wouldn't say that's extremely well, it's good, but surely La Liga teams do it better
    No. Out of 26 minutes we got 12. And the out of the last 8 we got 2. I'm not sure why you think that 12 minutes of action in 26 minutes is a good thing. Unless you want to spend time looking at a player lying on the ground, a goalkeeper cleaning his boots or people refusing to throw in.

    The difference between what France did and the CL is also night and day. And it's because we have much better refs in the CL.
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    biathlon is one of the rare sports I enjoy

  20. #11340
    Juventuz addict pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,237
    Cash
    11,951
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    No. Out of 26 minutes we got 12. And the out of the last 8 we got 2. I'm not sure why you think that 12 minutes of action in 26 minutes is a good thing. Unless you want to spend time looking at a player lying on the ground, a goalkeeper cleaning his boots or people refusing to throw in.
    6 minutes of those 26 is compensation, so basically France managed to rob only 8. Considering naturally some of the time in footie is spent with ball out of the play even if no one is time wasting and that the ref $#@!ed up in the end by not prolonging the compensation time, I wouldn't say they wasted time extremely well, a good attempt but nothing special

Similar Threads

  1. [WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread
    By Dostoevsky in forum World Cup 2018
    Replies: 2401
    Last Post: Today, 03:00
  2. World Cup 2014: LIVE thread III
    By swag in forum World Cup 2014
    Replies: 2807
    Last Post: 14.07.2014, 03:13
  3. something's cooking!!! LIVE thread
    By Mark in forum Team discussion
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 05.06.2009, 16:18
  4. 2010 World Cup Qualifiers Official Thread
    By Salvatore in forum International football
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20.08.2008, 22:08
  5. The LIVE thread
    By JCK in forum Juventus Matches
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01.10.2007, 19:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •