[CL] JUVENTUS 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur [February 13th 2018] - Juventus Matches - Juventuz Forums - Page 43

View Poll Results: vote

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Higuain

49 69.01%
  • Pjanic

5 7.04%
  • D. Costa

12 16.90%
  • Chiellini

5 7.04%
Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well that was ... interesting.

Half-time in the tie and the scores are level. Slight advantage to Spurs with the away goals, but I don't think we'll start counting our chickens just yet.

How do you see the 2nd leg playing out - cautious 4-3-3/4-5-1 from Juve, packing the midfield, restricting passing lanes and looking for that 1-0 win that will take them through? Or a bit more pressing and attacking, going for the jugular?

Cash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Quazis View Post
    They were good at playing the till they wanted to reach our penalty area. The only real chance they got was the Kane's header. First goal was a counter after Khedira lost the ball on our own half and the second one was a set piece. I agree they were better than us yesterday but I don't think they can play better than yesterday whereas we can't play worse than yesterday. We had 6 players out injured and three of them you can say have cemented a place in starting 11, Matuidi, Dybala and Cuadrado. These players coming back gives us much more alternatives.

You don't see us attacking them? Mind you we wiped the floor with Bayern two years ago on their turf in the first half going 2:0 up. And Tottenham ain't Bayern, that's for sure. Saying that we have 5% chance of progressing is just a stupid thing to say. I agree Spurs are the favorites now but it's 60:40 at most.
    That away game against Tottenham is going to be backs up against the wall for 90 minutes

As soon as they score the first goal it's game over but the funny thing is they don't even need to score to go through so we will be forced to come out and play or risk going home

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dantes View Post

Half-time in the tie and the scores are level. Slight advantage to Spurs with the away goals, but I don't think we'll start counting our chickens just yet.

How do you see the 2nd leg playing out - cautious 4-3-3/4-5-1 from Juve, packing the midfield, restricting passing lanes and looking for that 1-0 win that will take them through? Or a bit more pressing and attacking, going for the jugular?
    I expect it to be the same as last night, Juve playing mostly on the back foot with Tottenham controlling the match

I don't think we can take too many risks as conceding early on will swing all the momentum towards Tottenham so we will probably be quite compact for the first 20-30 minutes

Cash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vialli_92 View Post
    That away game against Tottenham is going to be backs up against the wall for 90 minutes

As soon as they score the first goal it's game over but the funny thing is they don't even need to score to go through so we will be forced to come out and play or risk going home
    Against a wall? Everybody knows their defense is shaky. We scored two goals past them in 10 minutes, wasted a penalty plus Higuain and Bernardeschi had two chances from open play PLUS Mandzukic and Benatia had free headers going wide from corners.

Tottenham is not stupid and they know we will score past them if they will decide to only defend the result from the first game. Kinda as we did yesterday with our 2:0 lead lol. Also, we do not have to go out all attacking from the first minute. Any win will see us going through.

Cash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Quazis View Post
    Against a wall? Everybody knows their defense is shaky. We scored two goals past them in 10 minutes, wasted a penalty plus Higuain and Bernardeschi had two chances from open play PLUS Mandzukic and Benatia had free headers going wide from corners.

Tottenham is not stupid and they know we will score past them if they will decide to only defend the result from the first game. Kinda as we did yesterday with our 2:0 lead lol. Also, we do not have to go out all attacking from the first minute. Any win will see us going through.
    There is no way we are playing an open game against them in London that you can forget about

We are going to keep it at 0-0 for as long as possible while trying to sneak a goal

Cash
    Mentioned
    1416 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantes View Post

What does it matter what approach Juve take, we are out and you go through. Congratulations!
    Ban Cronios

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We are going to keep it at 0-0 for as long as possible while trying to sneak a goal
    If I'm Pochettino, that's exactly the picture I wouldn't want to see. The longer the game stays at 0-0 the more nervous our fans may get, and with 80k of them, that could transition to the pitch. All it takes is 1 goal then and we're gone. On the other hand, an open game from Juve would be suicide at Wembley.

Costa vs Trippier worries me a little.
    Last edited by Dantes; 14.02.2018 at 16:31.

Advanced Curveball Champion Helicopter Champion Top Basketball Champion Island Mini-Golf Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1417 Post(s)
    Juve pressing and attacking?

No, man. Just no.

We $#@!ed up last night and I don't think we can do $#@! there. We're out.

Cash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    With fans like these no wonder we always play negative. Nothing is decided yet. The job is much harder but doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advanced Curveball Champion Helicopter Champion Top Basketball Champion Island Mini-Golf Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1417 Post(s)
    Oh, that's why we $#@!ed up so many times.

Cash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    There is no way we are playing an open game against them in London that you can forget about

As I said, it would be stupid from us to go all attack from the first minute. We need to try to take control of the game and wait for them to make a mistake which will inevitably happen. If it's still 0:0 by 65th minute, we need to switch to 4-2-3-1 and get the goal.

Cash
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
    With fans like these no wonder we always play negative. Nothing is decided yet. The job is much harder but doable.

we had a similar task against bayern, and if it wasn't for evra's failed attempt to play the ball in the 92th minute or so, we could have made it. we also had a disallowed, perfectly fine goal iirc.

anyway, we would need cuadrado badly. he's our only clutch attacking player who's able to put some defensive work on the pitch and play a proper counter. 4-2-3-1, with matuidi-pjanic, no invisible khedira, cuadrado-dybala-costa behind higuain, and we're ready i guess.

Cash
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)

That's one way to look at it. Another perspective is the fans are negative because we play like this and it's frustrating to watch.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

Juventuz regular

Cash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Agree damned if you do, damned if you don't

Cash
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Sadly, I almost like our chances better with our backs to the wall at Wembley than walking in $#@!y with a lead -- given this group.
    "Imagine what Lou Reed could have achieved if he'd spent his twenties on Twitter."
    -- Peter Kaplan, former editor-in-chief of The New York Observer, on Twitter

Lara Chedraoui fanboy Buck Fuddy's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swag View Post
    Sadly, I almost like our chances better with our backs to the wall at Wembley than walking in $#@!y with a lead -- given this group.
    I was thinking the exact same thing last night.
    "Religion: the perfect excuse for bad behavior."

Days spent in Turin : 77
    Games watched in the stadium : 25

Cash
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post

No, man. Just no.

Lol. Go buy yourself a black and blue scarf, boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1417 Post(s)
    Savage mode.

Cash
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s4tch View Post
    @Hydde

i don't want to completely derail the higuain thread, so i'm asking you here: what would have been your preferred lineup?
    Our usual 433. Mandzukic or costa on the left, depending on what allegri needed. Higuain center and berna on the right. The importan thing was to have 3 mids. Thats were he went wrong and costed us. Since matuidi was not around, should have used 3 dudes who could carry the ball and battle on mid.

My picks would have been pjanic for sure, sice he is our most inform mid. Marchisio as regista if available and one from betancourt or sturaro depending on form and mentality. Khedira cant press so he is useless in our team.
    KHDownloads

Click the link please

Cash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

- - - Updated - - -

I expect it to be the same as last night, Juve playing mostly on the back foot with Tottenham controlling the match

I don't think we can take too many risks as conceding early on will swing all the momentum towards Tottenham so we will probably be quite compact for the first 20-30 minutes
    Why is it game over if Tottenham score? We will likely need to score to 2 goals to advance, possibly 3. Juve play their best football when they need goals, as we've seen all season long. This is typical Allegri hating BS you've posted here.

Cash
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post

No, man. Just no.

Juve will play for a 0 0 and we all know it. Its the logical thing to do from a coach book. And allegri will follow it. You can bet on it
    KHDownloads

Click the link please