Douglas Costa - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 114
Page 114 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2559

Thread: Douglas Costa

  1. #2261
    Juventuz champion MikeM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Cash
    11,311
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigiventus View Post
    Its an unbelievable question to ask this season. The distance by which Immobile is Lazio's player of the season is hilarious.
    Is there a scenario where the player with the most goals is not the best player of the season?

  2. #2262
    Juventuz bench

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    765
    Cash
    2,202
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    SMS best player, immobile player of the season duh
    Exactly. Few clubs is this as clear as it is for Lazio.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Is there a scenario where the player with the most goals is not the best player of the season?
    There are 1000 scenarios where the player with most goals is not the player of the season. I'm not sure that Dybala is my player of the season either as there is also Chiellini who held up our defense by himself when 3/4th our backline were unreliable for long stretches of the season.

    Now, when a striker contributes to 52 goals for a club like Lazio there is absolutely no question. Not only is he their player of the season, his season is going into Lazio's history books. The rest is just a hipster opinion.

  3. #2263
    .......... Stevie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    11,991
    Cash
    7,809
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Is there a scenario where the player with the most goals is not the best player of the season?
    Very common but In our case and lazios Dybala and Immobile contributions stand out by a long way.

  4. #2264
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    56,959
    Cash
    31,851
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Is there a scenario where the player with the most goals is not the best player of the season?
    Pirlo at juventus?

    Youre joking right?

  5. #2265
    Juventuz champion MikeM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Cash
    11,311
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Pirlo at juventus?

    Youre joking right?
    Yes I was joking. Because my point was goals are not everything. If you play striker and the whole team sacrifices so you can score, then you should score.

    All that matters to me in player evaluation is whether you are doing your particular job better or worse than someone else in that position. For me, I would have a hard time finding a LM/RM I would prefer to Costa in our 4-4-2 this year. It's not easy for a wide midfielder to produce so many magical moments in a 2 striker formation.

  6. #2266
    Juventuz regular The Quazis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,437
    Cash
    6,022
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Yes I was joking. Because my point was goals are not everything. If you play striker and the whole team sacrifices so you can score, then you should score.

    All that matters to me in player evaluation is whether you are doing your particular job better or worse than someone else in that position. For me, I would have a hard time finding a LM/RM I would prefer to Costa in our 4-4-2 this year. It's not easy for a wide midfielder to produce so many magical moments in a 2 striker formation.
    I really used to like your posts before you fell into this 442, Dybala CF bull$#@!.

    Whole team sacrifices for a striker than he should score. What does that even suppose to mean? In your opinion to score a goal is the simplest part? Why then strikers are the most expensive and best paid players when it is enough to just put some tree upfront and invest in the rest of the team?
    Also, Costa barely played in 4231 because we only used it regularly at the start of the season when Douglas has never played. The wings were occupied by Mandzukic and Cuadrado before the latter got injured. After that we particularly ditched that formation in favor of 433.

    Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

  7. #2267
    Juventuz champion MikeM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Cash
    11,311
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Quazis View Post
    I really used to like your posts before you fell into this 442, Dybala CF bull$#@!.

    Whole team sacrifices for a striker than he should score. What does that even suppose to mean? In your opinion to score a goal is the simplest part? Why then strikers are the most expensive and best paid players when it is enough to just put some tree upfront and invest in the rest of the team?
    Also, Costa barely played in 4231 because we only used it regularly at the start of the season when Douglas has never played. The wings were occupied by Mandzukic and Cuadrado before the latter got injured. After that we particularly ditched that formation in favor of 433.

    Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    The team is sacrificing no matter how you look at it. It's easier to defend with 9 players. Most teams nowadays defend with a 4-5-1. We defend with a 4-4-2. We are asking 8 players behind the strikers to defend with the same efficiency as a team defends with 9. So they have to sacrifice. They have to run more. They can't make as many risky runs in behind because they will have no one to replace them in the two banks of four.

    I'm not a Dybala hater but he has the easiest position on the team. He does no defending and no grunt work against CBs. He just has to find space between the lines. He saves all his sprinting for the attack.

    There's no question that the team carries water for him and a lesser extent Higuain. If our defense manages to produce the same efficiency with only 8 as other teams produce with 9 then we should expect our attackers to provide that extra benefit.

    When you see how we get killed at home by Madrid in a 4-4-2 and we win away with a 4-3-3, you see how perhaps Higuain/Dybala is not really providing that extra benefit all the time.

    I don't understand how I have to explain the immense differences between a 2 striker formation and a 1 striker formation. If you have ever played as a midfielder in these 2 systems you should know, even at a juvenile level, how much harder it is and it is quite literally sacrifice for the attackers.

    There's a reason that UEFA makes a twitter post grouping Dybala, Higuain and Cuadrado as "attackers' and Cuadrado literally laughs at it.

  8. #2268
    Juventuz addict pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,278
    Cash
    12,035
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    The team is sacrificing no matter how you look at it. It's easier to defend with 9 players. Most teams nowadays defend with a 4-5-1. We defend with a 4-4-2. We are asking 8 players behind the strikers to defend with the same efficiency as a team defends with 9. So they have to sacrifice. They have to run more. They can't make as many risky runs in behind because they will have no one to replace them in the two banks of four.

    I'm not a Dybala hater but he has the easiest position on the team. He does no defending and no grunt work against CBs. He just has to find space between the lines. He saves all his sprinting for the attack.

    There's no question that the team carries water for him and a lesser extent Higuain. If our defense manages to produce the same efficiency with only 8 as other teams produce with 9 then we should expect our attackers to provide that extra benefit.

    When you see how we get killed at home by Madrid in a 4-4-2 and we win away with a 4-3-3, you see how perhaps Higuain/Dybala is not really providing that extra benefit all the time.

    I don't understand how I have to explain the immense differences between a 2 striker formation and a 1 striker formation. If you have ever played as a midfielder in these 2 systems you should know, even at a juvenile level, how much harder it is and it is quite literally sacrifice for the attackers.

    There's a reason that UEFA makes a twitter post grouping Dybala, Higuain and Cuadrado as "attackers' and Cuadrado literally laughs at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Ronaldo is way bigger than Juventus

  9. #2269
    Juventuz star campionesidd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,678
    Cash
    10,953
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Douglas Costa is the player of the season, no doubt about it. Only Dybala comes close.

  10. #2270
    Juventuz bench

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    765
    Cash
    2,202
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    All that matters to me in player evaluation is whether you are doing your particular job better or worse than someone else in that position. For me, I would have a hard time finding a LM/RM I would prefer to Costa in our 4-4-2 this year. It's not easy for a wide midfielder to produce so many magical moments in a 2 striker formation.
    How is this even related to who our best performer was? That's a discussion about the market.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    The team is sacrificing no matter how you look at it. It's easier to defend with 9 players. Most teams nowadays defend with a 4-5-1. We defend with a 4-4-2. We are asking 8 players behind the strikers to defend with the same efficiency as a team defends with 9. So they have to sacrifice. They have to run more. They can't make as many risky runs in behind because they will have no one to replace them in the two banks of four.

    There's no question that the team carries water for him and a lesser extent Higuain. If our defense manages to produce the same efficiency with only 8 as other teams produce with 9 then we should expect our attackers to provide that extra benefit.

    When you see how we get killed at home by Madrid in a 4-4-2 and we win away with a 4-3-3, you see how perhaps Higuain/Dybala is not really providing that extra benefit all the time.

    I don't understand how I have to explain the immense differences between a 2 striker formation and a 1 striker formation. If you have ever played as a midfielder in these 2 systems you should know, even at a juvenile level, how much harder it is and it is quite literally sacrifice for the attackers.

    There's a reason that UEFA makes a twitter post grouping Dybala, Higuain and Cuadrado as "attackers' and Cuadrado literally laughs at it.
    A whole bunch of more unrelated stuff.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I'm not a Dybala hater but he has the easiest position on the team. He does no defending and no grunt work against CBs. He just has to find space between the lines. He saves all his sprinting for the attack.
    Now this is just absurd. The trequartista the easiest position on the team... Done.

    Since you asked the question before, who was Lazio player of the season?

  11. #2271
    Juventuz champion Wittl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,570
    Cash
    15,178
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campionesidd View Post
    Douglas Costa is the player of the season, no doubt about it. Only Dybala comes close.
    Benatia for me.

  12. #2272
    King of Chlamydia Maddy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    16,449
    Cash
    126,553
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    So telling about our season, that we don't have a clear candidate for player of the season.

    Inconsistency all around. So much work to do in the preseason. Style, formation, new players.
    Much Love, bitches!

  13. #2273
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    24,661
    Cash
    27,369
    Mentioned
    610 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wittl View Post
    Benatia for me.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  14. #2274
    Juventuz champion Wittl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,570
    Cash
    15,178
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post

  15. #2275
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    24,661
    Cash
    27,369
    Mentioned
    610 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wittl View Post
    He's been solid, but a few blunders make it impossible to select him as player of the season.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  16. #2276
    Juventuz regular The Quazis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,437
    Cash
    6,022
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    The team is sacrificing no matter how you look at it. It's easier to defend with 9 players. Most teams nowadays defend with a 4-5-1. We defend with a 4-4-2. We are asking 8 players behind the strikers to defend with the same efficiency as a team defends with 9. So they have to sacrifice. They have to run more. They can't make as many risky runs in behind because they will have no one to replace them in the two banks of four.

    I'm not a Dybala hater but he has the easiest position on the team. He does no defending and no grunt work against CBs. He just has to find space between the lines. He saves all his sprinting for the attack.

    There's no question that the team carries water for him and a lesser extent Higuain. If our defense manages to produce the same efficiency with only 8 as other teams produce with 9 then we should expect our attackers to provide that extra benefit.

    When you see how we get killed at home by Madrid in a 4-4-2 and we win away with a 4-3-3, you see how perhaps Higuain/Dybala is not really providing that extra benefit all the time.

    I don't understand how I have to explain the immense differences between a 2 striker formation and a 1 striker formation. If you have ever played as a midfielder in these 2 systems you should know, even at a juvenile level, how much harder it is and it is quite literally sacrifice for the attackers.

    There's a reason that UEFA makes a twitter post grouping Dybala, Higuain and Cuadrado as "attackers' and Cuadrado literally laughs at it.
    Mike, let's clarify one thing. Do you think the formation is to blame for the presumed defending with eight players or the instructions Dybala receives from Mister to save his energy?
    I can give you plenty of examples of teams defending the same we do.
    1. Barcelona 2015.
    Do you want to tell me that all three MSN sacrificed in defence? They had Iniesta, Busquets and Rakitic behind who are not some defensive powerhouses neither.
    2. Atletico
    They play the old school 442 with two strikers upfront.
    3. Bayern
    Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Ribery

    Plus, we almost conquered Europe playing 4231 destroying Barcelona on our way.

    You mentioned our loss at home to Real but mind you we had Alex Sandro playing LWF who's a natural LB.

    Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

  17. #2277
    Juventuz bench

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    765
    Cash
    2,202
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^Spot on. Basically every big team doesn't defend as 4-5-1. Add Real Madrid to the list too. Chelsea with Hazard. Arsenal with Ozil.

  18. #2278
    Legendary G.O.A.T Xperd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    24,035
    Cash
    41,591
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campionesidd View Post
    Douglas Costa is the player of the season, no doubt about it. Only Dybala comes close.
    Dybala's first few months was as good as Douglas' final stretch

    The season spans over 10 months

    There is no unanimous choice on Juve's player of the season this year. Everyone chipped in, in decisive periods of the season.
    Tanu VS Mark - Tuz Mercato Championship


      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanu_Mz View Post
    SMS to my knowledge is done.
    Icardi they are working on; at this stage I believe that it will be very unlikely for Pipita to stay


    Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    30/5/2018

    Vs

    Lewa/Pogba

    Quote Originally Posted by Wittl View Post
    Need to change my avatar again. First Can, now Cancelo. So who shell I put there next? Milinkovic-Savic or Golovin? @Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    @Wittl CR7 av


    VERRATTI IS A FANTASY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE

  19. #2279
    Optimist Prime Hustini's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    77,552
    Cash
    208,664
    Mentioned
    2431 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    Dybala's first few months was as good as Douglas' final stretch

    The season spans over 10 months

    There is no unanimous choice on Juve's player of the season this year. Everyone chipped in, in decisive periods of the season.
    Yep. No one seemed to be able to have a good spell for the majority of the season this year.
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

    Lurkers have rights too.

  20. #2280
    Society's Reckoning Zacheryah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    41,231
    Cash
    114,498
    Mentioned
    2096 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    Dybala's first few months was as good as Douglas' final stretch

    The season spans over 10 months

    There is no unanimous choice on Juve's player of the season this year. Everyone chipped in, in decisive periods of the season.
    One can argue tho, that we played bigger teams at the final stretch, and the pressure was way higher as we always start slow
    The F1 remains as of 2013 one of the fastest production cars ever made; as of July 2013 it is succeeded by very few cars including the Koenigsegg Agera R, the SSC Ultimate Aero TT,and the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. However, all of the superior top speed machines use forced induction to reach their top speeds, whereas the McLaren F1 is naturally aspirated.
    http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/41...=1#post4967497

Similar Threads

  1. Douglas Costa - AM RL - Bayern Munich
    By Mark in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 1820
    Last Post: 11.07.2017, 16:10
  2. Douglas Costa
    By v1rtu4l in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 323
    Last Post: 15.01.2009, 21:53
  3. Douglas Maicon
    By mrborg in forum Multimedia
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26.01.2006, 04:38
  4. Rui Costa in crash scare
    By K10 in forum Club football
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 30.03.2005, 22:04
  5. Atletico Madrid next stop for Rui Costa?
    By Sivori in forum Club football
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05.08.2002, 06:35

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •