Summer Mercato Thread 2018 - Transfer discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 4
Page 4 of 1082 FirstFirst ... 2345614541045041004 ... LastLast

Cash
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    I don't know. Money isn't an issue for them. We could send him to United if Lukaku keeps sucking

Higuain will not move to China. I think if he misses our for Argentina, he's done. He's not going to have the mental toughness/fortitude to come back from that, and by the time the next world cup rolls around, he'll already be 34.

- - - Updated - - -

If the team is greater than any individual, Higuain should be the one to $#@! off.
    See? Nowehere to go. Stuck with him. Sell Dybala and get a hot young CF to compete with Piggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

Cash
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I don't know. Money isn't an issue for them. We could send him to United if Lukaku keeps sucking

Higuain will not move to China. I think if he misses our for Argentina, he's done. He's not going to have the mental toughness/fortitude to come back from that, and by the time the next world cup rolls around, he'll already be 34.

- - - Updated - - -

If the team is greater than any individual, Higuain should be the one to $#@! off.
    Well I should have said club not team... selling higuain will generate a capital loss for the club, whereas selling dybs will generate big profit which can be invested

Also he is a proven bomber over multiple seasons

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1946 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    See? Nowehere to go. Stuck with him. Sell Dybala and get a hot young CF to compete with Piggy
    That's just wrong. Imma -rep you.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    That's just wrong. Imma -rep you.
    Do it. I'll make your bar red.

No but what do you think we should do? (realistically)

Cash
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Well I should have said club not team... selling higuain will generate a capital loss for the club, whereas selling dybs will generate big profit which can be invested

Also he is a proven bomber over multiple seasons
    Selling Dybala is the wrong move long term. Sure, it makes sense in the short term, but long term it's absolutely stupid to sell your best player and most marketable asset. Also, knowing how Beppe operates in the market and seeing how he still hasn't properly replaced that dominant midfield we had 3 seasons ago, I'd rather keep our best player instead of selling and living to regret it. Selling Dybala means no Scudetto for at least 3 seasons, and we won't be making it past the CL QFs until 2021/2022. You can quote me on that.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

Cash
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Dybala our best player? When?

Cash
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Selling Dybala is the wrong move long term. Sure, it makes sense in the short term, but long term it's absolutely stupid to sell your best player and most marketable asset. Also, knowing how Beppe operates in the market and seeing how he still hasn't properly replaced that dominant midfield we had 3 seasons ago, I'd rather keep our best player instead of selling and living to regret it. Selling Dybala means no Scudetto for at least 3 seasons, and we won't be making it past the CL QFs until 2021/2022. You can quote me on that.
    Also you are missing the most important factor, if the kid wants to leave, i will say thanks for the fish and so long

Cash
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Also you are missing the most important factor, if the kid wants to leave, i will say thanks for the fish and so long
    If. Why are we assuming he does? Also, why do we think Max is gonna be here beyond the summer? Things might change

Cash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    He scores and creates more goals than anyone else.

We are often $#@! going forward without him.

If it came down to a choice between Dybala and Higuain, there's only one rational option.

Cash
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    He might not be playing like it now (he's injured anyway) but he's definitely our best player, and it's not even close.

Cash
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    My work here is done.

Cash
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedved96 View Post
    He scores and creates more goals than anyone else.

We are often $#@! going forward without him.

If it came down to a choice between Dybala and Higuain, there's only one rational option.
    He scores more than Higuain? He creates more than Pjanic?

We are also often $#@! going forward with him.

And yes, I prefer him over Higuain, but it's not really our choice is it? We are talking about realistic options.

He might not be playing like it now (he's injured anyway) but he's definitely our best player, and it's not even close.
    What has he done to deserve such a title? He has these games every now and again where it looks like he could be that player, but they are way too rare. He has the potential to be better than he has been, but I don't think his ceiling is that high tbh. His poor first touch is a major flaw for the type of player he is.

I would say Pjanic is our best player. But there isn't much competition. We don't have many brilliant individuals anymore, just a solid unit.

Cash
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)

We are also often $#@! going forward with him.

And yes, I prefer him over Higuain, but it's not really our choice is it? We are talking about realistic options.

What has he done to deserve such a title? He has these games every now and again where it looks like he could be that player, but they are way too rare. He has the potential to be better than he has been, but I don't think his ceiling is that high tbh. His poor first touch is a major flaw for the type of player he is.

I would say Pjanic is our best player. But there isn't much competition. We don't have many brilliant individuals anymore, just a solid unit.
    Pjanic also blows hot and cold, and tends to drift in and out of games. He has a fair share of games during a season, where he's practically invisible. Let's just say, if I was tasked with building a team and had to pick one player from Juventus, I'd go with Dybala, Pjanic, and then Sandro. Of course had Buffon been a decade younger, this discussion might be headed in a different direction
    @Mark Carrasco? Any truth that we're targeting him in the summer. We can have him for far less than his 100 million clause apparently. Also, why aren't we on that hot Argentinian prospect. Anything or anyone that pushes Fatso to the bench

Cash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Sell: Khedira, Sturaro, Lichtsteiner, Asamoah

Retire: Buffon, Barzagli

Buy: Barella, Torreira, Bellerin

Return: Spinazolla, Caldara

Szczęsny/Pinsoglio
    Bellerin/MDS - Rugani/Benatia - Chiellini/Caldara - Sandro/Spinazolla
    Marchisio/Torreira - Pjanic/Bentancur - Matuidi/Barella
    Bernardeschi/Cuadrado - Dybala/Higuain - Costa/Mandzukic

Cash
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Pjanic also blows hot and cold, and tends to drift in and out of games. He has a fair share of games during a season, where he's practically invisible. Let's just say, if I was tasked with building a team and had to pick one player from Juventus, I'd go with Dybala, Pjanic, and then Sandro. Of course had Buffon been a decade younger, this discussion might be headed in a different direction
    @Mark Carrasco? Any truth that we're targeting him in the summer. We can have him for far less than his 100 million clause apparently. Also, why aren't we on that hot Argentinian prospect. Anything or anyone that pushes Fatso to the bench
    Pjanic is also inconsistent, but not nearly as bad as Dybi.

This Juve team is one of my least favourites tbh. Not many players I love on this team, apart from the old guard.

Cash
    Mentioned
    6383 Post(s)
    you will be disappointed...
    JUVENTUS 1897-2006
    Juventus 2006-2011
    JUVENTUS 2011-14
    Allegri Era

Cash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    This season? Yes, he scores more than Higuain. He is our most creative player too.

Notice how $#@! we have been going forward recently? That's because we don't have Dybala. He is the heart and soul of our attack.

Cash
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedved96 View Post
    This season? Yes, he scores more than Higuain. He is our most creative player too.

Notice how $#@! we have been going forward recently? That's because we don't have Dybala. He is the heart and soul of our attack.
    Unless whoscored.com is wrong, Higuain has more goals than Dybala.

Again, how is he our most creative player?

Also again, we have also been $#@! in attack with him playing quite often.

And I'm not saying Dybala isn't good or unimportant. But I think we're stuck with Higuain as our CF. Max will not play Dybala as a #9, so what options do we have?

Cash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    And I'm not saying Dybala isn't good or unimportant. But I think we're stuck with Higuain as our CF. Max will not play Dybala as a #9, so what options do we have?
    Not we are not stuck. Higuain is fat donut and all, but he is a fantastic CF. He is amazing in the build up, works his socks off and lethal in finishing. The only thing he should not try to do is to drag ball forward alone.

Cash
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopanja View Post
    Not we are not stuck. Higuain is fat donut and all, but he is a fantastic CF. He is amazing in the build up, works his socks off and lethal in finishing. The only thing he should not try to do is to drag ball forward alone.
    Stuck meaning that we wouldn't be able to offload him if we wanted to.