What made you support Juventus? (4 Viewers)

Mar 10, 2009
Honestly for me? Despite living in the UK, Football Italia on Channel 4 provided the only live football after sky bought the rights for the EPL. Grew up watching the likes of Davids, Zidane, Del Piero and Inzaghi and just followed them ever since.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Honestly for me? Despite living in the UK, Football Italia on Channel 4 provided the only live football after sky bought the rights for the EPL. Grew up watching the likes of Davids, Zidane, Del Piero and Inzaghi and just followed them ever since.
That’s very interesting, FootieDeebo. We used to get the same Football Italia highlights show here in Australia. It was magnificent. James Richardson

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
platini.

in '86, hungary faced france in the wc group stages. hungary eventually dropped out from the group, but i liked platini's style so much that i tried to watch every france game. when i read that platini played for juve, i became a die-hard juventino without knowing anything about the team.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
It went in two ways: 1)Same love for a player but with Baggio, instead Platini... 2)Calcio was the most famous league at that time and I dont know why but I started to dislike (almost hate) inmediately any other big team, specially Milan and Roma

OP
Ventus
Mar 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #6
    That’s very interesting, FootieDeebo. We used to get the same Football Italia highlights show here in Australia. It was magnificent. James Richardson

Thought Football Italia was exclusive to the UK ha ha. Yea James Richardson is a legend. Saturday was like Serie A's version of Match of the Day and on Sunday we used to get one live match.

DutchJuventino

Apr 9, 2015
    I was a goalkeeper and I always admitted Buffon, because he has the total package: quality, spectaculair, charisma, intelligent, respectful and just the best goalkeeper in the world.

Firstly I watched him only in the Azzurri, but after some time I decided to watch a Juventus match for him and so I fell in love with Juve and the players Alessandro Del Piero, Claudio Marchisio and Gianluigi Buffon :sheik:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    That's probably the same for the majority of people in the UK who didn't have any links to the club :D

My mom's side decided it for me with cousins pushing toward it but tbh I could easily have gone with someone else, as you quite often get with Italian families. Watching on C4 and Rai in those 90s days was a big clincher. There was an still is just something classy and prestigious about the club, even though in those early days everyone was falling over themselves to watch Milan.

- - - Updated - - -

Thought Football Italia was exclusive to the UK ha ha. Yea James Richardson is a legend. Saturday was like Serie A's version of Match of the Day and on Sunday we used to get one live match.
    Goooooolllllaccciiioo

OP
    Ventus
    Mar 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #11
    That's probably the same for the majority of people in the UK who didn't have any links to the club :D

My mom's side decided it for me with cousins pushing toward it but tbh I could easily have gone with someone else, as you quite often get with Italian families. Watching on C4 and Rai in those 90s days was a big clincher. There was an still is just something classy and prestigious about the club, even though in those early days everyone was falling over themselves to watch Milan.

- - - Updated - - -

Goooooolllllaccciiioo

Best show ever! And I am serious, shame BT Sports cannot get the same presenters. Oh and yeah, I used to think it was "Go Lazio," lol

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
    @Fr3sh will probably mock us, who watching Juve because of Baggio.
    But i used to hate Lippi because his treatment of Baggio..
    But Ale proved to be a masterpiece move from Lippi.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)