Danilo Pereira (5 Viewers)

libertadore

Jul 15, 2017

Danilo Luís Hélio Pereira (born 9 September 1991) is a Portuguese professional footballer who plays for FC Porto as a defensive midfielder.

Club career

Born in Bissau, Guinea-Bissau as the oldest child of Quinta Djata, a nurse, Pereira and his family moved to Portugal when he was five. He played his youth football with three clubs in the Lisbon area, finishing his formation with S.L. Benfica.

Benfica subsequently decided against signing Pereira to a professional contract, and Italian side Parma F.C. acquired him on a free transfer. He spent the second half of the 2010–11 season on loan to Aris Thessaloniki F.C. in Greece and, upon his return to the Stadio Ennio Tardini, made his first appearance in Serie A on 21 December 2011, coming on as a late substitute in a 3–3 home draw against Catania Calcio.

Pereira was loaned again for 2012–13, spending the campaign with Roda JC Kerkrade in the Eredivisie and being first-choice to help his team narrowly avoid relegation. On 1 August 2013 he broke all ties with Parma and returned to Portugal, joining C.S. Marítimo.

On 2 July 2015, after two seasons in Madeira as first-choice, Danilo signed a four-year contract with FC Porto also from the Primeira Liga, with a release clause of €40 million.

International career

Pereira chose to represent Portugal internationally. He was part of the under-20 side that finished second at the 2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Colombia, playing all seven games (six complete) and scoring in the 2–0 semifinal win over France.

Pereira made his senior international debut on 31 March 2015, replacing fellow debutant Bernardo Silva after 62 minutes of an eventual 0–2 friendly defeat to Cape Verde in Estoril. He was also selected for the UEFA Euro 2016 squad by manager Fernando Santos, scoring his first goal in the last warm-up game, a 7–0 win over Estonia in Lisbon on 8 June.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
libertadore

libertadore

Jul 15, 2017
  • Thread Starter #5

- - - Updated - - -

Would be a great replacement for Khedira. Classic partnership with Pjanic in center - defensive midfielder and playmaker.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    Is he the one that got red carded vs JUVE in chl? And if he's half as good as Alex Sandro I say do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    that was telles, the former inda player.

pereira is mainly a dm/cm who can play as a central defender, too. i guess we're fine with matuidi. also, beppe is after an other pereira from porto: ricardo pereira is a right back, who sent the last season on loan at nice.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    I thought we were going to sign Strootman? How many more mids do we need?

Pointless to spend extra 30-40m there when RB still needs to be fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)