Mattia De Sciglio - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 63
Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1332
    Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    616 Post(s)
    If he wasn't injured for a third of games I wouldn't be in the slightest concerned about the right back spot.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    2nd best player behind Dybala
    Tanu VS Mark - Tuz Mercato Championship

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanu_Mz View Post
    SMS to my knowledge is done.
    Icardi they are working on; at this stage I believe that it will be very unlikely for Pipita to stay

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    30/5/2018

Vs

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Lewa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Pogba
    31/05/2018

VERRATTI IS A FANTASY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE

Cash
    Mentioned
    812 Post(s)
    This guy looks good, but he can't stay fit for any reasonable stretch of matches to find form.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2366 Post(s)
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    2041 Post(s)
    @dru
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sign Max Meyer!!!

Sell H16UAIN!!! ICARDI!!!!

Cash
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    This guy looks good, but he can't stay fit for any reasonable stretch of matches to find form.
    Fitness is an issue for several players at this club
    only because of @The Pado

Quote Originally Posted by Dule90 View Post
    Put your hands down my pants.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1444 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    2nd best player behind Dybala
    That's Asamoah
    Ban Cronios

Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1512 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    Yep. That’s obviously been the main problem with him this season. But almost every time he’s played this season, he’s been solid as $#@!. Very shrewd signing from us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

Juventuz regular

Cash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I hope he improves his crossing

Cash
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Well done to him - he'll be out for 3 matches now.

Juventuz star

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hugely criticised the transfer but reality is good Italian coaches know how to get the best from him. Allegri and conte. Just needs a good injury free season and he will show he is a quality right back.

Cash
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    I find him below average in attack and average in defence.

Cash
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Definitely a downgrade on Prime Licht and Dani Alves from last season.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

Puzzle Bobble Champion Donkey Kong Champion Skate Park Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Definitely a downgrade from those guys, but I think he's a good player for squad depth. Health is clearly the biggest issue.

We need a starting RB still, but 12M is not a lot of money in this market. I still think it was a good low risk buy.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2366 Post(s)
    Mattia De Sciglio Is At His Best Under Old Friend Max Allegri At Juventus

By Adam Digby
    Tuesday 13th March 2018

As Juventus took on against Tottenham Hotspur last week, it was a change out wide that eventually swung the Champions League last-16 tie in their favour. Despite needing to win at Wembley to stand any hope of reaching the quarterfinals, Max Allegri had been cautious with his starting XI, naming Andrea Barzagli at right-back as he looked to contain the various attacking threats at Spurs’ disposal.

Yet when they fell behind to Son Heung-Min’s first-half goal, the Juve boss sent on Stephan Lichtsteiner and Kwadwo Asamoah, then watched as the drive and energy they brought helped the Bianconeri to a 2-1 victory. The Swiss defender’s contribution was obvious as it was his cross that directly led to Gonzalo Higuain’s equaliser, but while the impact of those substitutes was key, it is clear that the Old Lady needs more than just gritty determination from her full-backs.

Indeed, while Asamoah has proven himself to be a quality deputy for first-choice left-back Alex Sandro – a matter discussed at length in this previous column – and that cross from Lichtsteiner was crucial to Juve’s European progression, neither man provides enough quality on a week-to-week basis at this stage of their respective careers.

Enter Mattia De Sciglio. Signed from AC Milan back in the summer at a cost of €12 million, it was hoped that the 25-year-old would make the right-back slot his own just as Sandro has on the opposite flank. Rotation, injuries and a heavy amount of tactical tinkering from Allegri have stalled his integration, but against Udinese on Sunday, the Italy international provided a complete showcase of his talent.

Mattia De Sciglio (@mattia_desci) v Udinese: 3 tackles, 3 clearances, 3/4 aerial duels won, 1 blocked cross, 3/3 take-ons successful, 76/86 passes (88.4%), 1 scoring chance created (via @StatsZone) #JuveUdinese https://t.co/RzoU7nBBeT
    Follow
    16:09 PM - 12th Mar 18

Playing from the outset, he delivered a superb performance in the pouring rain at Juventus Stadium, with the graphic in the tweet above highlighting his contribution in detail. De Sciglio was a constant outlet in attack and his understanding with Douglas Costa is beginning to become a dangerous partnership for any opposition they come up against. With the Brazilian able to cut inside at pace onto his favoured left foot, the full-back’s overlapping runs and crossing ability stretch defences and open up gaps the duo can then exploit.

Without the ball, De Sciglio was diligent and effective, allowing Udinese little room to manoeuvre on his side of the pitch and helping Juve keep their 19th clean sheet in their last 22 outings. That is in keeping with his contributions throughout the campaign, the Bianconeri conceding just four goals in the 13 matches he has started as he adds to the attack without compromising any of their trademark defensive solidity.

The Udinese match was a feature-length version of what Lichtsteiner had done in a 29-minute cameo against Tottenham, the 34-year-old no longer able to sustain that standard for a full game. De Sciglio can however, and the team looks much sharper and more well-balanced when he does, while the man himself insists his clean-cut appearance is no indicator of the toughness he regularly displays on the field.

"Just because I have a ‘baby face’ doesn't mean that I don't have an edge to my game and play with personality." he told Juventus' official website back in December. "I just think about letting my performances on the pitch do the talking. I have always stayed calm knowing that I needed to do a lot of work to get back to my best. That combined with the confidence shown in me by my coaches and team-mates have done the rest.”

With his development seemingly stalled at Milan, it should really be no surprise that playing under Allegri once again has seen a return to the form he displayed during their time together with the Rossoneri. “He had two good years with me but then got a bit lost,” the Juve boss told a press conference last August, while his protege has readily admitted he is happy to be back playing for the 50-year-old Coach.

"Mister Allegri has been important from the beginning of my career,” De Sciglio said in an interview with Sky Italia. “He has shown that he believes in me, as he had done while I was in Milan. It makes me work with a lot of calmness and confidence. When you're given confidence in your ability, you play your best.”

During his time so far with the Bianconeri, Mattia De Sciglio has done just that, and fans of Juventus will be hoping his “best” just keeps on getting better.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.thesportsman.com/article...ri-at-juventus
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Cash
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Dat pass to Dybala

Cash
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    My god, better passer than Pirlo!!!
    "Hell is for HEROES!"

Juventuz star

Cash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    has potential to be a world class full back, definitely not alves/carlos/zambrotta level, but still a bit on the world class range, only need consistency and smarter movement on and off the ball.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2366 Post(s)

@Dru
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    2041 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    Finally

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jem83 View Post
    You know ... And I'm not saying I expect this to be the most likely scenario or anything...

But football is actually so weird that we may see Bonny struggling at Milan and De Sciglio doing really well here. You just never know.

People were laughing at Cannavaro too, during his Inter days.

I'm not expecting MDS to have the impact that the latter had, but for now I'm gonna have some faith and just hope for the best.

We will deploy him at right back at all times, which is where he thrives. At Milan he played left back many times, which clearly isn't his best position.

Also, he had some pretty damn good games for them with Max at the helm, and I remember some really good performances from him with the Azzurri.

What's 12 million these days, anyway. We are in dire need of RBs, and I'm glad we're giving The Sciglio a chance.
    Dam right!
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sign Max Meyer!!!

Sell H16UAIN!!! ICARDI!!!!