Wojciech Szczęsny (4 Viewers)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Wojciech Tomasz Szczęsny (born 18 April 1990) is a Polish professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for Roma on loan from Arsenal, and for the Poland national team.

After starting his career at Legia Warsaw, Szczęsny signed for Arsenal in 2006, where he made his professional debut in 2009. He later became the club's first choice goalkeeper, winning two FA Cups and being the joint recipient (with Petr Čech) of the 2013–14 Premier League Golden Glove.

Szczęsny has earned more than 25 caps for Poland from his debut in 2009, and was included in the nation's squad as it co-hosted UEFA Euro 2012.

Szczęsny was born in Warsaw. He is the son of Maciej Szczęsny, who was also a professional goalkeeper, having played for Legia Warszawa, Widzew Łódź, Polonia Warsaw and Wisła Kraków, along with seven games for the Poland national team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Attachments

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He's a very very good GK who is coming in at the right time and the right age.

People severely underrate this guy

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
3 things I gotta say.

1) I think he will surprise many because he's a quality keeper
2) I think he's gonna play a lot next season, possibly more than Buffon, while everyone keeps saying how he's a backup which I doubt
3) His wages are supposed to be quite high and I don't like simply because next season when Gigi retires it means he's staying as our first option, no Donnarummas here or next Buffons

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
3 things I gotta say.

1) I think he will surprise many because he's a quality keeper
2) I think he's gonna play a lot next season, possibly more than Buffon, while everyone keeps saying how he's a backup which I doubt
3) His wages are supposed to be quite high and I don't like simply because next season when Gigi retires it means he's staying as our first option, no Donnarummas here or next Buffons
Well, most people say that he is the next Buffon, so he is out of the question.

Besides, wouldn't it make sense to have a quality keeper come in now and be ready to take over next year? How much would a keeper of his level cost next year, with everyone knowing that we need to replace Buffon?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Besides, wouldn't it make sense to have a quality keeper come in now and be ready to take over next year? How much would a keeper of his level cost next year, with everyone knowing that we need to replace Buffon?
Donna has a 70m release clause I believe :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

He's a very very good GK who is coming in at the right time and the right age.

People severely underrate this guy
I'm actually excited for him. Won't be in the same stratosphere as Buffon but still good.

- - - Updated - - -

Before or after our date? :scared:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Depth made up of Quality is what big clubs are about. Not many clubs can boast about having two WC goalkeepers and we can safely do that now.

Welcome Scezney. :beer:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
No.

But he'll do okay in the future.
Lets see about that.

Majority keeps mentioning a new GK next year to replace Gigi, believe me. It ain't gonna happen.

I'm not saying we're making a shit move. I'm just saying he'll just keep playing here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)