Summer Mercato Thread 2018 - Transfer discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 91
Page 91 of 607 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 12140
    Juventuz bench

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaz View Post

Is he performing consistent as one of Bologna's best players? How good is he when he is at his best? Capable of starting in a club like Juve?
    Imo: Yes by far. Game changer. No.

We have Cuadrado, Costa, Bernardeschi and Dybala in the trequarti. I don't think we will be signing anyone that's going to start for this Juve in this role. He is very clearly Bologna's best player and runs their offense. Since he is ambidextrous, fast and skillful he would be the perfect player during our routine injury crisis and as a supersub. In the winter he rejected Napoli because of loyalty and continuity with Bologna, he wanted to pay them back and finish the season there. So I think he might not want to come to be a sub of a sub. He can be a starter next season for most Serie A clubs..

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    616 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenz View Post
    You've got to say there's been a marked change in Pjanic since coming to Juve. He's probably our most consistent player and he now works three times as hard as he did at Roma.

I subscribe to what is probably just myth about Juve but it's something I really believe. Its culture imparts, maybe four times out of five, certain values to its players: mental courage, work ethic and self sacrifice. Players improve in a very unique way at Juve. Maybe a few pearls of wisdom from Dr. Buffon could turn him around. The kid is massively talented.
    Oh he's definitely a lot better, I think Juve instill that kind of mentality in players. However when things are tough I still think he's not a natural leader or mentally strong player and he doesn't grab a game in the way that someone like Pirlo would have done.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvellino View Post
    Torreira, Pellegrini and Can for 50m total before wages
    Honestly I`d pass on Pellegrini.. Yeah I know 25M is a good deal but we need to improve on what we have and I dont see Pellegrini bringing anything special.. I rather see us save the money..
    Torreira - Although I think he is overrated by this forum he remains a very good player and for 25M we should definitely get him.. (and sell Sturaro who has no clue of how to play football)
    Can for free is a no brainer.. Can is a 40M worth of player and I might even underrate him by saying that.. He is definitely a rotation material and for free you cant ask for a better deal than that..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by italiacalcio10 View Post
    Anyone following Simone Verdi? Could he be a substitute option. Seems like the type of player with a lot of untapped potential. Sure, he is 25, but he's really shown improvements over the last 2 years.

Quick Talent Analysis
    -crafty winger/attacking midfielder
    -fast/ agile
    -completely proficient with 2 feet, and scored FK with both feet
    -very strong dribbling ability - with a ton of Flare (his nickname throughout his career is Verdinho)
    -Appears to be decent playmaker

My questions:
    -Can he improve enough to be a Juventus regular
    -Is he intelligent enough to play for Juventus
    -He is small, is that a problem? (5'7, so not Giovinco)
    -Is his football IQ high enough?

Either way, his versatility is interesting to say the least.
    Verdi is a good player but getting players like him is similar to what we did in the past and I think its time to level up..
    Is he good enough for Juve?! No! He is more a Fiorentina kind of player

Juventuz regular italiacalcio10's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I would take Lucas Torreira for €25m in a hearbeart. Looks so talented as a ball winning pitbull with an eye for the pass. A true beast just like Vidal or Tevez. We need this in our midfield!

- - - Updated - - -

Is he performing consistent as one of Bologna's best players? How good is he when he is at his best? Capable of starting in a club like Juve?
    Yeah, I've read that he carries their offense.

Cash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigiventus View Post
    Imo: Yes by far. Game changer. No.
    Annnnnnd stop right there. Not Juventus material. Jesus lads lets aim a little higher.
    Described by many vets of Juventuz.org as one of the most knowledgeable, insightful and interesting members of the community, I first arrived to these forums in 2003 to much acclaim. Although quieter in recent years my posts have been accredited as being the lifeblood of juventuz.org. I hope to continue to drive the discussion on this forum forward. I am always happy to impart knowledge

Juventuz bench

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JUVESUPPORTER View Post
    Annnnnnd stop right there. Not Juventus material. Jesus lads lets aim a little higher.
    Jesus what is with the reading comprehension? Maybe read more in general instead of always stopping.

He asked:
    Capable of starting in a club like Juve?
    and the answer was: No.

Cash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigiventus View Post
    Jesus what is with the reading comprehension? Maybe read more in general instead of always stopping.

He asked:
    Capable of starting in a club like Juve?
    and the answer was: No.
    Whats the point. I want a competitive bench. A bench that week in week out is competitively fighting to be a starter. I don't want mediocre players taking up our roster. Have some ambition.
    Described by many vets of Juventuz.org as one of the most knowledgeable, insightful and interesting members of the community, I first arrived to these forums in 2003 to much acclaim. Although quieter in recent years my posts have been accredited as being the lifeblood of juventuz.org. I hope to continue to drive the discussion on this forum forward. I am always happy to impart knowledge

Cash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Can for free, Pellegrini for 28 (FM says that's his release clause) and buy Barella and send him back on loan to Cagliari.

Then splash everything else we have on RB. I'd kill for Azpilicueta, that dude is a warrior, great player, leader, great character. I've watched many interviews on YT with Chelsea players and every single one said he's the leader, highest character, best teammate etc. I know he hasn't played RB a lot recently, but I think he's a tank still and would have no problem playing his first position again.

That with arrival of Pjaca, Caldara and Spinazzola would complete our team IMO.

GK: Buffon??, Woj, Audero, Pinsoglio
    CB: Chiellini, Benatia, Barzagli, Rugani, Caldara
    RB: Azpi, MDS
    LB: Sandro, Spina
    CM: Pjanić, Can, Pellegrini, Matuidi, Bentancur, Marchisio
    RW/LW/ST: Cuadrado, Costa, Berna, Pjaca, Mandžukić, Dybala, Higuain

No weakness, fresh and young blood in the club, tons of positional versatility - music for Max's ears...

Juventuz bench

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JUVESUPPORTER View Post
    Whats the point. I want a competitive bench. A bench that week in week out is competitively fighting to be a starter. I don't want mediocre players taking up our roster. Have some ambition.
    That's what our 6 forwards are for. Any other player won't get many minutes, its why Pjaca was loaned in the first place. No one with the quality to compete with Dybala or Higuain will come to be 7th choice. Have some realistic expectations.

Cash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IlCapitano View Post
    Can for free, Pellegrini for 28 (FM says that's his release clause) and buy Barella and send him back on loan to Cagliari.

Then splash everything else we have on RB. I'd kill for Azpilicueta, that dude is a warrior, great player, leader, great character. I've watched many interviews on YT with Chelsea players and every single one said he's the leader, highest character, best teammate etc. I know he hasn't played RB a lot recently, but I think he's a tank still and would have no problem playing his first position again.

That with arrival of Pjaca, Caldara and Spinazzola would complete our team IMO.

GK: Buffon??, Woj, Audero, Pinsoglio
    CB: Chiellini, Benatia, Barzagli, Rugani, Caldara
    RB: Azpi, MDS
    LB: Sandro, Spina
    CM: Pjanić, Can, Pellegrini, Matuidi, Bentancur, Marchisio
    RW/LW/ST: Cuadrado, Costa, Berna, Pjaca, Mandžukić, Dybala, Higuain

No weakness, fresh and young blood in the club, tons of positional versatility - music for Max's ears...
    Is Azpilicueta on the market? Or is he simply a player you adore? It would be a match made in heaven but to take a fundamental player away from Chelsea is utopia?

Cash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is Azpilicueta on the market? Or is he simply a player you adore? It would be a match made in heaven but to take a fundamental player away from Chelsea is utopia?
    I'm sure he isn't, but you never know, he might become if we call...

But I agree it's highly unlikely. If for nothing else then because we refused to sell Sandro to them last summer. But otoh considering he plays CB for them and they have bunch of them maybe they would consider selling him for like 50-60 mill...
    Last edited by IlCapitano; 13.03.2018 at 18:14.

Cash
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    If you suggest Simone Verdi, I suggest laying off the crack cocaine.
    Much Love, bitches!

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    616 Post(s)
    Azpilicueta looks like one of those hispanics who has really bought into the football in England and will probably be there into retirement age, a bit like Zabaleta.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Verdi is a Roma level player. We should be looking @ Eastern Europe and South America for young talents.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Steven N'zonzi against Manchester ... what a player .. we should have bought him

Cash
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    Verdi is a Roma level player. We should be looking @ Eastern Europe and South America for young talents.
    That's what Inter does.
    "Hell is for HEROES!"

Cash
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    How about Dembele?

World Boss

Cash
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    How about Dembele?
    Which one of the 7 or more Dembeles playing around Europe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

Juventuz regular

Cash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    N'zonzi why didn't we sign him

Cash
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juve123 View Post
    N'zonzi why didn't we sign him
    People were crying out for him to be dabdabs replacement but it never happened. Matuidi is good but I've always rated nzonzi above him. Maybe we will get it right in the summer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Conte - Brought us back to the top of Italy
    Allegri - Bringing us to the top of Europe