Summer Mercato Thread 2018 - Transfer discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 3
Page 3 of 1085 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 21699
  1. #41
    COME HOME MOGGI Gian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    15,250
    Cash
    5,232
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I do not see the point if we're bringing back Spinazzola.

    Gigi
    Bellerin Benatia Chiellini Spinazzola
    Can Pjanic Matuidi
    Dybala Higuain Douglas Costa

    Bench: Polish guy, Mandzukic, Cuadrado, Bernardeschi, Bentancur, Marchisio, Khedira, Pellegrini, Barzagli, Rugani, De Sciglio

    In: Bellerin 70M, Spinazzola free, Emre Can free, Pellegrini 25M,
    Out: AS for 60M, Sturaro 5M, Asamoah, Lichtsteiner, Pjaca on loan

    That really is a CL-winning squad right there.. insane depth and quality

  2. #42
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    56,832
    Cash
    31,577
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post
    I do not see the point if we're bringing back Spinazzola.

    Gigi
    Bellerin Benatia Chiellini Spinazzola
    Can Pjanic Matuidi
    Dybala Higuain Douglas Costa

    Bench: Polish guy, Mandzukic, Cuadrado, Bernardeschi, Bentancur, Marchisio, Khedira, Pellegrini, Barzagli, Rugani, De Sciglio

    In: Bellerin 70M, Spinazzola free, Emre Can free, Pellegrini 25M,
    Out: AS for 60M, Sturaro 5M, Asamoah, Lichtsteiner, Pjaca on loan

    That really is a CL-winning squad right there.. insane depth and quality
    Absolutely love it. Hopefully Bellerin is more ambitious than someone like Ozil
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  3. #43
    Juventuz champion Wittl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,518
    Cash
    15,040
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post
    I do not see the point if we're bringing back Spinazzola.

    Gigi
    Bellerin Benatia Chiellini Spinazzola
    Can Pjanic Matuidi
    Dybala Higuain Douglas Costa

    Bench: Polish guy, Mandzukic, Cuadrado, Bernardeschi, Bentancur, Marchisio, Khedira, Pellegrini, Barzagli, Rugani, De Sciglio

    In: Bellerin 70M, Spinazzola free, Emre Can free, Pellegrini 25M,
    Out: AS for 60M, Sturaro 5M, Asamoah, Lichtsteiner, Pjaca on loan

    That really is a CL-winning squad right there.. insane depth and quality
    If this is a CL-winning squad, we already have one.

  4. #44
    Juventuz champion MikeM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,413
    Cash
    11,275
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    I feel like our biggest problem to sort, and it has been for multiple windows now, is the issue of Dybala and our formation.

    Are we building around him and what position is he best suited for? Because Higuain/Dybala doesn't work and Max was already drifting away from it before the injury. I can't believe Max would choose 4-2-3-1 over 4-3-3 so either Dybala has to play #9 or Higuain has to play #9.

    But we have to sort this all out first. Because the formation also affects the CMs. Remember how Marotta passed on Tolisso because he said we are playing with 2 holding midfielders? Ya... turns out we're not.

    So Marotta needs to figure out what the focal point of the team is and go from there because buying random players and dumping them on Max won't work forever. And everyone knows I fap to Beppe.

    All the data we have right now suggests Allegri + 4-3-3 = impenetrable defence. I know defending is taboo but when it is at such a high level, it is worth exploring as a positive.

  5. #45
    Tuz Royalty Monty's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,635
    Cash
    3,913
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I feel like our biggest problem to sort, and it has been for multiple windows now, is the issue of Dybala and our formation.

    Are we building around him and what position is he best suited for? Because Higuain/Dybala doesn't work and Max was already drifting away from it before the injury. I can't believe Max would choose 4-2-3-1 over 4-3-3 so either Dybala has to play #9 or Higuain has to play #9.

    But we have to sort this all out first. Because the formation also affects the CMs. Remember how Marotta passed on Tolisso because he said we are playing with 2 holding midfielders? Ya... turns out we're not.

    So Marotta needs to figure out what the focal point of the team is and go from there because buying random players and dumping them on Max won't work forever. And everyone knows I fap to Beppe.

    All the data we have right now suggests Allegri + 4-3-3 = impenetrable defence. I know defending is taboo but when it is at such a high level, it is worth exploring as a positive.
    Sell. Simples.

  6. #46
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    30,276
    Cash
    54,298
    Mentioned
    1949 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wittl View Post
    If this is a CL-winning squad, we already have one.
    this.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  7. #47
    World Boss Quetzalcoatl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Timeout Island
    Posts
    55,223
    Cash
    63,036
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Sell. Simples.
    Yup, we gotta sell the Diebs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

  8. #48
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    24,651
    Cash
    27,345
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Sell. Simples.
    -Rep

    Every time I catch someone suggesting that we sell Dybala, I'm gonna -rep them. $#@!ing disgusting.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  9. #49
    World Boss Quetzalcoatl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Timeout Island
    Posts
    55,223
    Cash
    63,036
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    -Rep

    Every time I catch someone suggesting that we sell Dybala, I'm gonna -rep them. $#@!ing disgusting.
    What's your solution? You think Higgy and Dieber can work together?
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

  10. #50
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    24,651
    Cash
    27,345
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post
    I do not see the point if we're bringing back Spinazzola.

    Gigi
    Bellerin Benatia Chiellini Spinazzola
    Can Pjanic Matuidi
    Dybala Higuain Douglas Costa

    Bench: Polish guy, Mandzukic, Cuadrado, Bernardeschi, Bentancur, Marchisio, Khedira, Pellegrini, Barzagli, Rugani, De Sciglio

    In: Bellerin 70M, Spinazzola free, Emre Can free, Pellegrini 25M,
    Out: AS for 60M, Sturaro 5M, Asamoah, Lichtsteiner, Pjaca on loan

    That really is a CL-winning squad right there.. insane depth and quality
    That is definitely not a CL winning squad, unless we get incredibly fortunate. The fullbacks are nothing to write home about, our midfield isn't that great, and we still have Fatso leading the line.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  11. #51
    World Boss Quetzalcoatl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Timeout Island
    Posts
    55,223
    Cash
    63,036
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    -Rep

    Every time I catch someone suggesting that we sell Dybala, I'm gonna -rep them. $#@!ing disgusting.
    You really did it! :gasp:
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

  12. #52
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    24,651
    Cash
    27,345
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    What's your solution? You think Higgy and Dieber can work together?
    I honestly don't give two $#@!s about Higuain. Dybala is more valuable and a far more marketable asset. Higuain will be turning 31 by the end of the year, and I honestly don't think someone like him will be able to sustain the "high" levels that we have witnessed beyond the age of 32. He doesn't strike me as a guy who has the mental fortitude to stay relevant for much longer.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  13. #53
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    30,276
    Cash
    54,298
    Mentioned
    1949 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    What's your solution? You think Higgy and Dieber can work together?
    Sell Fatso and try to get as much money back as possible.

    Play Dybala as false 9.

    Not gonna happen.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  14. #54
    World Boss Quetzalcoatl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Timeout Island
    Posts
    55,223
    Cash
    63,036
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    I honestly don't give two $#@!s about Higuain. Dybala is more valuable and a far more marketable asset. Higuain will be turning 31 by the end of the year, and I honestly don't think someone like him will be able to sustain the "high" levels that we have witnessed beyond the age of 32. He doesn't strike me as a guy who has the mental fortitude to stay relevant for much longer.
    Yes, but practically speaking, what can we do with him? Who's gonna buy him without us taking a major loss, plus can afford his wages? I think we're stuck with him for now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    Sell Fatso and try to get as much money back as possible.

    Play Dybala as false 9.

    Not gonna happen.
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

  15. #55
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    24,651
    Cash
    27,345
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    You really did it! :gasp:
    Nothing against you man, but people just casually and nonchalantly endorsing his sale because he can't co-exist with the fat dude up front is both disgusting and disconcerting. If they can't co-exist Higuain leaves or hits the bench, not the other way around. We may have paid 90 million for him, but that's not his true value. It was a costly mistake.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  16. #56
    World Boss Quetzalcoatl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Timeout Island
    Posts
    55,223
    Cash
    63,036
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    Nothing against you man, but people just casually and nonchalantly endorsing his sale because he can't co-exist with the fat dude up front is both disgusting and disconcerting. If they can't co-exist Higuain leaves or hits the bench, not the other way around. We may have paid 90 million for him, but that's not his true value. It was a costly mistake.
    I'm not saying what I want, just how I believe things should go, knowing the way the club operates.

    I wouldn't mind experimenting with Dybala as the #9 with Higuain coming off the bench, but Max won't do that. And it doesn't make sense going into another season with an attacking duo that doesn't click.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

  17. #57
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    24,651
    Cash
    27,345
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Yes, but practically speaking, what can we do with him? Who's gonna buy him without us taking a major loss, plus can afford his wages? I think we're stuck with him for now.
    PSG? Exchange for Cavani? I think Max needs to figure this out. It seems that Mandzukic and Dybala can link up well. I really don't think Higuain offers much in Europe. Sure, he decided the tie against Monaco (Alves had a helping hand too), but he was pretty anonymous until that point.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  18. #58
    World Boss Quetzalcoatl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Timeout Island
    Posts
    55,223
    Cash
    63,036
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    PSG? Exchange for Cavani? I think Max needs to figure this out. It seems that Mandzukic and Dybala can link up well. I really don't think Higuain offers much in Europe. Sure, he decided the tie against Monaco (Alves had a helping hand too), but he was pretty anonymous until that point.
    Why would PSG want him?

    Our only hope is China
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

  19. #59
    Tuz Royalty Monty's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,635
    Cash
    3,913
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    I'm not saying what I want, just how I believe things should go, knowing the way the club operates.

    I wouldn't mind experimenting with Dybala as the #9 with Higuain coming off the bench, but Max won't do that. And it doesn't make sense going into another season with an attacking duo that doesn't click.
    This.

    For me the team is greater than any individual.

    And I forgive you @Bianconero81 for my -rep. Better to get it out of your system now than bottle it up for the summer.

  20. #60
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    24,651
    Cash
    27,345
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Why would PSG want him?

    Our only hope is China
    I don't know. Money isn't an issue for them. We could send him to United if Lukaku keeps sucking

    Higuain will not move to China. I think if he misses our for Argentina, he's done. He's not going to have the mental toughness/fortitude to come back from that, and by the time the next world cup rolls around, he'll already be 34.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    This.

    For me the team is greater than any individual.

    And I forgive you @Bianconero81 for my -rep. Better to get it out of your system now than bottle it up for the summer.
    If the team is greater than any individual, Higuain should be the one to $#@! off.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

Similar Threads

  1. Winter Mercato Thread 2018
    By JuveJay in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 4018
    Last Post: 02.02.2018, 02:36
  2. Summer mercato thread 2017-18
    By Mark in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 20490
    Last Post: 31.08.2017, 23:16
  3. Endless Summer Mercato 2016
    By JuveJay in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 23846
    Last Post: 01.09.2016, 02:37
  4. Summer mercato 2015
    By Mark in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 23023
    Last Post: 31.08.2015, 12:29
  5. Last day of summer mercato - LIVE
    By Mark in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 918
    Last Post: 02.09.2013, 23:37

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •