Top 10 Players of This Generation (2 Viewers)

May 23, 2013
As we approach the end of the generation of Messi/Ronaldo, Tiki Taka, Super Teams, Spanish domination, EPL ridiculous popularity, and ridiculous money I think its time we look back at the best of the generation. IMO an appropriate period for this gen would be 2006 to present day. My list would be:

1. Messi
2. C. Ronaldo
3. Pirlo
4. Xavi
5. Suarez
6. Iniesta
7. Robben
8. Modric
9. Lewandowski
10. Chiellini

I've probably forgotten some names but its late at night and im tired.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Chiellini. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

As we approach the end of the generation of Messi/Ronaldo, Tiki Taka, Super Teams, Spanish domination, EPL ridiculous popularity, and ridiculous money I think its time we look back at the best of the generation. IMO an appropriate period for this gen would be 2006 to present day. My list would be:

1. Messi
2. C. Ronaldo
3. Pirlo
4. Xavi
5. Suarez
6. Iniesta
7. Robben
8. Modric
9. Lewandowski
10. Chiellini

I've probably forgotten some names but its late at night and im tired.

I've you really want a Juventusplayer there: Replace Chiellini with Buffon.

OP
Afghan_juventus
May 23, 2013
  • Thread Starter #6
    Chiellini is great but he shouldn't be there. If there's a CB that needs to be in the list then that's Ramos who's for some reason underrated here.
    Really? He comes up with the goals at the big moments more than any defender in history but in terms of actual defending I wouldnt put him near Chiellini. Messi would never humiliate Chiellini like he has Ramos.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Really? He comes up with the goals at the big moments more than any defender in history but in terms of actual defending I wouldnt put him near Chiellini. Messi would never humiliate Chiellini like he has Ramos.
    I think Ramos' defending abilities are very underrated. He's a lot faster than Chiellini and won't get caught as much. There's a reason why he plays so long for the best club in the world.

Like Pirlo and Xavi?
    I was just joking seeing how he's a dino in the list :D

OP
    Afghan_juventus
    May 23, 2013
  • Thread Starter #11
    I think Ramos' defending abilities are very underrated. He's a lot faster than Chiellini and won't get caught as much. There's a reason why he plays so long for the best club in the world.
    Eh, maybe its the bias because of the Bonucci move but I can't find anything that Sergio best Chiellini in other than goal scoring, passing, and speed, 2 of which have nothing to do with defending.

Also id argue this year and 2014 are the only years Madrid has been the best with Ramos.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I'll work on my list :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

1. Messi
    2. C. Ronaldo
    3. Iniesta
    4. Pirlo
    5. Ibrahimovic
    Nice list but can I get 5 more?

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
    Eh, maybe its the bias because of the Bonucci move but I can't find anything that Sergio best Chiellini in other than goal scoring, passing, and speed, 2 of which have nothing to do with defending.

Also id argue this year and 2014 are the only years Madrid has been the best with Ramos.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice list but can I get 5 more?
    Done! There's some old ones like Buffon or Iniesta, but it's kinda hard to define this generation. They probably belong on the one before this one

OP
    Afghan_juventus
    May 23, 2013
  • Thread Starter #14
    Done! There's some old ones like Buffon or Iniesta, but it's kinda hard to define this generation. They probably belong on the one before this one
    The thing is this generation is hard to define. Imo though they are older Iniesta and Xavi for example belong in this gen since it is where they rose to prominence. While someone like overlaps into 2 generations.

Maybe generation was the wrong word and era would be better........

- - - Updated - - -

Totti in his prime would enter my list, but hey, I'm a Romanista.
    Kaka could probably make some peoples lists too but not mine.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)