Serie A 2018/19 - Club football - Juventuz Forums - Page 70
Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1453

Thread: Serie A 2018/19

  1. #1381
    Juventuz star italiacalcio10's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,772
    Cash
    6,592
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The confusing part is this:

    Starting this month, ESPN+ will carry an average of nine matches live each week from August through May, while ESPN networks will televise a Serie A TIM Match of the Week — close to 40 matches per season. Most telecasts will air on ESPN and ESPN2, and the Match of the Week will also be available in Spanish on ESPN Deportes. The 20-team Serie A TIM is home to some of global football’s most recognizable and storied clubs, including Juventus FC, AC Milan, AS Roma, FC Inter Milan and more.

    This is confusing language because it appears that it implies that non-Match of the Week matches will also be on ESPN & ESPN2. But I think it is just awkward writing.

    Also:


    This will be the centerpiece of soccer rights for ESPN. Disney is on our side

  2. #1382
    MAGISTERIAL AFL_ITALIA's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    13,130
    Cash
    18,751
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by italiacalcio10 View Post
    The confusing part is this:

    Starting this month, ESPN+ will carry an average of nine matches live each week from August through May, while ESPN networks will televise a Serie A TIM Match of the Week — close to 40 matches per season. Most telecasts will air on ESPN and ESPN2, and the Match of the Week will also be available in Spanish on ESPN Deportes. The 20-team Serie A TIM is home to some of global football’s most recognizable and storied clubs, including Juventus FC, AC Milan, AS Roma, FC Inter Milan and more.

    This is confusing language because it appears that it implies that non-Match of the Week matches will also be on ESPN & ESPN2. But I think it is just awkward writing.
    Well if there are 40 matches per season it sounds like we're only really getting like one a week.
    "Juventus is not just a football club, it's a way of understanding life. ~Italo Pietra

    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    They want money, dunno why,
    'cause I want a loan with an option to buy

  3. #1383
    Juventuz star italiacalcio10's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,772
    Cash
    6,592
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFL_ITALIA View Post
    Well if there are 40 matches per season it sounds like we're only really getting like one a week.
    I agree with you.

    This statement is just awkward.
    Most telecasts will air on ESPN and ESPN2, and the Match of the Week will also be available in Spanish on ESPN Deportes.

    Most telecasts will air on ESPN 1 & ESPN 2. and the Match of the Week will also be available on ESPN Deportes.
    It sounds like "Most telecasts" includes Match of the Week + Others. Poorly written IMO

    - - - Updated - - -

    Just a note:

    We earn no extra revenue from this I think, unless there are variable components.

    From October 2017:
    IMG, the global sports, marketing and media company has acquired the Serie A international TV rights for Italy’s top flight league for €371 million per season.
    The deal, which covers the 2018-19, 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons nearly doubles the value of the previous deal with MP & Silva who held the rights since 2004.


    Interestingly, although MP & Silva reportedly offered more money than IMG, the assembly of clubs decided to change course and go in a new direction. This is a strategic change whereby it is not automatically the highest offer that wins. Other qualitative factors were looked at and perhaps IMG’s vision of how to promote and grow the Serie A brand was more compelling

    IMG, as the international rights holder, will now proceed to resell the rights to various broadcasters throughout the world. This will take place in the coming weeks as the broadcasters prepare themselves for the 2018-19 season.
    It will be interesting to see if IMG will stick with the status quo with beIN Sports, or go in a different direction.


    --------------------------------------------------
    Then from the Release...
    Hillary Mandel, SVP, North America, IMG Media, said: “IMG and Serie A are delighted to have ESPN as our media partner in the US. This was an extremely competitive process with multiple networks and platforms interested in the rights. Serie A TIM is a premium global football league which is seeing large investment and ambition from the clubs, resulting in players such as Cristiano Ronaldo joining an already strong list of some of the best footballers in the world. It was important for us to find a broadcaster who understood the vision and passion we share to elevate the profile of Serie A TIM to both existing and new fans of Italian football in the US. In ESPN+ and the ESPN networks we have that exclusive partner.”

    CONCLUSION
    Essentially when happened was: historically MP & Silva had the rights to re-sell Serie A since 2004, they would be sold to the highest bidder, which was most recently BeinSports. Bein sports buried Serie A below La Liga. Juventus was never shown. Getafe & Barcelona would be shown over Inter and Juventus.

    So essentially, when these rights came up: Serie A went with IMG to sell International Rights. IMG then sold it to a distributor who would actually grow the property rather than bury it - ESPN.

    While it doesn't give us any direct revenue growth (I don't believe), it is key to grow the brand.

  4. #1384
    Marchisio AlexJuventino's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    18,019
    Cash
    60,375
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Hopefully, they play all of JUVES games
    "I love the sea... you know why? Because you can not see the end; the sea is the image of perfect freedom" -Allegri

    " Gli antijuventini sono come le zanzare, fastidiosi ma possono solo sucare"

  5. #1385
    Optimist Prime Hustini's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    78,416
    Cash
    210,766
    Mentioned
    2477 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFL_ITALIA View Post
    Thank you, Ronaldo
    You mean, thank you
    2018/2019 - 0 injuries.
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

    Lurkers have rights too.

  6. #1386
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,639
    Cash
    33,294
    Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Pastore plays for Roma now?

    Post World Cup i really haven't paid attention to anything non juve related. Going to browse transfermarkt and see what other transfers I am not aware of.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Real Madrid breaking the rules and making an extra sub in a friendly competition

    disgusting how confident they are to just do whatever the F they want know they will face no consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  7. #1387
    Juventuz champion

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    9,370
    Cash
    14,197
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Pastore plays for Roma now?

    Post World Cup i really haven't paid attention to anything non juve related. Going to browse transfermarkt and see what other transfers I am not aware of.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Real Madrid breaking the rules and making an extra sub in a friendly competition

    disgusting how confident they are to just do whatever the F they want know they will face no consequences.
    What do you want Fifa to do?! Give them a friendly without their crowd?! Its a friendly.. who cares..

    Milan want Bakayoko now - I see Milan likes those brainless players (Kessie and now Kessie V2.0)

  8. #1388
    Juventuz addict pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,522
    Cash
    12,551
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgut View Post
    What do you want Fifa to do?! Give them a friendly without their crowd?! Its a friendly.. who cares..

    Milan want Bakayoko now - I see Milan likes those brainless players (Kessie and now Kessie V2.0)
    would be glorious
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    What a bad signing Ronaldo is. He's so old.

  9. #1389
    Optimist Prime Hustini's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    78,416
    Cash
    210,766
    Mentioned
    2477 Post(s)


    - - - Updated - - -

    (lol love the last one with Ronaldo )
    2018/2019 - 0 injuries.
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

    Lurkers have rights too.

  10. #1390
    C.V juventino320's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Doha
    Posts
    4,001
    Cash
    8,656
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    340+ is half of seria a games, so let me get this $#@! right, the italian clubs get extra income? and how much if so

  11. #1391
    Juventuz champion

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    9,370
    Cash
    14,197
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juventino320 View Post
    340+ is half of seria a games, so let me get this $#@! right, the italian clubs get extra income? and how much if so
    Isnt there 10 games each week and a total of 38 weeks which means 380 games total?!
    340+ is way more than half.. its almost 90%...
    I have ESPN on my TV (not sure about ESPN+ though..)
    I hope I get access to all games or at least all Juve games

  12. #1392
    C.V juventino320's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Doha
    Posts
    4,001
    Cash
    8,656
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    oh yes my mistake, what interest me is more income! and how much lol

  13. #1393
    Juventuz champion Juvellino's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,007
    Cash
    10,235
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    This is great news. BeIN sports was unreliable and terrible quality. ESPN should alwaya be in HD and a game of the week will probably often be Juve. ESPN+ costs $5 a month, much cheaper than fubu tv. For $5 month we basically get every Juve match and almost all Serie A matches.
    Forza Juventus Forza Azzurri

    "Nobody cares.... Nobody cares.... Worry about yourself, your family, and the people that are important to you."

  14. #1394
    Juventuz champion

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    9,370
    Cash
    14,197
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvellino View Post
    This is great news. BeIN sports was unreliable and terrible quality. ESPN should alwaya be in HD and a game of the week will probably often be Juve. ESPN+ costs $5 a month, much cheaper than fubu tv. For $5 month we basically get every Juve match and almost all Serie A matches.
    5$ a month isnt bad.. I might take it if its not on my TV already..

    Did you hear Palotta?! He apparently told Kluivert jr that he isnt going to sell him to Barca in the future.
    He also offered him a Lamburgini if he scores 30G (in his dreams)
    10G and he gets a Mercedes (might get it but I still doubt he will) - I expect him to score 3 goals maybe 4 as he will probably start as a bench player to Dzeko and I dont think this Kluivert is talented enough to bench Dzeko or start along side him anytime soon..

  15. #1395
    Juventuz champion Nenz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    9,761
    Cash
    5,304
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Hopefully the same commentators as BeIN. Love that Scottish and Welsh duo. No idea what their names are but they've been commentating Serie A for ages. Very knowledgeable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Is ESPN+ available on PS4?
    COLLINGWOOD FC

  16. #1396
    Juventuz champion

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    9,370
    Cash
    14,197
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvellino View Post
    This is great news. BeIN sports was unreliable and terrible quality. ESPN should alwaya be in HD and a game of the week will probably often be Juve. ESPN+ costs $5 a month, much cheaper than fubu tv. For $5 month we basically get every Juve match and almost all Serie A matches.
    ESPN+ is a different channel from ESPN or its a package that is called ESPN+?
    How much will cost the whole treat?

  17. #1397
    Banned Alex-444's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Casa Milan Bon-City
    Posts
    22,238
    Cash
    467,739
    Mentioned
    1562 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    but what about us?

  18. #1398
    Juventuz champion Juvellino's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,007
    Cash
    10,235
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgut View Post
    ESPN+ is a different channel from ESPN or its a package that is called ESPN+?
    How much will cost the whole treat?
    I think ESPN+ is it's own separate thing. I don't think you need ESPN or any package or cable or anything. It's $5 a month.
    Forza Juventus Forza Azzurri

    "Nobody cares.... Nobody cares.... Worry about yourself, your family, and the people that are important to you."

  19. #1399
    MAGISTERIAL AFL_ITALIA's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    13,130
    Cash
    18,751
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    You also have the option to pay $50 for the whole year and save a little money.
    "Juventus is not just a football club, it's a way of understanding life. ~Italo Pietra

    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    They want money, dunno why,
    'cause I want a loan with an option to buy

  20. #1400
    Juventuz champion

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    9,370
    Cash
    14,197
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvellino View Post
    I think ESPN+ is it's own separate thing. I don't think you need ESPN or any package or cable or anything. It's $5 a month.
    Thats great!
    I`ll see if they broadcast it on any other channel and if they dont I`ll definitely get it
    It works with any Android TV right?

Similar Threads

  1. [Serie A] Fiorentina 0-2 JUVENTUS [February 9th 2018]
    By Hustini in forum Juventus Matches
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 13.02.2018, 17:35
  2. [Serie A] JUVENTUS 7-0 Sassuolo [February 4th 2018]
    By Hustini in forum Juventus Matches
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05.02.2018, 20:19
  3. [Serie A] Chievo 0-2 JUVENTUS [January27th 2018]
    By Hustini in forum Juventus Matches
    Replies: 237
    Last Post: 31.01.2018, 12:29
  4. [Serie A]JUVENTUS 1-0 Genoa [January 22nd 2018]
    By Hustini in forum Juventus Matches
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 24.01.2018, 09:51
  5. [Serie A] Cagliari 0-1 JUVENTUS [January 6th 2018]
    By Hustini in forum Juventus Matches
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 12.01.2018, 02:37

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •