[CL] JUVENTUS 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur [February 13th 2018] - Juventus Matches - Juventuz Forums - Page 29

View Poll Results: vote

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Higuain

49 69.01%
  • Pjanic

5 7.04%
  • D. Costa

12 16.90%
  • Chiellini

5 7.04%
Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Lane Bowling Champion Alien Bounce Champion Gold Miner Special Edition Champion Gold Strike Champion Zelda Champion
    Desert Hunter Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Showdown25 View Post
    we scored 2 early with that same 2 man midfield. we have to go on.
    We did have 4 attackers, so no wonder we scored 2 and should have scored 2 more. But this came at the expense of completely losing the midfield and putting our defense under tremendous pressure. Having two in midfield is not a problem per se, as much as the characteristics of those two particular players are.

And props to Tottenham. It's an insult to their midfield and attack to say that the 2:2 was because Juve were bad. Those guys play top football.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Don't focus on those one off chances we missed. Kane missed a sitter too.

The problem is the style in which we played, which would have allowed a team like Cagliari to tear us apart.
    They dominated possession but I can only recall that one header Kane missed.

But yes couldn’t agree more. At 2-0 up instead of keeping the ball and controlling the tempo of the game we retreated to our 451 defensive shape and allowed them to completely control the game. Can’t get away with that against quality opposition

Do you know da wae? Badass Dybala's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustini View Post
    Badass has been vindicated tonight
    man I'm telling you his performance tonight was arguably worse than his pre-season showing at wembley.

I wanted to seriously punch someone tonight he pissed me off that much tonight
    ILLLLLL TRICOLOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICOLOOOOOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICCCOOOOLLLOOOOOORRRRRRRRR

It's not Just a stadium - It's our Home. It's not just a kit - It's our Skin. We're not only Eleven - We're Millions. We're not just a crowd - We're a family. It's not just 90 minutes - It's a lifetime. It's not just a passion - It's an emotion. It's not just a game - It's our life. Juventus is not just a club - It's a lifestyle!

Cash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    I thought the performance was largely rubbish, even if Spurs are nothing to write about in defence and we could have been undeservedly a couple of goals up at several points.

Control of the game was lost in midfield. Matuidi is a shocking miss, even more so when Khedira is not even taking part in the game and Pjanic is going through a horrible spell using the ball. It obviously needed another man, Mandzukic played on one leg, and then Allegri swapped it like-for-like when Bentancur and Marchisio are on the bench....

I think basically we didn't have a clue what to do with the lead, and you could see Allegri was furious storming off down the tunnel again, so obviously the players didn't do what he asked. But he takes some blame here when the opponent has a gaping numerical advantage for 90 minutes.

Of course going with the 4-2-3-1 also meant that all four fit attackers had to play and we had no attacking subs left to chase the game, but you can't chase a game with no midfield possession anyway.

To top it off a horror mistake from Buffon. Absolute shocker of a performance all elements considered, but it's football and it happens. I just don't think we have the personnel fit and ready or key players in form to make a serious dent now, the timing of it all is very poor. It'd take a classic performance to go through from this point and the conditions are not there for it. But we're Juve and we'll see.

Getting really sick of Khedira, and I say that as a player who seems like a nice guy and has an awful lot of football intelligence. That's consecutive games I've seen him do a grand total of zero. He offers nothing when the play turns past him, his lack of athleticism is crippling. He hasn't even competed, we could stick a statue of Agnelli in midfield and it would win more balls. Alongside another non-athlete in Pjanic it's almost suicidal in a two-man midfield.
    I think this was key, and it was the worst possible choice against a young fit and full-of-running team like Tottenham. A 3 man MF with Bentancur would have been preferable. It would have also given us the option of Berna or Costa off the bench in the second. Hindsight is 20/20 but I think this was obvious even before the match.

Cash
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Gigi,Gigi I adore you,how can you concede like that?And the thing that pisses me off most is that they have a bigger possesion on our own turf and attacking us at 2-2!!!!!
    Higuain should never take that second penalty.$#@!ing desire for a hat trick.
    We have to be honest.Maybe we will svore or beat them at London and eliminate them ,but this year forget,forget big about anything about winning CL.No $#@!ing way.Doesn't matter if we eliminate this $#@!s.

Optimist Prime

Cash
    Mentioned
    2220 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badass Dybala View Post
    man I'm telling you his performance tonight was arguably worse than his pre-season showing at wembley.

I wanted to seriously punch someone tonight he pissed me off that much tonight
    I mean, I don't see many people saying you are wrong about him.

Every midfielder we have is simply better (even Sami) when there are 3 of them.
    2017/2018 - 31 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Cash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badass Dybala View Post
    $#@!ING THANK YOUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's about $#@!ing time more actually opened their $#@!ing eyes to this than pretending to themselves that he's some sort of God send and saviour. He's not! khedira's performance only confirmed my prediction of how bad he would be tonight.... but but but he scored 3 against sassuolo and had an off day against fiorentina where completed 16! YES 16 passes in 90 mins without any tackles or interceptions...

2nd best midfielder my arse
    I haven't seen anyone talking up Khedira on this forum?

Cash
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    I want to dig out that article where Khedira says he will do his best to win the CL for Buffon

I hate him

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't seen anyone talking up Khedira on this forum?
    @DAiDEViL @Kian @Bianconero_Aus

will be quiet for a while
    ILLLLLL TRICOLOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICOLOOOOOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICCCOOOOLLLOOOOOORRRRRRRRR

It's not Just a stadium - It's our Home. It's not just a kit - It's our Skin. We're not only Eleven - We're Millions. We're not just a crowd - We're a family. It's not just 90 minutes - It's a lifetime. It's not just a passion - It's an emotion. It's not just a game - It's our life. Juventus is not just a club - It's a lifestyle!

Cash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    As I feared our midfield was completely over run. With a completely different tactical approach and a full strength line up we could beat them next week but neither look likely to happen. In any case, Marchisio needs to play in a three man midfield next week.

Allegri has a complex about phases in games in which his teams both attack and defend, push high and stay deep. It never works against sides that actually have the technique to keep the ball off you. Just give them the chance to control the game and they will. It kills the players confidence to run without the ball for five, ten minutes at a time. But you can still hear it in Bernardeschi's post match:

“After going 2-0 up, we couldn’t possibly maintain that tempo" ... After ten minutes?
    COLLINGWOOD FC

Juventuz regular

Cash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ucl matches involves an element of luck which can be deciding factor between two teams

Cash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Although the loss against Real Madrid was hard to swallow, this result feels harder. I dunno, but its just the fact that we clearly had problems that we did not address. You warn and you warn, and when the calamity strikes its too late. Who are we kidding its over, EPL teams are known for their winning mentality and there is no chance of beating them with our central midfield players. We'll be lucky to get a draw in the away leg.

Cash
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kian View Post
    Ahh I see.. you are one of those stupid haters in the khedira threat who actually know nothing about football but bash him at every chance they get. But when he obviously play well you say nothing. Just Tuz things. Bye hater

Talking about a friendly.. hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

WHERE U AT???? SHOW YOURSELF!

Cash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juve123 View Post
    Ucl matches involves an element of luck which can be deciding factor between two teams
    Luck was irrelevant today. Cowardice was the main factor.

Lane Bowling Champion Alien Bounce Champion Gold Miner Special Edition Champion Gold Strike Champion Zelda Champion
    Desert Hunter Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenz View Post
    As I feared our midfield was completely over run. With a completely different tactical approach and a full strength line up we could beat them next week but neither look likely to happen. In any case, Marchisio needs to play in a three man midfield next week.

Allegri has a complex about phases in games in which his teams both attack and defend, push high and stay deep. It never works against sides that actually have the technique to keep the ball off you. Just give them the chance to control the game and they will. It kills the players confidence to run without the ball for five, ten minutes at a time.
    We don't play them next week. The 2nd leg is in 22 days.

Cash
    Mentioned
    716 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenz View Post

Allegri has a complex about phases in games in which his teams both attack and defend, push high and stay deep. It never works against sides that actually have the technique to keep the ball off you. Just give them the chance to control the game and they will. It kills the players confidence to run without the ball for five, ten minutes at a time.
    We play in March thankfully
    ADP 10 290!
    3!5

Cash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKAC View Post
    Gigi,Gigi I adore you,how can you concede like that?And the thing that pisses me off most is that they have a bigger possesion on our own turf and attacking us at 2-2!!!!!
    Higuain should never take that second penalty.$#@!ing desire for a hat trick.
    We have to be honest.Maybe we will svore or beat them at London and eliminate them ,but this year forget,forget big about anything about winning CL.No $#@!ing way.Doesn't matter if we eliminate this $#@!s.

No chance at beating Tottenham in London, its over move on.

Cash
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
    We play in March thankfully
    Makes no difference, Allegri hasn't learnt lessons from last season or the one before that still

Optimist Prime

Cash
    Mentioned
    2220 Post(s)
    Torino
    Atalanta
    Atalanta (Coppa)
    Lazio
    Tottenham

We have a nightmare 22 days though until we play them again
    2017/2018 - 31 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Don't be Diego 2.0 CrimsonianKing's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1769 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mondo1 View Post
    lol we will play for a 0:0 and try long balls for the last 10 mins. This bitchass mentality will always kill us

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Something tells me we won’t play with that pussy mentality. Euromaxx will make it right.
    Tu sei la squadra del cuore sempre in campo undici eroi

Juventuz regular

Cash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Luck was irrelevant today. Cowardice was the main factor.
    Why not we could have scored four goals in the first half but unfortunately higuain missed both of them