Summer Mercato Thread 2018 - Transfer discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 1037
Page 1037 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 375379379871027103510361037103810391047 ... LastLast
Results 20,721 to 20,740 of 21454
  1. #20721
    Juventuz regular Kopanja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Kharkiv, UA
    Posts
    2,273
    Cash
    5,127
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    You can put any half decent defensive midfielder next to Pogba this tournament and Pogba will still play well. He's the one French player who has risen to the occasion imo. It's very unfortunate for him that he has become a laughing stock at United, but he deserves nothing but praise for his tournament.
    I never said that Paul doesn't deserve praise, he was indeed great. And tbh I don't think he is a laughing stock even in mu, yeah he has some diva in him and stuff. But even in this boring and ugly MU he was the best player when healthy.
    That aside. Kante is simply amazing, and I think replacing him with any half decent DM would harm France much more then replacing Paul with half decent CM a-la Henderson.

  2. #20722
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,633
    Cash
    29,482
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GiocataGrande View Post
    this isn't going anywhere. De gustibus not est disputandum comes to mind.
    It's not going anywhere because a lot of people insist on players such as Makelele and Kante always being the most important. And they are important. But they don't create chances. And you need chances to win. Pogba doesn't just defend extremely well, he's also creating those chances to win. So if you're giving me the choice, I'd much rather have Pogba.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

    He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

  3. #20723
    Sangue Blu GiocataGrande's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
    Posts
    1,534
    Cash
    3,805
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    It's not going anywhere because a lot of people insist on players such as Makelele and Kante always being the most important. And they are important. But they don't create chances. And you need chances to win. Pogba doesn't just defend extremely well, he's also creating those chances to win. So if you're giving me the choice, I'd much rather have Pogba.
    Fair enough. I really don't agree at all, but hey that's life
    "Vincere non e' importante. E' l'unica cosa che conta”

  4. #20724
    Juventuz Legend Jethro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,134
    Cash
    1,383
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellas View Post
    So cheap? Has he been so bad?
    Pep brought him here.

  5. #20725
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,633
    Cash
    29,482
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopanja View Post
    I never said that Paul doesn't deserve praise, he was indeed great. And tbh I don't think he is a laughing stock even in mu, yeah he has some diva in him and stuff. But even in this boring and ugly MU he was the best player when healthy.
    That aside. Kante is simply amazing, and I think replacing him with any half decent DM would harm France much more then replacing Paul with half decent CM a-la Henderson.
    I don't, just because Pogba has actually taken up his defensive duties as well. To me it's kind of like saying Iniesta's the bigger player than Messi. People often like to say such things, because it sounds as if they're saying something really deep and intelligent and understand the game on a deeper level, because they're not going for the flashy player. But there's a reason the flashy player is flashy. It's because he has that touch no one else has that makes the difference.

    Deschamps and I will probably disagree on most things, but I am confident he will always defend Pogba.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by GiocataGrande View Post
    Fair enough. I really don't agree at all, but hey that's life
    Juventus have gone my way in recent years by the way, opting for much more versatile midfielders than Kante. So have Madrid and Barcelona. Doesn't mean it's the best way to go, just an observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

    He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

  6. #20726
    Juventuz champion Albo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kosovë
    Posts
    9,555
    Cash
    7,213
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wittl View Post
    Same insider who called Ronaldo transfer on italian forum tifosibianconeri.

    But there are two of them insiders, both announced Ronaldo deep in June, and now one of them says we're going for Pogba and the other one says we try again for Milinkovic-Savic.

      Spoiler:
    And I say, we'll end up with Rabiot.
    That’s like choosing between Ferrari and Lambo .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    290



    Sorry for my English

  7. #20727
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    30,221
    Cash
    54,174
    Mentioned
    1944 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post



    Make it happen
    Gtfo
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  8. #20728
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37,882
    Cash
    1,369,424
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    @zizinho, Lemina > Kante eh?
    offensively, yeah
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sell H16UAIN!!!

  9. #20729
    Juventuz Legend Jethro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,134
    Cash
    1,383
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    Gtfo
    Would you rather love to have him or Vida in your squad?

  10. #20730
    Juventuz regular Kopanja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Kharkiv, UA
    Posts
    2,273
    Cash
    5,127
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    I don't, just because Pogba has actually taken up his defensive duties as well. To me it's kind of like saying Iniesta's the bigger player than Messi.
    Woah, that's not fair. Arguing who is more critical Kante or Pogba is ok in my book, but the bolded part is too hipstery even for me.
    I don't disagree with you about Pogba assessment, btw. But I do think Kante is irreplaceable while Paul not. Let's stop here, I've played a pure DM for 8 years growing as a kid, so I might overzealous discussing Kante and the like.

  11. #20731
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    30,221
    Cash
    54,174
    Mentioned
    1944 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    Would you rather love to have him or Vida in your squad?
    Vida of course.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  12. #20732
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,633
    Cash
    29,482
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopanja View Post
    Woah, that's not fair. Arguing who is more critical Kante or Pogba is ok in my book, but the bolded part is too hipstery even for me.
    I don't disagree with you about Pogba assessment, btw. But I do think Kante is irreplaceable while Paul not. Let's stop here, I've played a pure DM for 8 years growing as a kid, so I might overzealous discussing Kante and the like.

    It's always difficult to assess a player's importance. There's no denying that Kante is fundamental to the way France play. The only reason I see Pogba as more important is that he's the starting point of almost all their attacks. But you could just as easily argue that without Kante, Pogba would drown in midfield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

    He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

  13. #20733
    Juventuz Legend Jethro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,134
    Cash
    1,383
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    Vida of course.

  14. #20734
    Koul Khara! Osman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Uppsala
    Posts
    47,200
    Cash
    76,360
    Mentioned
    1835 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    offensively, yeah
    Dont make me dig up posts @Fred


    http://www.juventuz.com/threads/4221...=1#post5367758


    http://www.juventuz.com/threads/4221...=1#post5315166



    Will be better then Kante indeed This you said even after Kante winning player of the season.



    http://www.juventuz.com/threads/4221...=1#post5314956


    Moussa Sissoko also better then Kante
    Last edited by Osman; 12.07.2018 at 18:03.
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus


    "Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

  15. #20735
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,633
    Cash
    29,482
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    Dont make me dig up posts @Fred


    http://www.juventuz.com/threads/4221...=1#post5367758


    http://www.juventuz.com/threads/4221...=1#post5315166



    Will be better then Kante indeed This you said even after Kante winning player of the season.

    Lemina had so much $#@!ing potential though. I really thought he was going to be big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

    He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

  16. #20736
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37,882
    Cash
    1,369,424
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    I don't, just because Pogba has actually taken up his defensive duties as well. To me it's kind of like saying Iniesta's the bigger player than Messi. People often like to say such things, because it sounds as if they're saying something really deep and intelligent and understand the game on a deeper level, because they're not going for the flashy player. But there's a reason the flashy player is flashy. It's because he has that touch no one else has that makes the difference.

    Deschamps and I will probably disagree on most things, but I am confident he will always defend Pogba.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Juventus have gone my way in recent years by the way, opting for much more versatile midfielders than Kante. So have Madrid and Barcelona. Doesn't mean it's the best way to go, just an observation.
    all of their midfielders have stepped up defensively, not just Kante

    Pogba 1.8 tackles 0.8 interceptions 2.2 clearances 3.8 aerials won
    Kante 2.3 tackles 3.2 interceptions 1.7 clearances 0.5 aerials won
    Blaise 2.8 tackles 1.8 interceptions 0.5 clearances 1.3 aerials won

    but Pogba adds that bonus of being their main playmaker, carrying the offensive side of the midfield. i dont think their results would have been much different with Nzonzi as the deepest mid for example, or even Rabiot for that matter. they did bench Kante and went all the way to the final 2 years ago, with Pogba occupying that DM role. that tells you something about the quality and depth of this France team
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sell H16UAIN!!!

  17. #20737
    Koul Khara! Osman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Uppsala
    Posts
    47,200
    Cash
    76,360
    Mentioned
    1835 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Lemina had so much $#@!ing potential though. I really thought he was going to be big.
    I liked Lemina (generally like physical b2b all around mids like that), but he was never close to that level of player.
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus


    "Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

  18. #20738
    Juventuz star Valerio.'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,251
    Cash
    7,702
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    guys Marcelo and Pogba is Exor going all in or what?

  19. #20739
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    34,633
    Cash
    29,482
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    all of their midfielders have stepped up defensively, not just Kante

    Pogba 1.8 tackles 0.8 interceptions 2.2 clearances 3.8 aerials won
    Kante 2.3 tackles 3.2 interceptions 1.7 clearances 0.5 aerials won
    Blaise 2.8 tackles 1.8 interceptions 0.5 clearances 1.3 aerials won

    but Pogba adds that bonus of being their main playmaker, carrying the offensive side of the midfield. i dont think their results would have been much different with Nzonzi as the deepest mid for example, or even Rabiot for that matter. they did bench Kante and went all the way to the final 2 years ago, with Pogba occupying that DM role. that tells you something about the quality and depth of this France team

    Yep. If anything I think most people have vastly underrated Pogba's importance this tournament.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    I liked Lemina (generally like physical b2b all around mids like that), but he was never close to that level of player.
    Yet, I believed. He's still only 24 so when he was with us he was 22.

    As for physical b2b all around midfielders... Man, Juve's management cannot get enough of those. It's one of the reasons why I believe we'd never go for Kante.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

    He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

  20. #20740
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37,882
    Cash
    1,369,424
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    Dont make me dig up posts @Fred


    http://www.juventuz.com/threads/4221...=1#post5367758


    http://www.juventuz.com/threads/4221...=1#post5315166



    Will be better then Kante indeed This you said even after Kante winning player of the season.



    http://www.juventuz.com/threads/4221...=1#post5314956


    Moussa Sissoko also better then Kante
    where was Kante at age 22? without googling it. Lemina was excellent for (wherever we sold him) before his injury, hes a better offensive player already, once he gets that experience and tactical awareness that his position requires, i wont exclude him surpassing Kante. and we all saw that "player of the season" exposed at last Euro, so dont give me that
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sell H16UAIN!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Winter Mercato Thread 2018
    By JuveJay in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 4018
    Last Post: 02.02.2018, 02:36
  2. Summer mercato thread 2017-18
    By Mark in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 20490
    Last Post: 31.08.2017, 23:16
  3. Endless Summer Mercato 2016
    By JuveJay in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 23846
    Last Post: 01.09.2016, 02:37
  4. Summer mercato 2015
    By Mark in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 23023
    Last Post: 31.08.2015, 12:29
  5. Last day of summer mercato - LIVE
    By Mark in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 918
    Last Post: 02.09.2013, 23:37

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •