Football Manager 2018 - The Gaming Zone - Juventuz Forums
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 113
  1. #1
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,732
    Cash
    33,486
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)

    Football Manager 2018

    Who else is playing the beta?

    I just finished my first season.

    Won Supercoppa, Serie A and Coppa Italia with ease. Stormed my way to CL final, including 5-1 home thrashing of PSG, and then lost on penalties to my old Football Manager nemesis, the perennially overrated Manchester United

    On the bright side though, their victory meant I got an additional 3.4 mil euros from the Paul Pogba deal

    So far I have signed Di Maria, Luca Pellegrini, Antony Anglieri, Pietro Pellegri, Vrsaljiko and made DC loan permanent (dude's pace is unstoppable in this game). Brought back Kean, Caldara and Spinazzola (he's mediocre but home grown so good enough for a back up). There seems to be loads of talented young Italians in this game so potential for some future first team quality home growns

    In fact, Juve start with ample youth who seem to have high potential ceilings. Obviously there is Kean and furthermore Audero, Bentancur, Caldara, Manolo Portanova, Antony Anglieri (he starts on loan at Juve from Palermo), Elia Petrelli, Caligara, and Mandragora

    I was planning to take advantage of some of the available bosmans in summer 2018 mainly Sanchez and De Vrij but every player of interest resigned with their current club within the final two weeks before I could open negotiations

    And jeez established players are expensive as $#@! (probably PSG's fault). You finally get to live the Beppe experience of managing Juventus looking for bosmans and release clauses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  2. #2
    Juventuz regular Tak!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,124
    Cash
    2,944
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Impressive! What tactic did you use? I have been struggling throughout the season (I am in 27 January 2018), we're five points ahead Inter and finished second in CL behind Barca. Will be playing City in the first knock out and Roma in Coppa Italia semis.

    Two things I am struggling with; (1) Consistency. We seldom loose but every now and then we fluke. I lost two Chievo with 5-0. Yes. 5-0!! I almost kick myself. (2) Creativity, or so to speak. We struggle to create chances, which is very evident against smaller teams. They, on the other hand, need to make it across half the pitch five times to score five goals, obviously.

    I'm playing 4-1-1-2-1 (4-2-3-1) with, if they are all available, Buffon; DC, Rugani, Chiellini, Sandro; Matuidi/Khedira as DMC (defend or support depending on opponent); Pjanic as a CM (DLPs); Berna (IFs), Dybala AMC (APa), Costa (Wa); Higuain.

    Higuain is my main goal scorer with 14 goals across 19 (4) games. Dybala has only scored 8 goals in 20 (6) games. Berna averages a goal every second game while Costa has scored 3 goals and Mario 8. Dybala has an average of 7.56 but should be able to bring more points, not sure what I am doing wrong there.

    After trying a bit of this and I gave up and settled for playing with a control mentality, fluid shape and instructing them to retain possession, play out of defence, overlap, play narrower, push higher up, close down more and prevent GK distribution.

    Sold Barza to spurs in the January window. He wanted out and I wasn't convinced in renewing his contract, I also needed a spot in order to register Pjaca.
    You take forever to say nothing.

  3. #3
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,732
    Cash
    33,486
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    4-2-3-1 wide, control, fluid

    Play out of defense, run at defense, work ball into box, exploit flanks, close down more and roam from positions and my fullbacks press forward and most of the play comes from wide players or individual skill from dybala, CMs mostly stay deep to cover gap between AMs and defense.

    Starting lineup is

    -------------------------------------Szceszny (GK defend)

    Vrsaljko (FB support) - Rugani (BPD defend) - Benatia (CB defend) - Alex Sandro (FB support)

    ---------------------------Pjanic (DLP defend) - Matuidi - (BWM defend)

    -----------------Di Maria (ISF support) ---- Dybala (AP attack) ------Douglas Costa (winger attack)

    -----------------------------------------------Higuian (AF attack)

    In away or more challenging games i keep my fullbacks deep to keep from getting caught out by opposition wingers and close down less.

    In very tough away games I drop the CAM and play Marchisio as a DLP to sit behind two BBMs in a 4-1-2-2-1 and play on the counter. It doesn't offer much offensively but in two legged ties I use it and I've been able to keep survive tough away games without conceding.

    Douglas Costa has been absolutely lethal for me so far. Regularly bombing down his flank and beating one or two players with ease before getting in a cross. He crossing success rate isn't very high but his pace and dribbling gets him so many chances to cross that he still gets regular assists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  4. #4
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,732
    Cash
    33,486
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    @Osman,

    You playing this yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  5. #5
    Koul Khara! Osman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Uppsala
    Posts
    47,441
    Cash
    76,869
    Mentioned
    1858 Post(s)
    Nah, not so much time right now, prolly gonna wait for release. Is that soon right?
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus


    "Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

  6. #6
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,732
    Cash
    33,486
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Yah I think next week
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  7. #7
    Juventuz champion

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    9,391
    Cash
    14,245
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Who else is playing the beta?

    I just finished my first season.

    Won Supercoppa, Serie A and Coppa Italia with ease. Stormed my way to CL final, including 5-1 home thrashing of PSG, and then lost on penalties to my old Football Manager nemesis, the perennially overrated Manchester United

    On the bright side though, their victory meant I got an additional 3.4 mil euros from the Paul Pogba deal

    So far I have signed Di Maria, Luca Pellegrini, Antony Anglieri, Pietro Pellegri, Vrsaljiko and made DC loan permanent (dude's pace is unstoppable in this game). Brought back Kean, Caldara and Spinazzola (he's mediocre but home grown so good enough for a back up). There seems to be loads of talented young Italians in this game so potential for some future first team quality home growns

    In fact, Juve start with ample youth who seem to have high potential ceilings. Obviously there is Kean and furthermore Audero, Bentancur, Caldara, Manolo Portanova, Antony Anglieri (he starts on loan at Juve from Palermo), Elia Petrelli, Caligara, and Mandragora

    I was planning to take advantage of some of the available bosmans in summer 2018 mainly Sanchez and De Vrij but every player of interest resigned with their current club within the final two weeks before I could open negotiations

    And jeez established players are expensive as $#@! (probably PSG's fault). You finally get to live the Beppe experience of managing Juventus looking for bosmans and release clauses.
    I had 4-0 win at home vs Barca but my results were a bit different
    Serie A I won it 3 games before but it wasn't as easy as it sounds as I was trailing for much of the way to Napoli who just kept on winning and Inter until I beat Inter away and sent them to their bad period...
    CL - I made a comeback against Man Utd in the final after trailing 1-0 and won 3-1 to lift the CL trophy
    CI - I lost at QF or SF vs Milan and got eliminated
    Italian Super Cup - won

    Purchases - SMS
    Sold Cuadrado and Pjaca
    I just sold Mandzukic now before the 2nd season as he was bitching a bit.. Buffon retired despite signing an extension..

  8. #8
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,732
    Cash
    33,486
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Matuidi is also a straight beast one of the best DM ive ever had in an FM straight tackling opposition players for fun.

    So far i really like the new interface, changes to tactical optiobs, scouting, the new medical centre and the greater choice in options when dealing with team morale and talking to unsettled players.

    Match engine is still a bit $#@!ed though. Occasionally it just slows down to the point of barely moving. More than once i have had a player injured and forced into sub then noticed my sub never took the pitch. Recently had di maria injured in the 26th minute, brought on pjaca for him, pjaca never took the fieldm i ended up playing 70 minutes with 10 men and di maria visible on the sideline with the physio.

    Also, my team is a defensive monster and i concede very few goals in Serie A but a few of the ones i have conceded have all come from the scenario. 35+ yard freekick from the right side, kicker squares ball to unmarked player to his left before 35 yard unstoppable wonderstrike from floro flores level player.

    This has happened numerous times, frustrating when its their only chance in the game. Also, i still have the problem from FM 17 where one of my back 4 has the ball, attempts easy pass back to goalkeeper and totally misses sending it out of bounds and giving away a corner. Usually under minimal to no pressure too. Very frustrating giving away free corners like this on what should be simple possession passes

    Oh one more thing youve got to float crosses. Any sort of low cross goes straight to gk or out of bounds.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Orgut View Post
    I had 4-0 win at home vs Barca but my results were a bit different
    Serie A I won it 3 games before but it wasn't as easy as it sounds as I was trailing for much of the way to Napoli who just kept on winning and Inter until I beat Inter away and sent them to their bad period...
    CL - I made a comeback against Man Utd in the final after trailing 1-0 and won 3-1 to lift the CL trophy
    CI - I lost at QF or SF vs Milan and got eliminated
    Italian Super Cup - won

    Purchases - SMS
    Sold Cuadrado and Pjaca
    I just sold Mandzukic now before the 2nd season as he was bitching a bit.. Buffon retired despite signing an extension..
    What does you formation tactics look like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  9. #9
    Juventuz champion

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    9,391
    Cash
    14,245
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Matuidi is also a straight beast one of the best DM ive ever had in an FM straight tackling opposition players for fun.

    So far i really like the new interface, changes to tactical optiobs, scouting, the new medical centre and the greater choice in options when dealing with team morale and talking to unsettled players.

    Match engine is still a bit $#@!ed though. Occasionally it just slows down to the point of barely moving. More than once i have had a player injured and forced into sub then noticed my sub never took the pitch. Recently had di maria injured in the 26th minute, brought on pjaca for him, pjaca never took the fieldm i ended up playing 70 minutes with 10 men and di maria visible on the sideline with the physio.

    Also, my team is a defensive monster and i concede very few goals in Serie A but a few of the ones i have conceded have all come from the scenario. 35+ yard freekick from the right side, kicker squares ball to unmarked player to his left before 35 yard unstoppable wonderstrike from floro flores level player.

    This has happened numerous times, frustrating when its their only chance in the game. Also, i still have the problem from FM 17 where one of my back 4 has the ball, attempts easy pass back to goalkeeper and totally misses sending it out of bounds and giving away a corner. Usually under minimal to no pressure too. Very frustrating giving away free corners like this on what should be simple possession passes

    Oh one more thing youve got to float crosses. Any sort of low cross goes straight to gk or out of bounds.

    - - - Updated - - -



    What does you formation tactics look like?
    I copied my FM17 tactic
    4-3-1-2
    2 box to box 1 ball winning midfielder
    1 Advanced Playmaker support
    DLF Complete forward (both with attacking intent)
    Control is the mentality

  10. #10
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,732
    Cash
    33,486
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    So the official game dropped today, I downloaded, and now its completely $#@!ed. CPU usage jumps to 100% when playing, game is so slow its not even playable anymore.

    My specs are more than what is required and i had no problems with the beta until full game dropped. WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  11. #11
    Juventuz regular Tak!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,124
    Cash
    2,944
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Crap, I was pleasantly surprised I could play with "full" graphics. I could see snow/rain, shadows, and the crowd. Made the games more lively to watch, for some reason. I guess I won't be able to do that now then.
    You take forever to say nothing.

  12. #12
    起死回生 JuveJay's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The wrong dimension
    Posts
    56,434
    Cash
    53,988
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    The minimum specs are always misleading. 2GB RAM for a start, yeah right. I wouldn't even touch it without 8GB and an i5 processor, along those lines. I'd even say to go to 16GB for large databases.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

  13. #13
    Juventino

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,822
    Cash
    5,114
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    same game every year, what makes them to increase system demands.
    It was destined to have this outcome, I never stopped believing.
    Thank you all, guys. Let's enjoy it, we've earned it hard.
    I was here, you were here. We were here. And we are here at last. We are back.


    Alessandro

  14. #14
    Juventuz regular Tak!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,124
    Cash
    2,944
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Still, can't really understand why I can play games like Civilization (newest ones) but FM needs to look like a 90s production on my CPU.
    Yes - I have a mac.
    You take forever to say nothing.

  15. #15
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,732
    Cash
    33,486
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    The minimum specs are always misleading. 2GB RAM for a start, yeah right. I wouldn't even touch it without 8GB and an i5 processor, along those lines. I'd even say to go to 16GB for large databases.
    Its not my specs. I should be able to run the game on high graphics without problem. I ran FM17 on a waaaaay $#@!tier laptop with nowhere near the minimum RAM and never had a problem

    I see people online complaining about anti piracy software called Denuvo that is part of this version
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  16. #16
    Juventuz regular Tak!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,124
    Cash
    2,944
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Need a new RW, preferably a straightout winger, someone to replace Cuadrado. United offered 67m so I couldn't refuse. Signed Sanchez who will start as IFs on the left. Although I have offloaded players for 75m (and only spent 26m) I only have 50m to spend.

    Suggestions?

    Thinking about signing Lucas Moura but never had him and I am uncertain if he is good enough to be a starting player. My scouts are not that fond of him, but I really can't think of anyone else.
    You take forever to say nothing.

  17. #17
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,732
    Cash
    33,486
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Federico Chiesa looks good but I doubt you can get him for that amount. Maybe you could retrain Kean


    D'amico and Lo Faso are also good players for the future, but I haven't looked into RWs really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  18. #18
    Koul Khara! Osman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Uppsala
    Posts
    47,441
    Cash
    76,869
    Mentioned
    1858 Post(s)
    So there is no point buying FM18? My PC is not a that excellent for gaming, kinda silly if they raised the requirements that significantly.
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus


    "Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

  19. #19
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,732
    Cash
    33,486
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Idk i havent seen much online about other people having the same problems but the match engine has been pretty $#@!ed for me since the full release. Shame cause a lot of the new features in the interface are great
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  20. #20
    Juventuz regular Tak!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,124
    Cash
    2,944
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    So there is no point buying FM18? My PC is not a that excellent for gaming, kinda silly if they raised the requirements that significantly.
    I run on a mac with 16gb ram, 2,3ghz intel core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2gb, Intel Iris Pro 1536mb. Still works fine and runs smoothly after I upgraded from beta. I don't know if it helps but if you want something in comparison.
    You take forever to say nothing.

Similar Threads

  1. football manager vs championship manager
    By salman in forum The Gaming Zone
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 14.03.2008, 15:26
  2. Football Manager 5 (merge)
    By Zlatan in forum The Gaming Zone
    Replies: 1795
    Last Post: 08.11.2005, 23:25
  3. Football Manager 2005 Are there any Network games running?
    By KiNg-XaBi in forum The Gaming Zone
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23.04.2005, 16:24
  4. 101 football manager
    By ZAF3000 in forum The Gaming Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21.04.2005, 01:54
  5. SI acquires Football Manager brand
    By Zlatan in forum The Gaming Zone
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 15.02.2004, 03:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •