Football Manager 2018 - The Gaming Zone - Juventuz Forums - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 109
  1. #21
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,675
    Cash
    33,370
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Finished my second season.

    Got to the CL final again but this time i won 1-0 over Barcelona. Higuain redeemed himself by scoring the only goal (he missed a penalty in regular time in my first CL final ): that I went on to lose) and finishing European golden boot winner with 11 goals in 10 games.

    This summer I decided to lower the average age of the team so I sold Di Maria, Cuadrado, Benatia, Douglas Costa, and Spinazzola (had him around for HG but PSG offered 30mil and I could never get him to perform as inverted wingback). Chiellini and Marchisio are getting up there in years but are the two most influential players according to squad dynamics so I think it might be beneficial to keep them as long as possible.

    With the cash from sales I bought Odegaard, Mathjis De Ligt (both have minimum fee release clauses under 20 mil ), Leroy Sane, Felice D'amico and Simone Lo Faso.

    These players along with Elia Petrelli, Pietro Pellegri, Luca Anglieri, Luca Pellegrini, Kean, Audero, Bentancur, Lirola, Portanova, Caligara and Orsolini have my team overflowing with youth talent never had so much top quality youth talent in an FM game before
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  2. #22
    起死回生 JuveJay's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The wrong dimension
    Posts
    56,425
    Cash
    53,970
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Thanks to San

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tak! View Post
    I run on a mac with 16gb ram, 2,3ghz intel core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2gb, Intel Iris Pro 1536mb. Still works fine and runs smoothly after I upgraded from beta. I don't know if it helps but if you want something in comparison.
    It should do for that spec. Quite a few people try to run it on middle of the road laptops though. It should be made clear on the packaging that you can only run the minimum features smoothly on a regular machine.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

  3. #23
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,675
    Cash
    33,370
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Looks like they patched and fixed whatever was $#@!ing over my FM. Works again just fine on high graphics takes up barely 5% of my CPU usage instead of 99%
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  4. #24
    Juventuz regular Sjaban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    EHAM
    Posts
    1,663
    Cash
    4,356
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is the 3-2-3-2 formation still ridiculously overpowered?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #25
    Juventuz regular Tak!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,124
    Cash
    2,944
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Went full mental. Still haven't started the second season. Sold Cuadrado, Asamoah, Higuain, a whole bunch of dead wood. Didn't sign Höwedes or Costa. Licht and Barza left. Buffon retired.
    Signed Sanchez for free and three regens for youth squad. Brought back Caldara, Spina. Brignoli, Lirola, and Kean.
    Might sign Arthur but contract negotiations melted down after his request of 300k/w. Seems like a good versatile player and I am moving from 4231 to 41221 so I need someone to back up Marchisio. Sturaro, however, went mad because we have so many CM when I first tried to sign Fabinho. Manduzkic is crazy angry I sold pipita.
    You take forever to say nothing.

  6. #26
    Juventuz champion

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    9,388
    Cash
    14,237
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Finished my second season.

    Got to the CL final again but this time i won 1-0 over Barcelona. Higuain redeemed himself by scoring the only goal (he missed a penalty in regular time in my first CL final ): that I went on to lose) and finishing European golden boot winner with 11 goals in 10 games.

    This summer I decided to lower the average age of the team so I sold Di Maria, Cuadrado, Benatia, Douglas Costa, and Spinazzola (had him around for HG but PSG offered 30mil and I could never get him to perform as inverted wingback). Chiellini and Marchisio are getting up there in years but are the two most influential players according to squad dynamics so I think it might be beneficial to keep them as long as possible.

    With the cash from sales I bought Odegaard, Mathjis De Ligt (both have minimum fee release clauses under 20 mil ), Leroy Sane, Felice D'amico and Simone Lo Faso.

    These players along with Elia Petrelli, Pietro Pellegri, Luca Anglieri, Luca Pellegrini, Kean, Audero, Bentancur, Lirola, Portanova, Caligara and Orsolini have my team overflowing with youth talent never had so much top quality youth talent in an FM game before
    Good player but I missed on him

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tak! View Post
    Went full mental. Still haven't started the second season. Sold Cuadrado, Asamoah, Higuain, a whole bunch of dead wood. Didn't sign Höwedes or Costa. Licht and Barza left. Buffon retired.
    Signed Sanchez for free and three regens for youth squad. Brought back Caldara, Spina. Brignoli, Lirola, and Kean.
    Might sign Arthur but contract negotiations melted down after his request of 300k/w. Seems like a good versatile player and I am moving from 4231 to 41221 so I need someone to back up Marchisio. Sturaro, however, went mad because we have so many CM when I first tried to sign Fabinho. Manduzkic is crazy angry I sold pipita.
    I sold Cuad on my first season as I saw no use for him
    I also didn't sign Howedes and Costa and Buffon retired despite renewing his contract...
    How did you manage to sign Sanchez??? I tried but he didn't want to talk..
    I got Ozil for free but didn't play yet in the 2nd season as I usually stop playing after I win the CL which usually happens in my first or 2nd season

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjaban View Post
    Is the 3-2-3-2 formation still ridiculously overpowered?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What are you talking about?

  7. #27
    Juventuz regular Tak!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,124
    Cash
    2,944
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Sanchez refused me until his contract was just about to expire. Then he was happy to talk and for some reason, no one else poached him.
    You take forever to say nothing.

  8. #28
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,675
    Cash
    33,370
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Sanchez resigned with arsenal in mine and the immediately became unhappy and requested to leave
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  9. #29
    Juventuz regular Tak!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,124
    Cash
    2,944
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    lol
    You take forever to say nothing.

  10. #30
    起死回生 JuveJay's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The wrong dimension
    Posts
    56,425
    Cash
    53,970
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Has anybody tried 3-5-2 with long ball tactics yet? Let me know how it goes ASAP.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

  11. #31
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,675
    Cash
    33,370
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    Has anybody tried 3-5-2 with long ball tactics yet? Let me know how it goes ASAP.
    The key is Chiellini as Ball playing defender who gets forward whenever possible and Marco Parolo as advanced playmaker who makes runs into box
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  12. #32
    Juventuz regular Sjaban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    EHAM
    Posts
    1,663
    Cash
    4,356
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What are you talking about?
    In the previous FM editions, you could literally play with the worst team using 3-2-3-2 with counter/defensive tactics and seriously overachieve every season. I was wondering if it was still the case.

  13. #33
    SUCA7E Badass Dybala's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    50,807
    Cash
    44,341
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    Has anybody tried 3-5-2 with long ball tactics yet? Let me know how it goes ASAP.
    Ask ventura
    ILLLLLL TRICOLOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICOLOOOOOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICCCOOOOLLLOOOOOORRRRRRRRR

    It's not Just a stadium - It's our Home. It's not just a kit - It's our Skin. We're not only Eleven - We're Millions. We're not just a crowd - We're a family. It's not just 90 minutes - It's a lifetime. It's not just a passion - It's an emotion. It's not just a game - It's our life. Juventus is not just a club - It's a lifestyle!

  14. #34
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,675
    Cash
    33,370
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Dybala wins World Player of the Year and Golden Ball for me. So proud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  15. #35
    Juventuz regular Tak!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,124
    Cash
    2,944
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Heading into the third season now. The market is so ridiculously inflated, I never wanna become Marotta.
    Can't remember exactly what the bid was, around 100m, for Sanchez and I figured his best days were behind him so I sold him to get someone younger... maybe a bit cheaper and demanding less salary. Took me forever and finally I ended up splashing 125m on Lemar.
    The season before I went for Donnarumma's release clause of 75m but in the end I didn't have the funding to finalize it. He then went on to renew his contract. So this season I activated his release clause again - for 40m. I laughed all the way to the meeting with Fassone.

    My team: Donnarumma and Leali. Will sell Leali after this season and let Audero be the backup (Brignoli was last season).
    Chiellini, de Ligt, Rugani, Caldara, Spinnazola, Alex Sandro, Mattiello, Lirola, and De Sciglio.
    Arthuro, Marchisio, Mandragora, Lemar, Orsolini, Bernadeschi, Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi, Sturaro and Keane.
    Dybala and Geubbels.

    Would have sold one of the FB but DS broke his leg during late pre-season. Was about to loan out Mandra as well but only received potato-offers so I let him stay. Doesn't look to be developing much anyway. How is he faring for you?
    You take forever to say nothing.

  16. #36
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,675
    Cash
    33,370
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Just ended fifth season. Nipples relegated in 19th place Too bad they have no one even left worth poaching these days.

    Team is pretty damn solid these days but I am still using Szczesny so I think I will spend my budget on Donnarumma this coming summer.

    In this year (even though i've won CL twice and have 3 year running Balon D'or winner in Dybala) you really can't compete financially with the big sides at all as Juve so I'm looking towards youngsters and wantaways
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  17. #37
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,675
    Cash
    33,370
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Found a wonderkid RB at Palermo. Spent all summer trying to attract and buy him with Palermo even turning down 45mil euro bid.

    They listed him for loan so I took him on loan and they agreed to 9mil euro optional future fee So I took him on loan and payed the 9mil in January now he's mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  18. #38
    King of Tuz Lion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    23,249
    Cash
    124,213
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Found a wonderkid RB at Palermo. Spent all summer trying to attract and buy him with Palermo even turning down 45mil euro bid.

    They listed him for loan so I took him on loan and they agreed to 9mil euro optional future fee So I took him on loan and payed the 9mil in January now he's mine
    they still have this infuriating algorithm i see

    in previous versions it was same usually teams within same league

    offer insane amounts of money for a player (ex player valued at 20 million, i offer 30-45m, club asks for 70million

    end oup backing out because wtf

    player goes unhappy

    club sellls him for 11 million to someone other than me

    wtf
    i dab before each post

  19. #39
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,675
    Cash
    33,370
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    they still have this infuriating algorithm i see

    in previous versions it was same usually teams within same league

    offer insane amounts of money for a player (ex player valued at 20 million, i offer 30-45m, club asks for 70million

    end oup backing out because wtf

    player goes unhappy

    club sellls him for 11 million to someone other than me

    wtf
    Rival teams Nipples, milan, inter wont even sell their transer listed players to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  20. #40
    Juventuz legend Fr3sh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    34,154
    Cash
    62,260
    Mentioned
    2630 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    they still have this infuriating algorithm i see

    in previous versions it was same usually teams within same league

    offer insane amounts of money for a player (ex player valued at 20 million, i offer 30-45m, club asks for 70million

    end oup backing out because wtf

    player goes unhappy

    club sellls him for 11 million to someone other than me

    wtf
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Rival teams Nipples, milan, inter wont even sell their transer listed players to you
    I hope both your files get corrupted and you lose everything. Not just in game, but in your pc as well.
    Völler is here with DAi.

Similar Threads

  1. football manager vs championship manager
    By salman in forum The Gaming Zone
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 14.03.2008, 15:26
  2. Football Manager 5 (merge)
    By Zlatan in forum The Gaming Zone
    Replies: 1795
    Last Post: 08.11.2005, 23:25
  3. Football Manager 2005 Are there any Network games running?
    By KiNg-XaBi in forum The Gaming Zone
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23.04.2005, 16:24
  4. 101 football manager
    By ZAF3000 in forum The Gaming Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21.04.2005, 01:54
  5. SI acquires Football Manager brand
    By Zlatan in forum The Gaming Zone
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 15.02.2004, 03:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •