Blaise Matuidi - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 48
Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Blaise Matuidi

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    And do tell me why do we must even entertain the possibility of conceding the play to tottenham and counter?

Why can't we simply bully tottenham and force them to concede the play as we are the top team and the better team?

Don't you see the paradox?

Psychologically, when we concede the play, we do look like a pretender who couldn't back the status of a top team.

After all the general consensus is that the better team would be the one dictating the play while the worse one concede it.
    We adapt our style of play based on the opponent we are playing. How is that so hard to understand?

Tottenham is gonna be the most dangerous when given space, so we sit deep and counter them, taking away their biggest strength.

But no, let's make the game and pressure them like crazy, running into counters ourselfs...

The prideful Pep disease still spreading it seems: Must play beautiful. Must control possession. Must not adapt - even though it would make your game way easier, It's a sign of weakness.
    I alpha male. I not adapt. I stronK.

Such bull$#@!. Tactics are there to give you an advantage over your opponent. We know what they are good at, so let's adapt, no?

Nahhh...let's just go and "bully them"
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

M.M. <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Pfft only pussies like Allegri adapt their gameplan to how other teams play. We should just go out and bully them.

Even if we lose and go out in the round of 16 at least we can look back months from now and remember all that possession

Cash
    Mentioned
    533 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hist View Post
    Stu will play like a mad dog and prove you all wrong again
    The delusion is strong with this one. Prove us wrong again? Perhaps prove us wrong for once is more appropriate.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

Cash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    And do tell me why do we must even entertain the possibility of conceding the play to tottenham and counter?

Why can't we simply bully tottenham and force them to concede the play as we are the top team and the better team?

Don't you see the paradox?

Psychologically, when we concede the play, we do look like a pretender who couldn't back the status of a top team.

After all the general consensus is that the better team would be the one dictating the play while the worse one concede it.
    Maybe that's the general consensus in Catalonia, but globally football is still decided by goals scored not possession kept. In my eyes the better team would be the one winning the game while the worse one would lose it.

Cash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    We adapt our style of play based on the opponent we are playing. How is that so hard to understand?

Tottenham is gonna be the most dangerous when given space, so we sit deep and counter them, taking away their biggest strength.

But no, let's make the game and pressure them like crazy, running into counters ourselfs...

The prideful Pep disease still spreading it seems: Must play beautiful. Must control possession. Must not adapt - even though it would make your game way easier, It's a sign of weakness.
    I alpha male. I not adapt. I stronK.

Such bull$#@!. Tactics are there to give you an advantage over your opponent. We know what they are good at, so let's adapt, no?

Nahhh...let's just go and "bully them"

This.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    Maybe that's the general consensus in Catalonia, but globally football is still decided by goals scored not possession kept. In my eyes the better team would be the one winning the game while the worse one would lose it.
    Exactly.

Cash
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GiocataGrande View Post
    Valid point. But for how long will we do this ? Are we going to sit deep and let them dictate play in Juventus Stadium? we need to bring something to the table.

We lost to Bayern trying to play the same way, im not sure its ideal when we finish at their ground. Tottenham will eventually punish us if we try to turtle our way to the next stage like pussies
    I don't want to leave initiative to Tottenham. Rather just want us to outsmart them thru clever and controlled attacking, leaving little room for Tottenham to hits us on counter attacks or direct balls behind our backline. Real Madrid failed that and that's the biggest reason why they lost. Zidane seemed clueless about Tottenham's strengths. We attack their defense when it is exposed; often it's three defenders (two centre-backs and a outer back) and Dier that is left behind when Tottenham attacks. Strike when opportune, control when needed. Let Tottenham face our strongest asset and force them to open our defense on the ball instead of off the ball.

I mean who in their right mind would want our defenders and midfielders in a gung-ho running competition against Tottenham?
    Much Love, bitches!

Cash
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    The delusion is strong with this one. Prove us wrong again? Perhaps prove us wrong for once is more appropriate.

And some say Beppe cant keep players that ask to be transferred.

Haters gonna hate on our silent heroes Beppe and Stururururu
    Hist: 1 decent starter, 1 worldclass, 1 bench, 2 out
    Post Ironic: 0 World class 2 decent-good starters. 1 bench player.
    DelPiero84: 3 world class, 2 bench.
    Zizinho: 2 world class, 1 very good starter and the rest for bench.
    Quetzalcoatl: 1 world class, 1 good starter, 2 bench and Staruro out.
    Alex Juventino: 2 World Class, 2 decent starters and 1 bench
    IgorTudor: 0 world class, 2 good starters, 3 bench
    ADP1897: 1 World Class, One good starter, and 3 Bench

Juventuz star

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We have a better team even with the injuries we have right now. We have the experience as well. Allegri is smarter and will take advantage of our strengths.

If marchisio is available he needs to start...he adds so much to our midfield.

Cash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy;[B
    5675561]I don't want to leave initiative to Tottenham. Rather just want us to outsmart them thru clever and controlled attacking, leaving little room for Tottenham to hits us on counter attacks or direct balls behind our backline[/B]. Real Madrid failed that and that's the biggest reason why they lost. Zidane seemed clueless about Tottenham's strengths. We attack their defense when it is exposed; often it's three defenders (two centre-backs and a outer back) and Dier that is left behind when Tottenham attacks. Strike when opportune, control when needed. Let Tottenham face our strongest asset and force them to open our defense on the ball instead of off the ball.

I mean who in their right mind would want our defenders and midfielders in a gung-ho running competition against Tottenham?
    Agree. if we face them with composure, focus and grinta , i am confident we will advance to next stage. I also understand that being tactically adaptable is needed in this match up, as Spurs loves attacking on the counter with pace, and often by playing quick, fast paced plays.

I still think Matuidi would do great chasing down second balls, provocing errors etc, i really feel he excels against these types of teams.

I just hope we keep playing and stay proud on that pitch. Apart from the 7-0 game last week, I have to admit a lot of our displays has looked kind of "uninspired" which is very understandable given the lack of real challenge in Serie A.

Spurs however, is an opponent that should wake the players up and bring out the best in them.

Excited for the game.
    "Vincere non e' importante. E' l'unica cosa che conta”

Cash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    We are going to miss his intensity and workrate against Tottenham.

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedved96 View Post
    We are going to miss his intensity and workrate against Tottenham.
    Dude we're missing it against Fiorentina

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1979 Post(s)
    ishe gonna be fit for the return leg?
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sign Max Meyer!!!

Sell Higuain!!!

Cash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I bloody hope so

Cash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    We missed him but we missed way more Max's pair of..... player
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity". E.A.P.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd" M.D.C.

Optimist Prime

Cash
    Mentioned
    2338 Post(s)
    https://mobile.twitter.com/juventusf...com%2Fjuventus

Training with the first team again. Looks to be back

- - - Updated - - -

Blaise Matuidi returned to group training for today's session dedicated to fitness, ball possession and a warm-up game.

Mattia De Sciglio did not take part in the workout after picking up a knock to his left thigh during the derby: after today’s initial tests, the full-back will undergo further check-ups over the coming days.
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Cash
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustini View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/juventusf...com%2Fjuventus

Training with the first team again. Looks to be back

- - - Updated - - -

Blaise Matuidi returned to group training for today's session dedicated to fitness, ball possession and a warm-up game.

Mattia De Sciglio did not take part in the workout after picking up a knock to his left thigh during the derby: after today’s initial tests, the full-back will undergo further check-ups over the coming days.
    He's looking at Folletti in that photo isn't he?

Optimist Prime

Cash
    Mentioned
    2338 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
    He's looking at Folletti in that photo isn't he?
    Folletti took the photo. That’s how he keeps track of his victims.
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Cash
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustini View Post
    Folletti took the photo. That’s how he keeps track of his victims.
    He probably uses all his camera storage in a couple of days.

Optimist Prime

Cash
    Mentioned
    2338 Post(s)
    Probably has cloud storage as a workaround.
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Cash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I just imagined him during the analog era (was he a fitness coach already then?). Taking the pictures of his victims during the training sessions and then making them in his dark-room... The victims.