[Serie A] Napoli 0-1 JUVENTUS [December 1st 2017] - Juventus Matches - Juventuz Forums - Page 6

View Poll Results: vote cazzo

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Higuain

31 39.74%
  • Benatia

7 8.97%
  • Buffon

7 8.97%
  • Douglas Costa

33 42.31%
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1818 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKAC View Post
    And to stay 4 points from Napoli?No a draw is not good.We must play for a win cause if we start to play for a draw(and that's the most likable scenario) we will lose.Also zero points to lose a match versus one point for a draw is not much of a difference.And Howedes having only his second game in a derby isn't a good idea.Any of Sandro or Asamoah are better than him for THIS game(only).
    also, Napoli too have a must win game in the CL, so that shouldnt be an excuse
    35 SUL CAMPO ✔

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1467 Post(s)
    Go big or go home
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    also, Napoli too have a must win game in the CL, so that shouldnt be an excuse
    Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    Go big or go home
    yes and yes.No pussy tactics!
    SZCZESNY WILL NEVER BE GIGI''S SUCCESSOR .

Cash
    Mentioned
    2126 Post(s)
    i havent seen @Marc in a while actually. did he quit the forum at last?
    Völler is here with DAi.

Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1358 Post(s)
    Draw will be the best we’ll do at that $#@!hole IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

Cash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    i havent seen @Marc in a while actually. did he quit the forum at last?
    Don't mention him, he's gonna feel loved and then he might stay again

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1818 Post(s)
    lets ask @Danijel if he knows where Marc is
    35 SUL CAMPO ✔

Cash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    lets ask @Danijel if he knows where Marc is
    Probably watching Real Madrid

Cash
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Seeing as we haven't found a lineup that can be trusted to impose our will on the opposition, it makes more sense to deploy a more conservative, countering style. It's even more obvious when you consider Sarri is one of those "beautiful game" proponents and will absolutely allow himself to be countered.

The game calls for 3 CMs and probably some type of 4-5-1. Just pinch the ball and play it to a fast player on the same side as Maggio/Albiol. Most likely Costa.

Cuadrado-Dybala-Costa would probably be an optimal front line.

Cash
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Marc is Wittl.

You'd better not let me open the match threads

- - - Updated - - -

@Wittl

We no friends anymore.
      Spoiler:

Calma

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Seeing as we haven't found a lineup that can be trusted to impose our will on the opposition, it makes more sense to deploy a more conservative, countering style. It's even more obvious when you consider Sarri is one of those "beautiful game" proponents and will absolutely allow himself to be countered.

The game calls for 3 CMs and probably some type of 4-5-1. Just pinch the ball and play it to a fast player on the same side as Maggio/Albiol. Most likely Costa.

I agree with everything except I think the optimal front line involves Mandzukic; his layoffs are great for Dybala. Say Cuadrado/Costa - Dybala - Mandzukic

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1467 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Klovn View Post
    Don't mention him, he's gonna feel loved and then he might stay again
    Why you so cruel?
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerval View Post
    I agree with everything except I think the optimal front line involves Mandzukic; his layoffs are great for Dybala. Say Cuadrado/Costa - Dybala - Mandzukic
    I would prefer more pace to exploit the right side of Napoli where you could likely see Maggio and Albiol.

If we play Mandzukic at LW then I would prefer to try for possession.

Cash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Why you so cruel?
    I am a dane, it's in my blood

M.M. <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post

I absolutely expect we will see 3-4-2-1 again and play in a similar manner as we did against Barcelona to choke any life out of the game.
    There is no god but Beppe and Euromaxx is his messenger

Cash
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Confuse them and play a 4-3-2-1 with Dybala as the lone striker
    ADP 10 290!
    3!5

Cash
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I absolutely expect we will see 3-4-2-1 again and play in a similar manner as we did against Barcelona to choke any life out of the game.
    I greatly prefer a dedicated DM against a team like Napoli. I think we're really, really vulnerable to the movements Mertens makes to pull our CBs away from the back line. I don't think there's enough cover with just 2 CMs. Ideally you just have the dedicated DM in a 3 man midfield sit on Mertens so the CBs never have to push into midfield. Or are never even tempted to.

I don't know what CBs we'll even start. Will it be Howedes? Can he cope with a really difficult front line while being new to the system? I don't even know how often he's played with 3 CBs in the past either. I've seen Benatia caught time and again in midfield this year. He's really worrying against Napoli as well.

For me it's really simple to just play a 4-5-1 and keep Marchisio or Pjanic in that space that Mertens likes. And then you have the other CMs to watch forward runs from Hamsik. I remember us getting killed by Hamsik recently by this exact Napoli movement that Sarri's team basically repeats over and over. Really upsetting.

M.M. <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Not sure what sort of game to expect. Napoli can play such intricate attacking football these days I think we will concede chances whatever formation we play and will likely need to score to avoid defeat.

I would think that by now Allegri is not going to be looking to keep chopping and changing much longer. He is likely going to want to come into the second half of the season with a solid idea on how we are going to play and a dedicated starting 11 that can play together and finally start to gel in their movements and understanding before more crucial games come up.

My thoughts are, coming into this tough run of fixtures, the plan will likely be what we saw against Crotone. 3-4-2-1 to mitigate our defensive problems that he so far was not able to work out with a 4 man backline which will be switched to a potentially promising 4-3-2-1 when we are pushing for a goal. I suppose it also allows for more use of our new signings in Bernardeschi and Douglas Costa who can now play as attacking wingers without having to defend near as much as would have been expected in a 4-2-3-1

Perhaps he will look into moving away from 3-4-2-1 and towards 4-3-2-1 once the team is more confident and not undergoing the complete mental collapse that seems to follow a concede goal these days
    There is no god but Beppe and Euromaxx is his messenger

Cash
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Even if Napoli was on the verge of permanent relegation to Serie D they would still pull out the game of their lives against us at home. Can't forget the days of Cavani, Lavezzi and Hamsik consistently playing out of their skin against us at home.

This fixture is pretty much what makes Napoli Napoli. They wait all season for this, they've built their entire identity around it, and they'll never give an inch this fixture. It's the reason they play in Serie A every year, to beat Juventus. For them, we are the source of all their sorrow and pain throughout their entire existence, and beating us makes them feel as though they've put something of this world right.

Cash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Even if Napoli was on the verge of permanent relegation to Serie D they would still pull out the game of their lives against us at home. Can't forget the days of Cavani, Lavezzi and Hamsik consistently playing out of their skin against us at home.

This fixture is pretty much what makes Napoli Napoli. They wait all season for this, they've built their entire identity around it, and they'll never give an inch this fixture. It's the reason they play in Serie A every year, to beat Juventus. For them, we are the source of all their sorrow and pain throughout their entire existence, and beating us makes them feel as though they've put something of this world right.
    summed it up pretty well. These serie A teams all have a napoleon syndrom when it comes to us.
    "Vincere non e' importante. E' l'unica cosa che conta”