Serie A 2018/19 - Club football - Juventuz Forums - Page 72
Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1453

Thread: Serie A 2018/19

  1. #1421
    The Informer Mark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    76,595
    Cash
    310,457
    Mentioned
    6554 Post(s)
    inDa...history...LOL
    JUVENTUS 1897-2006
    Juventus 2006-2011
    JUVENTUS 2011-14
    Allegri Era

  2. #1422
    Juventuz legend Fr3sh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    34,142
    Cash
    62,237
    Mentioned
    2628 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerval View Post


    In the comments there are Inter fans saying Real never won the triplete they've just won the CL 13 time. Unbelievable retardation @Mark @Post Ironic
    Völler is here with DAi.

  3. #1423
    Juventuz regular pavluska's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,954
    Cash
    2,640
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    The ESPN news.... How much did they buy it for?

    Did they buy from Lega or Sky/SportMediaset, who hold the rights, or how does it work?

    Basically, I wanna know if we'll be making more $.

  4. #1424
    Juventuz champion

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    9,374
    Cash
    14,207
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Napoli - Problem in paradise - Everyone vs ADL..
    Just saw you already post it so just joining the party

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Toro_Merda View Post
    So he told them to go support Juventus if they want to win? 😂
    He is right though.. just not for the reasons he means..

  5. #1425
    C.V juventino320's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Doha
    Posts
    4,001
    Cash
    8,656
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i got the feeling that napoli will not make it to the top 4 this year

  6. #1426
    Juventuz star Valerio.'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,326
    Cash
    7,851
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    BBilan suddenly got money or what?

  7. #1427
    Juventuz champion

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    9,374
    Cash
    14,207
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerval View Post


    In the comments there are Inter fans saying Real never won the triplete they've just won the CL 13 time. Unbelievable retardation @Mark @Post Ironic
    Inter fans are idiots..
    As for their claim - Maybe if Real plan a conspiracy against Barcelona and then rob them of their best players - maybe they will win the treble..
    Inter never won the treble by themselves - We all know Inter wouldnt even win the league let alone the CL should we stand in their way..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by juventino320 View Post
    i got the feeling that napoli will not make it to the top 4 this year
    Well we are definitely ahead while I see Inter being the 2nd best this season
    Roma and Napoli to fight for 3rd place (This is how it seems..)
    I expect Lazio to regress a little bit
    Milan will improve due to Higuain but I just dont know how much Higuain can carry them..
    Fiorentina could be the surprise package with Chiesa and Pjaca on the sides but I dont expect them to finish in the top 4..

    Bookies at my country (probably the same in other countries) say the odds are at
    1.Juve
    2.Inter
    3.Napoli
    4.Roma
    5.Milan
    6.Lazio
    7.Atalanta
    8.Fiorentina

    I`d put Fiorentina above Atalanta but it does seems right

  8. #1428
    Juventuz addict pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,522
    Cash
    12,551
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerio. View Post
    BBilan suddenly got money or what?
    they're bound to sell Kalinič to Atletico, are rumored to sell R.Rodriguez and I expect them to sell one of Reina or Donnaruma before the season starts, so probably they do have some money to invest in smarter purchases than last year
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    What a bad signing Ronaldo is. He's so old.

  9. #1429
    Juventuz star DutchJuventino's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,956
    Cash
    6,356
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Musa Barrow the new Atalanta relevation? 3 matches in Europa qualifiers 4 goals and 2 assists.

  10. #1430
    The Informer Mark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    76,595
    Cash
    310,457
    Mentioned
    6554 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJuventino View Post
    Musa Barrow the new Atalanta relevation? 3 matches in Europa qualifiers 4 goals and 2 assists.
    Linked to him last year.
    Atalanta with Gasp seem to make their players shine. Let's see how they do with other clubs...
    JUVENTUS 1897-2006
    Juventus 2006-2011
    JUVENTUS 2011-14
    Allegri Era

  11. #1431
    Juventuz star DutchJuventino's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,956
    Cash
    6,356
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    I always liked Gasperini!
    Not for us, but for Serie A teams who normally end in mid-table and has a good academy. Positive and attacking football and not afraid to play youngsters. He is good for Serie A.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I always liked Gasperini!
    Not for us, but for Serie A teams who normally end in mid-table and has a good academy. Positive and attacking football and not afraid to play youngsters. He is good for Serie A.

  12. #1432
    Juventuz star italiacalcio10's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,774
    Cash
    6,596
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pavluska View Post
    The ESPN news.... How much did they buy it for?

    Did they buy from Lega or Sky/SportMediaset, who hold the rights, or how does it work?

    Basically, I wanna know if we'll be making more $.
    I posted something a couple of pages ago:
    This is the original release:

    Cristiano Ronaldo will make Serie A TIM debut with Juventus vs. Chievo, Aug. 18 on ESPN+
    Serie A TIM Match of the Week to air in English and Spanish on ESPN Networks
    ESPN and ESPN+ have reached an exclusive, multi-year rights agreement in the United States for Italy’s Serie A TIM, one of the world’s top soccer leagues. The agreement will bring more than 340 matches per season to ESPN+, the new multi-sport, direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service from The Walt Disney Company Direct-to-Consumer & International (DTCI) segment and ESPN.

    Starting this month, ESPN+ will carry an average of nine matches live each week from August through May, while ESPN networks will televise a Serie A TIM Match of the Week — close to 40 matches per season. Most telecasts will air on ESPN and ESPN2, and the Match of the Week will also be available in Spanish on ESPN Deportes. The 20-team Serie A TIM is home to some of global football’s most recognizable and storied clubs, including Juventus FC, AC Milan, AS Roma, FC Inter Milan and more.

    Coverage of Serie A TIM will also feature year-round news and highlights content across ESPN platforms. Additionally, ESPN+ will exclusively feature one-hour season preview and review programs, a weekly preview and highlight shows and a Serie A TIM goals of the week program.

    “We are extremely satisfied with the agreement, which testifies the growing importance and the international recognition of our league,” said Gaetano Miccichè, Lega Serie A President. “This agreement, together with those recently concluded, shows the value of both Serie A TIM and its champions, which will be appreciated by more than 90 million soccer fans and enthusiasts in the U.S. in the next years”.

    Added Burke Magnus, Executive Vice President, Programming and Scheduling, ESPN, “The addition of Italy’s Serie A TIM underscores our ambitious goal of making ESPN+ home to the world’s best soccer leagues – and an indispensable destination for fans of the sport in the United States. With Ronaldo’s arrival to Serie A TIM, we anticipate even more interest and exposure for this property in the seasons ahead.”

    Hillary Mandel, SVP, North America, IMG Media, said: “IMG and Serie A are delighted to have ESPN as our media partner in the US. This was an extremely competitive process with multiple networks and platforms interested in the rights. Serie A TIM is a premium global football league which is seeing large investment and ambition from the clubs, resulting in players such as Cristiano Ronaldo joining an already strong list of some of the best footballers in the world. It was important for us to find a broadcaster who understood the vision and passion we share to elevate the profile of Serie A TIM to both existing and new fans of Italian football in the US. In ESPN+ and the ESPN networks we have that exclusive partner.”


    Bottom Line

    We earn no extra revenue from this I think, unless there are variable components. Ex: if rights are re-sold beyond a threshold, Serie A teams get a cut.

    From October 2017:
    IMG, the global sports, marketing and media company has acquired the Serie A international TV rights for Italy’s top flight league for €371 million per season.
    The deal, which covers the 2018-19, 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons nearly doubles the value of the previous deal with MP & Silva who held the rights since 2004.

    Interestingly, although MP & Silva reportedly offered more money than IMG, the assembly of clubs decided to change course and go in a new direction. This is a strategic change whereby it is not automatically the highest offer that wins. Other qualitative factors were looked at and perhaps IMG’s vision of how to promote and grow the Serie A brand was more compelling

    IMG, as the international rights holder, will now proceed to resell the rights to various broadcasters throughout the world. This will take place in the coming weeks as the broadcasters prepare themselves for the 2018-19 season.
    It will be interesting to see if IMG will stick with the status quo with beIN Sports, or go in a different direction.

    --------------------------------------------------
    Then from the Release...
    Hillary Mandel, SVP, North America, IMG Media, said: “IMG and Serie A are delighted to have ESPN as our media partner in the US. This was an extremely competitive process with multiple networks and platforms interested in the rights. Serie A TIM is a premium global football league which is seeing large investment and ambition from the clubs, resulting in players such as Cristiano Ronaldo joining an already strong list of some of the best footballers in the world. It was important for us to find a broadcaster who understood the vision and passion we share to elevate the profile of Serie A TIM to both existing and new fans of Italian football in the US. In ESPN+ and the ESPN networks we have that exclusive partner.”

    CONCLUSION

    Essentially when happened was: historically MP & Silva had the rights to re-sell Serie A since 2004, they would be sold to the highest bidder, which was most recently BeinSports. Bein sports buried Serie A below La Liga. Juventus was never shown. Getafe & Barcelona would be shown over Inter and Juventus.

    So essentially, when these rights came up: Serie A went with IMG to sell International Rights. IMG then sold it to a distributor who would actually grow the property rather than bury it - ESPN.

    While it doesn't give us any direct revenue growth (I don't believe), it is key to grow the brand.


    - - - Updated - - -

  13. #1433
    Juventuz regular pavluska's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,954
    Cash
    2,640
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by italiacalcio10 View Post
    I posted something a couple of pages ago:
    This is the original release:

    Cristiano Ronaldo will make Serie A TIM debut with Juventus vs. Chievo, Aug. 18 on ESPN+
    Serie A TIM Match of the Week to air in English and Spanish on ESPN Networks
    ESPN and ESPN+ have reached an exclusive, multi-year rights agreement in the United States for Italy’s Serie A TIM, one of the world’s top soccer leagues. The agreement will bring more than 340 matches per season to ESPN+, the new multi-sport, direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service from The Walt Disney Company Direct-to-Consumer & International (DTCI) segment and ESPN.

    Starting this month, ESPN+ will carry an average of nine matches live each week from August through May, while ESPN networks will televise a Serie A TIM Match of the Week — close to 40 matches per season. Most telecasts will air on ESPN and ESPN2, and the Match of the Week will also be available in Spanish on ESPN Deportes. The 20-team Serie A TIM is home to some of global football’s most recognizable and storied clubs, including Juventus FC, AC Milan, AS Roma, FC Inter Milan and more.

    Coverage of Serie A TIM will also feature year-round news and highlights content across ESPN platforms. Additionally, ESPN+ will exclusively feature one-hour season preview and review programs, a weekly preview and highlight shows and a Serie A TIM goals of the week program.

    “We are extremely satisfied with the agreement, which testifies the growing importance and the international recognition of our league,” said Gaetano Miccichè, Lega Serie A President. “This agreement, together with those recently concluded, shows the value of both Serie A TIM and its champions, which will be appreciated by more than 90 million soccer fans and enthusiasts in the U.S. in the next years”.

    Added Burke Magnus, Executive Vice President, Programming and Scheduling, ESPN, “The addition of Italy’s Serie A TIM underscores our ambitious goal of making ESPN+ home to the world’s best soccer leagues – and an indispensable destination for fans of the sport in the United States. With Ronaldo’s arrival to Serie A TIM, we anticipate even more interest and exposure for this property in the seasons ahead.”

    Hillary Mandel, SVP, North America, IMG Media, said: “IMG and Serie A are delighted to have ESPN as our media partner in the US. This was an extremely competitive process with multiple networks and platforms interested in the rights. Serie A TIM is a premium global football league which is seeing large investment and ambition from the clubs, resulting in players such as Cristiano Ronaldo joining an already strong list of some of the best footballers in the world. It was important for us to find a broadcaster who understood the vision and passion we share to elevate the profile of Serie A TIM to both existing and new fans of Italian football in the US. In ESPN+ and the ESPN networks we have that exclusive partner.”


    Bottom Line

    We earn no extra revenue from this I think, unless there are variable components. Ex: if rights are re-sold beyond a threshold, Serie A teams get a cut.

    From October 2017:
    IMG, the global sports, marketing and media company has acquired the Serie A international TV rights for Italy’s top flight league for €371 million per season.
    The deal, which covers the 2018-19, 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons nearly doubles the value of the previous deal with MP & Silva who held the rights since 2004.

    Interestingly, although MP & Silva reportedly offered more money than IMG, the assembly of clubs decided to change course and go in a new direction. This is a strategic change whereby it is not automatically the highest offer that wins. Other qualitative factors were looked at and perhaps IMG’s vision of how to promote and grow the Serie A brand was more compelling

    IMG, as the international rights holder, will now proceed to resell the rights to various broadcasters throughout the world. This will take place in the coming weeks as the broadcasters prepare themselves for the 2018-19 season.
    It will be interesting to see if IMG will stick with the status quo with beIN Sports, or go in a different direction.

    --------------------------------------------------
    Then from the Release...
    Hillary Mandel, SVP, North America, IMG Media, said: “IMG and Serie A are delighted to have ESPN as our media partner in the US. This was an extremely competitive process with multiple networks and platforms interested in the rights. Serie A TIM is a premium global football league which is seeing large investment and ambition from the clubs, resulting in players such as Cristiano Ronaldo joining an already strong list of some of the best footballers in the world. It was important for us to find a broadcaster who understood the vision and passion we share to elevate the profile of Serie A TIM to both existing and new fans of Italian football in the US. In ESPN+ and the ESPN networks we have that exclusive partner.”

    CONCLUSION

    Essentially when happened was: historically MP & Silva had the rights to re-sell Serie A since 2004, they would be sold to the highest bidder, which was most recently BeinSports. Bein sports buried Serie A below La Liga. Juventus was never shown. Getafe & Barcelona would be shown over Inter and Juventus.

    So essentially, when these rights came up: Serie A went with IMG to sell International Rights. IMG then sold it to a distributor who would actually grow the property rather than bury it - ESPN.

    While it doesn't give us any direct revenue growth (I don't believe), it is key to grow the brand.


    - - - Updated - - -
    Thanks, must spread rep.

    One of beIN's commentators (Bonetti) will be missed, the only comm who knows anything about Serie A.

    Other than that, this is amazing.

    Will have to turn it off at half time when Craig Burly and Moreno come on.

  14. #1434
    Juventuz star italiacalcio10's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,774
    Cash
    6,596
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pavluska View Post
    Thanks, must spread rep.

    One of beIN's commentators (Bonetti) will be missed, the only comm who knows anything about Serie A.

    Other than that, this is amazing.

    Will have to turn it off at half time when Craig Burly and Moreno come on.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see him picked up by ESPN or something. They'll want an expert, and Bonetti won't add much to BeIN doing commentary on secondary La Liga games, Ligue 1 games or the Turkish Super Liga.

  15. #1435
    Juventuz regular pavluska's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,954
    Cash
    2,640
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Btw, Sky Italia's CL lineup:



    Goddamn. Wish this were in English. Someone needs to translate and upload on YT.

  16. #1436
    Robocop suligodsilla's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    کوی خرابات
    Posts
    1,939
    Cash
    2,401
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pavluska View Post
    Btw, Sky Italia's CL lineup:



    Goddamn. Wish this were in English. Someone needs to translate and upload on YT.
    YP
    "Except for the group of dregs drinkers no-one else in the tavern has their wits about them!"- مرحوم استاد رحيم بخش

  17. #1437
    起死回生 JuveJay's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The wrong dimension
    Posts
    56,405
    Cash
    53,924
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Linked to him last year.
    Atalanta with Gasp seem to make their players shine. Let's see how they do with other clubs...
    Wouldn't be surprised to see us throw a load of money down in January to sign him before others move.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

  18. #1438
    Forza Juventus Powis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    6,281
    Cash
    3,129
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Back to 2012



    There are reports Napoli demanded the FIGC perform checks on the Juventus Stadium to ensure there were no ‘secret tunnels’ Antonio Conte could go through.

    It is claimed in today’s papers that Napoli staff requested the investigation into the arena ahead of last night’s 2-0 result.

    Conte has been suspended all season so far due to the betting scandal, so must watch games from the stands even though he can train the side regularly during the week.

    Conte is visible during the match behind a Plexiglas screen in the VIP box at the Juventus Stadium, but Napoli insisted on checks to ensure there were no ‘secret tunnels’ allowing him to access the locker room at half-time.

    It is reported Juve were irritated by the request, further damaging the already tense rapport between these clubs.

    Juventus also lodged a complaint after Napoli fans vandalised the bathrooms and tunnels around the away area of the stadium, purposely flooding the toilets, smashing pipes, sinks and doors.
    Until I Die

  19. #1439
    Juventuz champion Amer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    6,641
    Cash
    9,561
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Is that the year Mazzari invented the 352? Lul.

  20. #1440
    Juventuz champion

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    9,374
    Cash
    14,207
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Roma want Thauvin
    I watched for a few years now and if they take him the get a massive upgrade to their team!
    I see them selling him 2 season later for 2 or 3 times what they pay for him

Similar Threads

  1. [Serie A] Fiorentina 0-2 JUVENTUS [February 9th 2018]
    By Hustini in forum Juventus Matches
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 13.02.2018, 17:35
  2. [Serie A] JUVENTUS 7-0 Sassuolo [February 4th 2018]
    By Hustini in forum Juventus Matches
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05.02.2018, 20:19
  3. [Serie A] Chievo 0-2 JUVENTUS [January27th 2018]
    By Hustini in forum Juventus Matches
    Replies: 237
    Last Post: 31.01.2018, 12:29
  4. [Serie A]JUVENTUS 1-0 Genoa [January 22nd 2018]
    By Hustini in forum Juventus Matches
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 24.01.2018, 09:51
  5. [Serie A] Cagliari 0-1 JUVENTUS [January 6th 2018]
    By Hustini in forum Juventus Matches
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 12.01.2018, 02:37

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •