Mattia Perin - GK - Genoa - Transfer discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1476 Post(s)

Mattia Perin - GK - Genoa

The best Italian keeper after Gigi for sure. Has actually enjoyed a very good season, has come back strongly after those two terrible injuries he suffered. But I think it’s a waste (for him) to come to a club where he won’t be the undisputed #1. I rate Woj higher for sure, but whatevs, for €20m that’s a pretty good deal tbh. He’s still only 25. I still think we’ll go for a Mirante or Consigli or someone similar.
    Last edited by Bianconero_Aus; 11.05.2018 at 23:30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

Cash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    good, woj needs some competition anyway

Juventuz regular

Cash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Hopefully he will remain injury free and he realises that opportunity to join juve doesn't come every day berardi messed up his career when he rejected juve

Cash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero_Aus View Post
    The best Italian keeper after Gigi for sure. Has actually enjoyed a very good season, has come back strongly after those two terrible injuries he suffered. But I think it’s a waste (for him) to come to a club where he won’t be the undisputed #1. I rate Woj higher for sure, but whatevs, for €20m that’s a pretty good deal tbh. He’s still only 25. I still think we’ll go for a Mirante or Consigli or someone similar.
    Who was better this season, him or Sirigu? Read somewhere Sirigu was the best Italian GK in Serie A.

Cash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Good signing. After a legend like Buffon, what we need is high competition for his place.

Cash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I always liked Perin, he is very good and if he is cheap it's a good opportunity

Mirante probably makes more sense because he is homegrown but Perin is the better player and obvsly much younger.
    Forza Juventus Forza Azzurri

"Nobody cares.... Nobody cares.... Worry about yourself, your family, and the people that are important to you."

M.M. <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Would love to have two top quality keepers again but im not sure we should be spending 20mil on another keeper.

If only we could find a manninger or Storari again. Quality keeper to sit on the bench with a great attitude for cheap.

Of course way easier said than done. I would imagine Perin is not interested in coming here to play 2nd choice.

Primavera player

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Perin is a no brainer. Very good keeper.

Give him some minutes here and there and then straight swap with icardi next year.

Cash
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Save the money, bring back King Chimi
    ILLLLLL TRICOLOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICOLOOOOOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICCCOOOOLLLOOOOOORRRRRRRRR

It's not Just a stadium - It's our Home. It's not just a kit - It's our Skin. We're not only Eleven - We're Millions. We're not just a crowd - We're a family. It's not just 90 minutes - It's a lifetime. It's not just a passion - It's an emotion. It's not just a game - It's our life. Juventus is not just a club - It's a lifestyle!

M.M. <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    Why are we so cruel?

It's not fair to him or the Pole lol.

They are pretty close enough in age and level to leave constant question mark of their status even if Perin is signed to be 2nd goalie (the Pole is better, but not by much).

But yeah defenitely ambitious to go for this even if this guy has been super injury prone.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Maybe the idea is competition to force the best out of one of them to really earn that spot as heir to our greatest ever Goalkeeper? The Pole definitely deserves to be a starter here but when you add in the up and coming Perin it becomes survival of the fittest? Or maybe they just really want to give a chance to an Italian in the position?

Can think of many other reasons that this transfer would make sense.

Cash
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Juventus has reached an agreement with the agent of Perin. The Italian goalkeeper will earn €3m/yr + bonus. Juve can close the deal at €15m + bonus. (Rai)
    VERRATTI IS A FANTASY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE

Cash
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    For 15 mln it's a $#@!ing steal

Cash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Anyone opposed to this at 15m needs a brain check. Perin is the best Italian goalie behind Dollarumma.

Cash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopanja View Post
    For 15 mln it's a $#@!ing steal
    3m/year (which is basically ~6m for the club) tho

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Robee View Post
    Anyone opposed to this at 15m needs a brain check. Perin is the best Italian goalie behind Dollarumma.
    donnarumma isn't even in my top3 italian keeper. buffon, perin, sirigu, sorrentino are more reliable. donnarumma is a talent since his debut in serie a, and he failed to make the step up.

Cash
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s4tch View Post
    It might be a bit much for a second keeper (Woj earns a little less iirc), but it's ok money for a keeper of his level I think.

Cash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s4tch View Post

- - - Updated - - -

donnarumma isn't even in my top3 italian keeper. buffon, perin, sirigu, sorrentino are more reliable. donnarumma is a talent since his debut in serie a, and he failed to make the step up.
    He's still a talent, agreed and Sorrentino is probably the most reliable goalie in there but for age reasons I'm leaving him out of this. Sirigu is very mistake prone & Perin very injury prone at this point which makes Donnarumma the best choice for me at the moment. He didn't make any huge improvements over last season, agreed but he's still only 19 as well. I should've said 'best Italian talent' 'though. But his price and mentality rule him out for us.

Cash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    It seems like Perin fancies his chances against Szczęsny, otherwise he wouldn't come here. IMO Szczęsny should be the #1 but Perin on the bench? That's too good to be true. For 15m? Is Genoa desperate or what?!

Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1476 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    Juventus has reached an agreement with the agent of Perin. The Italian goalkeeper will earn €3m/yr + bonus. Juve can close the deal at €15m + bonus. (Rai)
    Good signing. Will be nice to have the best Italian ‘keeper after Gigi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

Cash
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    If the news are true that we signed him, I really hope that we inserted a clause in his contract to shave his neck beard.
    Ban Cronios

Cash
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidPLP View Post
    It seems like Perin fancies his chances against Szczęsny, otherwise he wouldn't come here. IMO Szczęsny should be the #1 but Perin on the bench? That's too good to be true. For 15m? Is Genoa desperate or what?!
    If Perin is brought in, I think Woj will be sold on. He came as a free agent and with Perin on board I don't see why we wouldn't offload Woj to generate some PLUSVALENZA.

I don't see us going into the 18/19-season with both Woj and Perin, I just don't.
    Dal paradiso all'inferno, Juve in eterno.