Douglas Costa - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 128
Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128
Results 2,541 to 2,559 of 2559

Thread: Douglas Costa

Cash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vodka View Post
    is it only me or majority of coaches in national teams are absolute jokes?
    not absolute jokes, but hardly top level, yeah. I don't think the federations can afford to pay 5-7m + tax while top clubs easily pay that, the work with NTs is very part-time and the prestige is not there, so not really that surprising.

hard to make the switch back to clubs too, Prandelli and Donadoni f.e. completely fell off the map after coaching and doing decent with one of the most prestigious NTs out there

Cash
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    not absolute jokes, but hardly top level, yeah. I don't think the federations can afford to pay 5-7m + tax while top clubs easily pay that, the work with NTs is very part-time and the prestige is not there, so not really that surprising.

hard to make the switch back to clubs too, Prandelli and Donadoni f.e. completely fell off the map after coaching and doing decent with one of the most prestigious NTs out there
    Prandelli did terribly with Italy, went to Galatasaray immediately after and did poorly as well.
    "Juventus is not just a football club, it's a way of understanding life. ~Italo Pietra

Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    They want money, dunno why,
    'cause I want a loan with an option to buy

Cash
    Mentioned
    475 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFL_ITALIA View Post
    Prandelli did terribly with Italy, went to Galatasaray immediately after and did poorly as well.
    What? Prandelli made a mediocre looking Italy play really good football and got them (totally unexpected) to the 2012 EC final. He failed miserably two years later, but there was also talk about problems within the team. It still shouldn’t take away what he did with the team before 2014. He also made Fiorentina look like a top side in the CL, knocking out Liverpool and losing to the runners-up, Bayern Münich, mainly because of a retarded Norwegian ref.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2125 Post(s)
    how was 2012 Italy mediocre?
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sell H16UAIN!!!

Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hængebøffer View Post
    What? Prandelli made a mediocre looking Italy play really good football and got them (totally unexpected) to the 2012 EC final. He failed miserably two years later, but there was also talk about problems within the team. It still shouldn’t take away what he did with the team before 2014. He also made Fiorentina look like a top side in the CL, knocking out Liverpool and losing to the runners-up, Bayern Münich, mainly because of a retarded Norwegian ref.
    I agree, Prandelli was very good for Italy other than that horrendous 2014 World Cup. In that first game they played against Spain in the group stages, he actually showed the world the blueprint to stop tiki-taka, they drew that game 1-1 but IMO Italy deserved to win that game. He $#@!ed up by playing with a back 4 in the fins though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

Cash
    Mentioned
    475 Post(s)

Douglas Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero_Aus View Post
    I agree, Prandelli was very good for Italy other than that horrendous 2014 World Cup. In that first game they played against Spain in the group stages, he actually showed the world the blueprint to stop tiki-taka, they drew that game 1-1 but IMO Italy deserved to win that game. He $#@!ed up by playing with a back 4 in the fins though.
    And an injured Chiellini who was subbed after being involved in Spain’s first goal. The Italian team was out of energy for the final, though.

Cash
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    He got far, but that run reminds me of England at this year's World Cup. I give him full credit for defeating Germany though. There was the non-stop Montolivo lovefest too. And then yes, in 2014 that was abysmal.
    "Juventus is not just a football club, it's a way of understanding life. ~Italo Pietra

Cash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFL_ITALIA View Post
    he did great in 2012, nothing he could do in the final with the fitness issues Italians faced. of course he also $#@!ed up in 2014, so overall I'd say decent.

him or Donadoni not receiving a proposal from Serie A top of the table sides after their spells with Italy is just another argument as to why coaches would want to stay away from NTs, one of the most ungrateful jobs out there. you get paid little, the pressure of playing well, getting results and calling up everyones favorites is immense, you're working a part time job for at least 2 years and it's highly likely that your reputation will be damaged even if you do a decent job

Cash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Our player of the season 2018/2019

South American Champion Scottish's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    2012 Italy the idea was simply to put as many Juve players on the pitch in a 352 and hope for the best.

Definitaly overachieved though, especially when you consider that the line was led by Balotelli and Cassano (ironically both chronic underachievers in their careers)
    Currently rolling with: Fr3sh, DAiDEVIL, Simone Padoin

Fino Alla Fine fuckers.

Cash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by am0110 View Post
    Our player of the season 2018/2019
    I hope not.
    We need Ronaldo to win another Ballon D'Or.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2125 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
    2012 Italy the idea was simply to put as many Juve players on the pitch in a 352 and hope for the best.

Definitaly overachieved though, especially when you consider that the line was led by Balotelli and Cassano (ironically both chronic underachievers in their careers)
    but that particular year, Balotelli played on a high level. he won the EPL with City and scored 16 goals. Cassano was still in his prime, and the backups, Giovinco and di Natale, came off fantastic seasons in Serie A. no need to mention the all Juve defense i believe. midfield had 2012 version of Pirlo (top3 in balon dor voting if i remember correctly), Marchisio coming off one of his 3 best seasons, DDR was there, Thiago Motta was a starter in Paris. weak link were the wingbacks, Maggio/Abate and Giacch/Balzaretti (Criscito got injured before the tournament), but other areas were pretty good
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sell H16UAIN!!!

Cash
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    but that particular year, Balotelli played on a high level. he won the EPL with City and scored 16 goals. Cassano was still in his prime, and the backups, Giovinco and di Natale, came off fantastic seasons in Serie A. no need to mention the all Juve defense i believe. midfield had 2012 version of Pirlo (top3 in balon dor voting if i remember correctly), Marchisio coming off one of his 3 best seasons, DDR was there, Thiago Motta was a starter in Paris. weak link were the wingbacks, Maggio/Abate and Giacch/Balzaretti (Criscito got injured before the tournament), but other areas were pretty good
    This wasn't a poor team by any means.

Cash
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    Criscito wasn't injured. He was left out because of a match fixing probe, which later was dropped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cash
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    I bet we sell this guy to ManU in a couple weeks. They are looking for a winger, and apparently Mou has a hard-on for Dougie C.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Cash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Blasphemy
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity". E.A.P.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd" M.D.C.

CL Trophy Incoming... CrimsonianKing's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1841 Post(s)
    Apparently he's in Brazil supporting the club that launched his career. Respect. Classy dude that one.

Tu sei la squadra del cuore sempre in campo undici eroi

Cash
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duranfj View Post
    Blasphemy
    I don't want him sold, but Beppe needs Plusvalenza....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonianKing View Post
    Apparently he's in Brazil supporting the club that launched his career. Respect. Classy dude that one.

No no no. I was told he is greedy Bayern reject and locker room cancer.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    $#@! I thought that was Citeh shirt for a milisecond
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti