Summer Mercato Thread 2018 - Transfer discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 7
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Cash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Sorry bro, if you read my earlier post, you've crossed the line...I'm done trying to make sense of anything you say
    So you think that we should keep all 3 of them (Cuadrado, Costa, Berna) ?

Yes or no question.

M.M. <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedved96 View Post

Yes or no question.
    Absolutely all three are good wingers with versatility and a workrate that suits Allegris needs
    There is no god but Beppe and Euromaxx is his messenger

Cash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Absolutely all three are good wingers with versatility and a workrate that suits Allegris needs
    Good answer

But I believe that inevitably, at least one of them will want to leave. It will be almost impossible to keep all three happy.

That is unless we switch Costa permanently to the left.

Cash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    If Pjaca does well in his 6 months at Schalke, bring him back and sell Cuadrado.

Yes or no question.
    Let's assume that NO, ofc we shoudn't keep all of them if they would all fight for the same position, but why would you get rid of our most decisive and defensively efficient right-sided player?

Costa is versatile and will never be a fixed RW/RM, deppending on our opponents and style of play he will be deployed either on the left or on the right.

Maybe you are forgetting that Cuadrado is one of the key engines of this team, not only on the pitch but in the locker room aswell.

Cash
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    We wouldn't get him anyway.
    So Minime

Cash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    Maybe you are forgetting that Cuadrado is one of the key engines of this team, not only on the pitch but in the locker room aswell.
    This forums opinion on Cuadrado has surely changed. Almost everyone wanted him sold after the supercup against Lazio.

http://www.juventuz.com/threads/4168...adrado/page189

The hate for him then was unfair, but similarly the praise he gets these days is over the top. He can be a good player but he’s by no means a key player.

Ultimately, my opinion on Cuadrado hasn’t changed too much. He does some great stuff sometimes, but is annoyingly inconsistent, and horrendously bad on his off-days.

In an ideal world we keep as much of our attacking depth as possible, but that’s unrealistic. We will probably need to sell one of Cuadrado, Costa and Bernardeschi.

Out of the three, Cuadrado probably has the least to offer at this stage of his career. I will be sad to see him go, but it’s preferable over the alternative scenarios.

Cash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    This forums opinion on Cuadrado has surely changed. Almost everyone wanted him sold after the supercup against Lazio.

http://www.juventuz.com/threads/4168...adrado/page189

The hate for him then was unfair, but similarly the praise he gets these days is over the top. He can be a good player but heís by no means a key player.

Ultimately, my opinion on Cuadrado hasnít changed too much. He does some great stuff sometimes, but is annoyingly inconsistent, and horrendously bad on his off-days.

In an ideal world we keep as much of our attacking depth as possible, but thatís unrealistic. We will probably need to sell one of Cuadrado, Costa and Bernardeschi.

Out of the three, Cuadrado probably has the least to offer at this stage of his career. I will be sad to see him go, but itís preferable over the alternative scenarios.

If we'd all rate players by tuz's overall opinion we will get nowhere...

And YES, by all means Cuadrado is an key player in my opinion, opinion which is aswell shared by many other fellow tuzz'ers.

Tho, i'd rather not take this debate any further as there's no point stressing or arguing about it atm, in his case performances have always been the ones doing the talking for him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    http://calciomercato.com/en/news/juv...priority-43127

I hope this is some kind of sick joke. Darmian is a mediocre player who’s currently benched by Ashley Young. We need to avoid him at all costs. I’d much rather have Spinazzola.

Beppe needs to stop chasing every mediocre player who runs out of a contract. Emre Can I can at least understand, he has some potential, but Darmian?

Cash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    With Lichtsteiner and Asamoah likely leaving we need RB and LB depth. Darmian is cheap and likely low wages. He's average but that's all we need for a backup. Plus he can play both sides and so can De Sciglio and Spinazzola.
    Forza Juventus Forza Azzurri

"Nobody cares.... Nobody cares.... Worry about yourself, your family, and the people that are important to you."

Cash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    http://www.calciomercato.com/news/di...ende-i-s-83004

As mentioned in this article and what i pointed out earlier in our annual financial report, expect losses this year from Tv rights, 3 teams in CL and (not in the article) higher amortization

Hence, like the sales of the young players like lirola etc., expect some big sales this summer

Cash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Cash
    Mentioned
    716 Post(s)

As mentioned in this article and what i pointed out earlier in our annual financial report, expect losses this year from Tv rights, 3 teams in CL and (not in the article) higher amortization

Hence, like the sales of the young players like lirola etc., expect some big sales this summer
    I wouldn't look into it too much, this is a standard move that will look great on the books and will allow us to make more moves in the mercato
    Does that mean we won't sell a big player? That remains to be seen, do we have to? No, probably not
    ADP 10 290!
    3!5

Cash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
    Does that mean we won't sell a big player? That remains to be seen, do we have to? No, probably->definitely not
    Fixed.

Do we want to sell? Maybe or maybe not...

Cash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvellino View Post
    With Lichtsteiner and Asamoah likely leaving we need RB and LB depth. Darmian is cheap and likely low wages. He's average but that's all we need for a backup. Plus he can play both sides and so can De Sciglio and Spinazzola.
    But will he be signed as a backup or a starter long term?

We should be looking at Spinazzola / De Sciglio as backups and upgrade our starting fullbacks. Darmain is certainly not an upgrade.
    Del Piero 289
    Boniperti 182
    Bettega 178

Grazie Alex

Cash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boksic View Post
    But will he be signed as a backup or a starter long term?

We should be looking at Spinazzola / De Sciglio as backups and upgrade our starting fullbacks. Darmain is certainly not an upgrade.
    Well said, we need upgrades and not just depth improvement all over again.

Cash
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvellino View Post
    You're in for a nasty surprise when Dumbian is purchased, Sandro is sold, and Spinazolla returns back to base and Beppe says Mercato Chiuso. No more reinforcements needed because Dumbian and Zola's Spinach can rotate for the LB spot

- - - Updated - - -

That headline. Dumpian, the epitome of mediocrity, a $#@!ing priority. There are opportunities and there are provincial mentality acquisition or PMAs. Dumpian definitely falls into the latter category.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

Cash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I hope Sandro stays and Spinazzola plays on the right.
    Then we' need just 1lb.
    I know that Sandro situation is far from being a good one... but hope is last to die.
    Either he already has a huge offer from PSG-United or dunno why he is keen on leaving

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    Well said, we need upgrades and not just depth improvement all over again.
    Agree as well.
    First we should try to keep Sandro no matter what and then look for someone on the right having Spinazzola and De Sciglio as subs

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    599 Post(s)

The sale of youngsters is just a way around lack of co-ownerships now. Dry loans don't work enough to warrant them.

Profit or not there is always a chance a big player can ask to be sold here, and get his wish.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Juventino

Cash
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    http://calciomercato.com/en/news/juv...priority-43127

I hope this is some kind of sick joke. Darmian is a mediocre player who’s currently benched by Ashley Young. We need to avoid him at all costs. I’d much rather have Spinazzola.

Beppe needs to stop chasing every mediocre player who runs out of a contract. Emre Can I can at least understand, he has some potential, but Darmian?
    his contract is running out in 2019. they want 10 - 15 million
    It was destined to have this outcome, I never stopped believing.
    Thank you all, guys. Let's enjoy it, we've earned it hard.
    I was here, you were here. We were here. And we are here at last. We are back.

Alessandro

Cash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    We need to sell Khedira and break the bank on a class mezz'ala to adjunct Can. Can is a necessary addition but would make our midfield group look a little unbalanced (too defensive, I mean), Pjanic being the only real offensive-minded midfielder. We'll have to revert back to a three-man midfield at one time or other but a trio of Matuidi - Pjanic - Can lacks flair.

SMS would slot in perfectly but it ain't happening. I can't think of many other available midfielders.

Spinazzola and Caldara should come as a matter of course - Italians worthy of Juve who we already own. But I don't see Caldara succeeding Barzagli or Chiellini next season. He'll be fighting with Rugani to be Benatia's back up. The back up's back up. As long as Chiello and Barza are at the club they'll remain first choice. Same with Spinazzola. He might nudge Alex Sandro from his spot but otherwise he'll probably get as much game time as Asamoah does if he's unable to transform into a right-back. A waste of talent really.

Very much in favor of a young CF who can compete with Higuain. Or should that just be another role for Mandzukic?
    COLLINGWOOD FC