Douglas Costa - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 97
Page 97 of 128 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2559

Thread: Douglas Costa

Cash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    What a game changer he was!!!! I even recalled an American Cup game where Messi were in the bench, people were obviously shouting his name, he went into the field and destroy the rival in 10 minutes.... I know I'm pushing it a bit but last night it felt that way with DC, in 2 minutes he changed everything
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity". E.A.P.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd" M.D.C.

Cash
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duranfj View Post
    What a game changer he was!!!! I even recalled an American Cup game where Messi were in the bench, people were obviously shouting his name, he went into the field and destroy the rival in 10 minutes.... I know I'm pushing it a bit but last night it felt that way with DC, in 2 minutes he changed everything
    Are you talking about the game in Nj? Cause if you are , I saw it live and totally agree
    "I love the sea... you know why? Because you can not see the end; the sea is the image of perfect freedom" -Allegri

" Gli antijuventini sono come le zanzare, fastidiosi ma possono solo sucare"

Cash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJuventino View Post
    Are you talking about the game in Nj? Cause if you are , I saw it live and totally agree
    exactly that one
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity". E.A.P.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd" M.D.C.

Juventuz star

Cash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Does series a even have that kind of marketing? this league is so prehistorically antique when it comes to international outreach.

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We better buy him....

Cash
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yuvay View Post
    We better buy him....
    Ofcourse we will

Rummenigge :

"Douglas Costa will definitely be sold to Juventus in the summer for €46m," Rummenigge said at his club's annual general meeting when the German champions announced a record turnover.
    http://www.espn.in/football/soccer-t...anent-transfer
    Tanu VS Mark - Tuz Mercato Championship

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanu_Mz View Post
    SMS to my knowledge is done.
    Icardi they are working on; at this stage I believe that it will be very unlikely for Pipita to stay

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    30/5/2018

Vs

Lewa/Pogba

Quote Originally Posted by Wittl View Post
    Need to change my avatar again. First Can, now Cancelo. So who shell I put there next? Milinkovic-Savic or Golovin? @Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    @Wittl CR7 av

VERRATTI IS A FANTASY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE

Cash
    Mentioned
    2096 Post(s)
    Just imagine if we had a normal referee in the madrid game, and at the start of extra time, one of Higuain/Manhero came off for quads baby

Costa - Cuadrado running at tired madrid fullbacks with some guy in the center to cross to

$#@!ING WOULD HAVE MADE THAT 0-6
    The F1 remains as of 2013 one of the fastest production cars ever made; as of July 2013 it is succeeded by very few cars including the Koenigsegg Agera R, the SSC Ultimate Aero TT,and the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. However, all of the superior top speed machines use forced induction to reach their top speeds, whereas the McLaren F1 is naturally aspirated.
    http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/41...=1#post4967497

Second coolest member! Juve_fanatic's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campionesidd View Post
    Mandzu is clutch in big games, but he can't score 30 goals a season like Higuain.
    So what? Play 5 games with Cuadrado-Dybala-Costa behind him and we will put your statement to the test.
    F*CK the 3-5-2

Banned

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What a signing this guy has been, everytime he gets on the ball it looks like something is going to happen. I really think 4-3-3 has to be the way forward for this team and if that means selling Higuain then so be it. We need to keep getting the best ouf of Costa and Dybala, Dybala should be able to adapt to a centre forward position and lead the line he is a very talented player and great finisher so I don't see why it can not work for him

Cash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juve_fanatic View Post
    So what? Play 5 games with Cuadrado-Dybala-Costa behind him and we will put your statement to the test.
    He has never been as prolific as Higuain in his entire career. 2 great games does not change that.

Cash
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Still remember how crazy good he was for us during his first half year, especially this game stands out.

Seems like Allegri gets the best out of him

Cash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juve_fanatic View Post
    Worth noting that Cuadrado doesn't have the pace he did 3-4 years ago. It's noticeable. He used to be able to blaze past players. Often now he will fake and make a short pass. He's an intelligent player though, his game isn't only based on speed. Not surprising though - Cuadrado is a few months away from 30, and one thing that is very evident is that players see their pace disappear very quickly between 27-30. Giovinco is another example - I have TFC season tickets so I see almost all the Toronto FC games. When he arrived, he was the best player in the league by far, and would make players look stupid constantly because he was fairly fast, and also very quick. Now he loses several footraces per match. He is still good because of his technical ability, but he is not long fast. Cuadrado still is fast, but materially slower than when he arrived.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    What a signing this guy has been, everytime he gets on the ball it looks like something is going to happen. I really think 4-3-3 has to be the way forward for this team and if that means selling Higuain then so be it. We need to keep getting the best ouf of Costa and Dybala, Dybala should be able to adapt to a centre forward position and lead the line he is a very talented player and great finisher so I don't see why it can not work for him
    Think you need a different coach for that...

Cash
    Mentioned
    2125 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campionesidd View Post
    He has never been as prolific as Higuain in his entire career. 2 great games does not change that.
    Maybe not in the league:

Higgy 27752 minutes, 230 goals, goal every 120 minutes
    Mandzo 23886 minutes, 132 goals, goal every 181 minutes

If we reduce it to only games they played as a CF however, Mandzu has 77 goals in 12276 minutes, or a goal every 159 minutes. Higuains ratio also improves, not as significantly as Marios tho - he has 190 goals in 22411 minutes, or a goal every 118 minutes.

In the CL, Mario has the advantage: 20 goals in 3912 minutes vs Higgys 23 goals in 4869 minutes. Goal every 195 vs 211 minutes. Numbers are from tm.

To add, Mario has shown in Bayern and here as well that he can lead the line for a champion teams attack. He isnt as prolific as Higuain, but as his career has shown, he doesent have to be

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BayernFan View Post
    Still remember how crazy good he was for us during his first half year, especially this game stands out.

Seems like Allegri gets the best out of him
    Who was it that said he might have played better under Jupp, i agree. Jupp made Shaqiri look class, hed have made DC one of the best wingers around
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sell H16UAIN!!!

Cash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I think we have brought more to his game and he has improved with us in a similar way to Cuadrado.

Both joined and were a bit like headless chickens with great dribbling but poor passing and tactics.

Costa seems to have learnt this and now seems more disciplined, which is why I think he won't suffer from a second season like he did at Bayern.

Only issue is that he can sometimes be a bit slack with his short passing.
    Del Piero 289
    Boniperti 182
    Bettega 178

Grazie Alex

Cash
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    It was amazing to see
    "Juventus is not just a football club, it's a way of understanding life. ~Italo Pietra

Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    They want money, dunno why,
    'cause I want a loan with an option to buy

Cash
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFL_ITALIA View Post
    It was amazing to see
    You were there as well?
    "I love the sea... you know why? Because you can not see the end; the sea is the image of perfect freedom" -Allegri

Cash
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    You were there as well?
    I was. Missed like the first 40 minutes though because $#@!ing MetLife is the worst stadium on the continent and traffic was bull$#@!.
    "Juventus is not just a football club, it's a way of understanding life. ~Italo Pietra

Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    They want money, dunno why,
    'cause I want a loan with an option to buy

Cash
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFL_ITALIA View Post
    I was. Missed like the first 40 minutes though because $#@!ing MetLife is the worst stadium on the continent and traffic was bull$#@!.
    Lmao I live like less than 20 mins from metlife so I got there no problems

Cash
    Mentioned
    2429 Post(s)
    Lmao I live like less than 20 mins from metlife so I got there no problems
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Cash
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post

Who was it that said he might have played better under Jupp, i agree. Jupp made Shaqiri look class, hed have made DC one of the best wingers around
    It was me

Aside from Lewandowski, most of Bayern's attackers looked quite poor under Ancelotti last year. People overreacted to him having a bad year in a team that underperformed (as far as their standards go), and never seemed to mesh well with Ancelotti's tactics.

It's night and day between this year and last for Costa. And this year he is even more impressive than under Guardiola because he's developed into an all-around player, showing responsibility and hard work tracking back and defending that he never was required to do under Poop.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.