Blaise Matuidi - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 55
Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1136

Thread: Blaise Matuidi

  1. #1081
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    31,104
    Cash
    56,077
    Mentioned
    2038 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    what do you guys think about Matuidi at LB in the future some time? hes tall, strong, plays wide very often (even when hes a CM), so he should be able to pull it off in theory.

    please discuss
    Should have kept Asa then, he'd do the same, but on lower wages.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  2. #1082
    LIQUID PEASANT Hydde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Panama City, Panama
    Posts
    34,494
    Cash
    38,771
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    Should have kept Asa then, he'd do the same, but on lower wages.
    After the inter proposal, that was just not possible.
    But what zizinho suggested makes seense if we bring better ballplaying midfielders as starters, and also give more chances to players like Betancur, who have higher ceiling than matuidi for sure.
    KHDownloads

    Click the link please

  3. #1083
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    38,390
    Cash
    1,300,605
    Mentioned
    2160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    Should have kept Asa then, he'd do the same, but on lower wages.
    Matuidi has a better engine tho

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydde View Post
    After the inter proposal, that was just not possible.
    But what zizinho suggested makes seense if we bring better ballplaying midfielders as starters, and also give more chances to players like Betancur, who have higher ceiling than matuidi for sure.
    thats what i had in mind. better mids would mean Matuidi wouldnt (or atleast, shouldnt) start anymore, and if we sell AS, he has better chances of starting against Darmian or Spinazzola who will be recovering from injury. id like to see him play there once, just to know if he can do it
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sell H16UAIN!!!

  4. #1084
    Juventuz star Juliano13's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,418
    Cash
    7,109
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydde View Post
    After the inter proposal, that was just not possible.
    But what zizinho suggested makes seense if we bring better ballplaying midfielders as starters, and also give more chances to players like Betancur, who have higher ceiling than matuidi for sure.
    We should have renewed Asa earlier, before the Inter proposal.

  5. #1085
    LIQUID PEASANT Hydde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Panama City, Panama
    Posts
    34,494
    Cash
    38,771
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    Matuidi has a better engine tho

    - - - Updated - - -



    thats what i had in mind. better mids would mean Matuidi wouldnt (or atleast, shouldnt) start anymore, and if we sell AS, he has better chances of starting against Darmian or Spinazzola who will be recovering from injury. id like to see him play there once, just to know if he can do it
    Yeh i knew it was for that reason. And i agree totally.

    We need high technique in the midfield and less raw muscle. And looking at our targets in the mercato..we are aiming for that.

    With all respect to Blaise, he really is not technical and we need tech mids to support our attackers
    KHDownloads

    Click the link please

  6. #1086
    Juventuz regular edgardavids2608's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Im not sure
    Posts
    2,433
    Cash
    4,531
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I would like to keep Matuidi and Khedira as backups. I think we could be loosing a lot of our professional base to the team to fast if we lose to many of these guys in one season. Buffon,Lichtsteiner, Matuidi,Khedira, Barza?, Mandzukic....Thats a lot of locker room experience to lose. Keep a few of them for another season or two and let them take more limited roles. Plus Marchisio?
    "I would say that I am having less sex now that Im playing in Serie B there is more to think about in this division.

  7. #1087
    Juventuz star Juliano13's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,418
    Cash
    7,109
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgardavids2608 View Post
    I would like to keep Matuidi and Khedira as backups. I think we could be loosing a lot of our professional base to the team to fast if we lose to many of these guys in one season. Buffon,Lichtsteiner, Matuidi,Khedira, Barza?, Mandzukic....Thats a lot of locker room experience to lose. Keep a few of them for another season or two and let them take more limited roles. Plus Marchisio?
    It's dangerous. If we don't get the right replacements it could really be the end of the era.

  8. #1088
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    38,390
    Cash
    1,300,605
    Mentioned
    2160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydde View Post
    Yeh i knew it was for that reason. And i agree totally.

    We need high technique in the midfield and less raw muscle. And looking at our targets in the mercato..we are aiming for that.

    With all respect to Blaise, he really is not technical and we need tech mids to support our attackers
    found out now that he played at LB 13 times when he was a youngster in St Etienne

    https://www.transfermarkt.com/blaise...ner_id/0/pos/4

    time to revive the defender in him
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sell H16UAIN!!!

  9. #1089
    Juventuz regular edgardavids2608's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Im not sure
    Posts
    2,433
    Cash
    4,531
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I just dont see the benefit of losing all if them if we can keep some and have Khedira and Matuidi be more of a Barzagli role
    "I would say that I am having less sex now that Im playing in Serie B there is more to think about in this division.

  10. #1090
    LIQUID PEASANT Hydde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Panama City, Panama
    Posts
    34,494
    Cash
    38,771
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    found out now that he played at LB 13 times when he was a youngster in St Etienne

    https://www.transfermarkt.com/blaise...ner_id/0/pos/4

    time to revive the defender in him
    #itstime
    KHDownloads

    Click the link please

  11. #1091
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    24,762
    Cash
    27,584
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    what do you guys think about Matuidi at LB in the future some time? hes tall, strong, plays wide very often (even when hes a CM), so he should be able to pull it off in theory.

    please discuss
    Horrible ball control, and what about crossing ability?
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  12. #1092
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    38,390
    Cash
    1,300,605
    Mentioned
    2160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    Horrible ball control, and what about crossing ability?
    i think both are on an OK level for a fullback when on form, but he was hugely out of form since his injury. i want to see him there just once, when hes in top form. i think he can do a very good job
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sell H16UAIN!!!

  13. #1093
    LIQUID PEASANT Hydde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Panama City, Panama
    Posts
    34,494
    Cash
    38,771
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    I have never seen him crossing, or maybe i dont remember. He looks like cant cross for shid anyways.

    Any crossing compilation from matuidi? Lol
    KHDownloads

    Click the link please

  14. #1094
    Juventuz addict pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,547
    Cash
    12,601
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgardavids2608 View Post
    I would like to keep Matuidi and Khedira as backups. I think we could be loosing a lot of our professional base to the team to fast if we lose to many of these guys in one season. Buffon,Lichtsteiner, Matuidi,Khedira, Barza?, Mandzukic....Thats a lot of locker room experience to lose. Keep a few of them for another season or two and let them take more limited roles. Plus Marchisio?
    We're signing Can on 6m(?) wages and hopefully another midfielder on a starter wages, I dont think we can afford to have expensive oldies 4m Khedira and 5m Matuidi as backups, one of them has to go

  15. #1095
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    24,762
    Cash
    27,584
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    We're signing Can on 6m(?) wages and hopefully another midfielder on a starter wages, I dont think we can afford to have expensive oldies 4m Khedira and 5m Matuidi as backups, one of them has to go
    How about both?
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  16. #1096
    Juventuz regular edgardavids2608's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Im not sure
    Posts
    2,433
    Cash
    4,531
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    We're signing Can on 6m(?) wages and hopefully another midfielder on a starter wages, I dont think we can afford to have expensive oldies 4m Khedira and 5m Matuidi as backups, one of them has to go
    Probably so. It depends if Marchisio is staying(he should be and hope he does). But I think we have some wages clearing off the books as well.
    Buffon 4.5
    Mandzukic 3.5 I think
    One of the midfielders ~3 mil
    Lichsteiner and asa
    Matuidi is only on 3.5 I think
    "I would say that I am having less sex now that Im playing in Serie B there is more to think about in this division.

  17. #1097
    Juventuz champion Amer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    6,650
    Cash
    9,579
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Good game so far vs Belgium. Crucial in midfield.

  18. #1098
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    38,390
    Cash
    1,300,605
    Mentioned
    2160 Post(s)
    beast. hope we see more of it next season in CL

    - - - Updated - - -

    Can is better tho @Edgardavidswhatever
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sell H16UAIN!!!

  19. #1099
    Juventuz champion Boksic's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    7,726
    Cash
    7,644
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Superb game today, he's had a very good tournament.
    Del Piero 289
    Boniperti 182
    Bettega 178

    Grazie Alex

  20. #1100
    Juventuz regular ADP1897's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    1,519
    Cash
    34,425
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Grinta embodiement

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Blaise Matuidi - DM - PSG
    By Mark in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 1784
    Last Post: 16.08.2017, 18:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •