[CL] JUVENTUS 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur [February 13th 2018] - Juventus Matches - Juventuz Forums - Page 28

View Poll Results: vote

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Higuain

49 69.01%
  • Pjanic

5 7.04%
  • D. Costa

12 16.90%
  • Chiellini

5 7.04%
Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    we scored 2 early with that same 2 man midfield. we have to go on.

to drop that deep probably kills the attacking players confidence and only builds it up for tottenham when they can control and grow into the game for the next 35minutes.

Optimist Prime

Cash
    Mentioned
    2337 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juve123 View Post
    We are not defensively strong this season I hope luck is on our side for once in Wembley
    up until today we conceded 1 goal in like 15 games lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    4-3-3 at Wembley. Costa on the left instead of Mandzukic. Spurs offer no resistance against Costa on that side of the pitch.

Khedira never on the field. Play Sturaro until he picks up a yellow. At least he can cover space and pinch a ball once in 90 minutes.
    This.

Plus Aurier is suspended so I don't know if they can match DC's pace...they couldn't tonight.
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Don't be Diego 2.0 CrimsonianKing's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1789 Post(s)
    They played like they owned the place. They’re $#@!ing Tottenham, not Barcelona. You don’t allow your adversary to have that much possession.

Having said that at least this result will guarantee we play for the win in London.
    Tu sei la squadra del cuore sempre in campo undici eroi

Cash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badass Dybala View Post
    frankly speaking based on tonight's game i dont think 3 man mid would have made that much of a difference.

I'm getting fed up with allegri's love of khedira;
    manbro on the left wing;
    the great 10 mins attacking spell and lets sit back for the remaining 80;
    our lack of a plan B

I Know many here criticised me for what i saw against spurs in pre season but it was literally an identical performance to tonight, all the more pissed off as we were 2-0 up and playing at home.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Conte - Brought us back to the top of Italy
    Allegri - Bringing us to the top of Europe

Cash
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    I thought the performance was largely rubbish, even if Spurs are nothing to write about in defence and we could have been undeservedly a couple of goals up at several points.

Control of the game was lost in midfield. Matuidi is a shocking miss, even more so when Khedira is not even taking part in the game and Pjanic is going through a horrible spell using the ball. It obviously needed another man, Mandzukic played on one leg, and then Allegri swapped it like-for-like when Bentancur and Marchisio are on the bench....

I think basically we didn't have a clue what to do with the lead, and you could see Allegri was furious storming off down the tunnel again, so obviously the players didn't do what he asked. But he takes some blame here when the opponent has a gaping numerical advantage for 90 minutes.

Of course going with the 4-2-3-1 also meant that all four fit attackers had to play and we had no attacking subs left to chase the game, but you can't chase a game with no midfield possession anyway.

To top it off a horror mistake from Buffon. Absolute shocker of a performance all elements considered, but it's football and it happens. I just don't think we have the personnel fit and ready or key players in form to make a serious dent now, the timing of it all is very poor. It'd take a classic performance to go through from this point and the conditions are not there for it. But we're Juve and we'll see.

Getting really sick of Khedira, and I say that as a player who seems like a nice guy and has an awful lot of football intelligence. That's consecutive games I've seen him do a grand total of zero. He offers nothing when the play turns past him, his lack of athleticism is crippling. He hasn't even competed, we could stick a statue of Agnelli in midfield and it would win more balls. Alongside another non-athlete in Pjanic it's almost suicidal in a two-man midfield.

$#@!ING THANK YOUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's about $#@!ing time more actually opened their $#@!ing eyes to this than pretending to themselves that he's some sort of God send and saviour. He's not! khedira's performance only confirmed my prediction of how bad he would be tonight.... but but but he scored 3 against sassuolo and had an off day against fiorentina where completed 16! YES 16 passes in 90 mins without any tackles or interceptions...

2nd best midfielder my arse
    ILLLLLL TRICOLOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICOLOOOOOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICCCOOOOLLLOOOOOORRRRRRRRR

It's not Just a stadium - It's our Home. It's not just a kit - It's our Skin. We're not only Eleven - We're Millions. We're not just a crowd - We're a family. It's not just 90 minutes - It's a lifetime. It's not just a passion - It's an emotion. It's not just a game - It's our life. Juventus is not just a club - It's a lifestyle!

Juventuz regular

Cash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't know what the expectations were about champions league this season were but how does anyone expect us to do well when we weaken our side every summer and this will continue this summer we need to spend heavily this summer to have any chance of lifting ucl

Cash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    khedira is normally pretty useful in serie a games as he holds the ball pretty well and he's an accurate passer. also, he's our best mid when it comes to arriving in front of the goal.

the real issue with khedira is that he's like the invisible man when juve doesn't hold the ball. he won't track back, won't go into duels (which is a shame as he's a fairly big guy), won't tackle, and he's painfully slow.

we should absolutely buy at least one classy midfielder in the summer. that's marotta's first and most important homework. we've been missing one proper goal scoring, defending mid since vidal was sold.

Optimist Prime

Cash
    Mentioned
    2337 Post(s)
    Badass has been vindicated tonight
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    4-3-3 at Wembley. Costa on the left instead of Mandzukic. Spurs offer no resistance against Costa on that side of the pitch.

Khedira never on the field. Play Sturaro until he picks up a yellow. At least he can cover space and pinch a ball once in 90 minutes.
    Dybala needs to play at Wembley, no two ways around it

Juventuz regular

Cash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustini View Post
    up until today we conceded 1 goal in like 15 games lol

- - - Updated - - -

This.

Plus Aurier is suspended so I don't know if they can match DC's pace...they couldn't tonight.
    I was referring to UCL matches

Juventuz regular edgardavids2608's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike-e-y View Post
    So so so frustrating. Higuain should have had 4 in the first half, Mandzu should have scored his header. Berna could have scored. Yet we find ourselves drawing a game we were 2-0 after 10 mins. Why do we never go for the jugular?
    You mention all those chances that we had and then say we didnt go for it. We were fine we just didnt execute when we needed too. We had all the right chances at the right times in the game and didnt execute. We had every chance to not only win but to make the london trip only a formality. We didnt execute properly from Sandro holding Kane on to the free kick mistake. Dont count us out yet
    "I would say that I am having less sex now that I’m playing in Serie B – there is more to think about in this division.”

Cash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonianKing View Post
    They played like they owned the place. They’re $#@!ing Tottenham, not Barcelona. You don’t allow your adversary to have that much possession.

Having said that at least this result will guarantee we play for the win in London.
    lol we will play for a 0:0 and try long balls for the last 10 mins. This bitchass mentality will always kill us

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    A true Legend PAVEEEEEEEEEEEEL NEDVED

Optimist Prime

Cash
    Mentioned
    2337 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juve123 View Post
    I was referring to UCL matches
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Cash
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerval View Post
    Dybala needs to play at Wembley, no two ways around it
    Costa - Higuain - Dybala

Matuidi-Pjanic-marchisio

Sandro - chiellini - Benatia - De Sciglio
    ADP 10 290!
    3!5

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    risky formation but we could have been up 4 goals.
    Never sit back FFS.
    This,

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Man I'm depressed

Cash
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustini View Post
    I don't really disagree with anything except for the first sentence. 3 man mid would have a big difference and certainly would have not forced two slow $#@!ing CM's to do defensive work like that when they can't. I agree with the oher points.

Oh, our lack of plan B...well, Dybala, Matuidi and Cuadrado all say hi.

- - - Updated - - -

Those wonder games come against 10 man teams or lower table teams.
    If Dybala, matuidi and cuadrado were fit they would have been part of plan A, albeit cuadrado might have been on the bench instead of costa/bernie still wouldn't have changed much I don't think
    ILLLLLL TRICOLOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICOLOOOOOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICCCOOOOLLLOOOOOORRRRRRRRR

It's not Just a stadium - It's our Home. It's not just a kit - It's our Skin. We're not only Eleven - We're Millions. We're not just a crowd - We're a family. It's not just 90 minutes - It's a lifetime. It's not just a passion - It's an emotion. It's not just a game - It's our life. Juventus is not just a club - It's a lifestyle!

Cash
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali View Post
    Am just so sad for my son. He was so psyched after the first 2 goals. Told him to go to bed at half time as I knew this won't end well.
    Your son has a terrific father looking out for him like that

Optimist Prime

Cash
    Mentioned
    2337 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
    Costa - Higuain - Dybala

Matuidi-Pjanic-marchisio

Sandro - chiellini - Benatia - De Sciglio
    We can only hope we have them back and fit. Cuads would be nice too. We need to be able to attack from both sides which yes, that means one certain player needs to be benched.

Also, can't stress enough the need for a healthy Matuidi and Marchsio. Our build up play will be lightyears better and you won't se a 89 vs 297 pass differential
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Juventuz regular

Cash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Spurs have been great in Europe and it shows that we should not judge a team on basis of its domestic performance