Champions League 2017/2018 - Club football - Juventuz Forums - Page 212
Page 212 of 521 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 10411

Cash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Then wouldn't it be easier for you to just become a Man City fan? This is a serious question btw, not an attack.
    FTFY

Banned

Cash
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campionesidd View Post
    Man what a moron you are. This City isn’t even as good as Pep’s Bayern and he couldn’t even get to the final in three years with that team.
    This City team is far more ruthless and dedicated to the cause than Pep's Bayern

His Bayern team seemed to lack the hunger that this City team is showing this season

I am far more impressed with his City team than his Bayern team

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    When will vialli start getting infractions @mods?
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sign Max Meyer!!!

Sell H16UAIN!!! ICARDI!!!!

Cash
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Man what a moron you are. This City isn’t even as good as Pep’s Bayern and he couldn’t even get to the final in three years with that team.
    As much as I think Vialli are jumping to conclusions to quick about City, I also think its to early to say if this City is worse than Peps Bayern. First year with City he was out already in round of 16, with Bayern he came to the SF, but got humiliated by Real Madrid as reigning champions of Europe, a thing I never forget or will forgive him for. It was totally unacceptable.

That said we are only in March, so a lot can still happen. Lets see how they fare against the mentioned world class teams.

Max Jr. Fan Club CrimsonianKing's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1805 Post(s)
    I love how according to himself he's never to blame when his teams $#@! up. Mourinho's mind games and arrogance only worked in his favor when he was a relevant coach. The guy's been living off of past glory days for how long now?
    Tu sei la squadra del cuore sempre in campo undici eroi

Banned

Cash
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BayernFan View Post
    As much as I think Vialli are jumping to conclusions to quick about City, I also think its to early to say if this City is worse than Peps Bayern. First year with City he was out already in round of 16, with Bayern he came to the SF, but got humiliated by Real Madrid as reigning champions of Europe, a thing I never forget or will forgive him for. It was totally unacceptable.

That said we are only in March, so a lot can still happen. Lets see how they fare against the mentioned world class teams.
    He really screwed up against RM

Bayern definitely were a stronger and better team but he played straight into their hands and let them counter attack so easily

I don't think his Bayern team ever fully bought into his philosophy and maybe why I don't think they showed the desire under him that I see with his City team this season

We will see what happens when they come up against some top teams so the jury is still out

Cash
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vialli_92 View Post
    He really screwed up against RM

Bayern definitely were a stronger and better team but he played straight into their hands and let them counter attack so easily

I don't think his Bayern team ever fully bought into his philosophy and maybe why I don't think they showed the desire under him that I see with his City team this season

We will see what happens when they come up against some top teams so the jury is still out
    Youre saying it yourself here, why I think Pep and City is in for a nasty surprise. Pep often do this (playing into the trap), but mostly he gets away with it because of superior players, and the opposition arent good enough exploiting it. He can do that all the time in the PL and the Bundesliga for most parts as well, (he had some really ugly results here as well, Wolfsburg away, Gladbach away, Dortmund home and so on), but he is too much of a dreamer and not realistic enough.

Its gonna bite him in the ass again beacause of his idea of only one way to approach a game.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1718 Post(s)
    When is the draw?

Cash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Man City are meh, typical Guardiola. Once he comes up against a superior team, he'll have know answers. If they get one of Bayern, Real or Barcelona they will go out for sure.

Banned

Cash
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BayernFan View Post
    Youre saying it yourself here, why I think Pep and City is in for a nasty surprise. Pep often do this (playing into the trap), but mostly he gets away with it because of superior players, and the opposition arent good enough exploiting it. He can do that all the time in the PL and the Bundesliga for most parts as well, (he had some really ugly results here as well, Wolfsburg away, Gladbach away, Dortmund home and so on), but he is too much of a dreamer and not realistic enough.

Its gonna bite him in the ass again beacause of his idea of only one way to approach a game.
    It's possible he will make the same mistake again

I think City are less susceptible to counters than his Bayern team but yes if you want to get at City counter attacks and high pressing seem to be one of the area's they aren't able to deal with so well

They are able to mask it most of the time with the way they win the ball back so quickly and hit them on the counter themselves so it will be good to watch if they can contain teams

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enron View Post
    When is the draw?
    I think it's Friday

Cash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Mourinho's post-match interview was amazing

Cash
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enron View Post
    When is the draw?
    https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...und=2000883/#/

friday 12:00 cet

Cash
    Mentioned
    812 Post(s)
    The guy is a bonehead.

He's calling City unstoppable like Bayern 2013 after the group stage and the Rof16. Teams gain and lose form throughout the season. This is why peaking too early is a problem. Real Madrid for example, and us too, are examples of teams that have learned to peak later in the season when it matters. One doesn't have to take top form right from September onwards, especially in CL.

As well, that Bayern team in 2013 looked anything but unstoppable before the QF matchup against us. They lost 3-1 to BATE Borisov on 2nd match day in the groups, and got spanked 2-0 by Arsenal at the Allianz, only progressing on the away goals rule. They only started looking unstoppable in the QFs against us and after that. They peaked at the right part of the year. March onwards.

City has proven nothing yet, played in an easy group, got the easiest Rof16 tie (still managed to lose at home against Basel), and until they beat a "good team" anyone predicting they are Bayern 2013 is just spouting nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    Napoli are obviously a more than "decent" opponent for City, even if they are an inferior version of something similar. The rest obviously true.
    Napoli is, yes. But I would say they had their minds on other things, seeing as they crashed out of the group stage with losses to Shaktar and Feyenoord as well.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Cash
    Mentioned
    487 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    The guy is a bonehead.
    He is trolling, y'all keep taking the bait.
    Much Love, bitches!

Cash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    The guy is a bonehead.

He's calling City unstoppable like Bayern 2013 after the group stage and the Rof16. Teams gain and lose form throughout the season. This is why peaking too early is a problem. Real Madrid for example, and us too, are examples of teams that have learned to peak later in the season when it matters. One doesn't have to take top form right from September onwards, especially in CL.

As well, that Bayern team in 2013 looked anything but unstoppable before the QF matchup against us. They lost 3-1 to BATE Borisov on 2nd match day in the groups, and got spanked 2-0 by Arsenal at the Allianz, only progressing on the away goals rule. They only started looking unstoppable in the QFs against us and after that. They peaked at the right part of the year. March onwards.

City has proven nothing yet, played in an easy group, got the easiest Rof16 tie (still managed to lose at home against Basel), and until they beat a "good team" anyone predicting they are Bayern 2013 is just spouting nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Napoli is, yes. But I would say they had their minds on other things, seeing as they crashed out of the group stage with losses to Shaktar and Feyenoord as well.

Allegri and Heyneckes are probably the best at managing a season.
    Last year, we looked so sluggish and pedestrian against Porto but were a completely different beast a few weeks later against Barca. This year, that may not happen given the injuries in our squad, but I wouldn't put it past Allegri to turn things up a couple of levels in the coming weeks.

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    If Chelsea plays the same way than they did in the first leg they stand a chance

Still going to be difficult in Camp Nou

Cash
    Mentioned
    2507 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    Mourinho's post-match interview was amazing
    It's gorgeous

Spent half my morning reading redcafe laughing my ass off, and watching epl pundits moan
    Völler is here with DAi.

Cash
    Mentioned
    969 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vialli_92 View Post
    That wouldn't be the same

Juve are the team i've followed since I was a kid and seen the great times and the bad times with

I defended us always through Calciopoli to anyone who talked $#@! about us

Supporting a different team wouldn't give me the same satisfaction Juve does

What happens if Barca go through a few bad years and go average? I'd just end up switching teams again in that case if I was willing to jump before

Juve has always been in my heart I could never change teams
    Please reconsider

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk
    En sidste kommentar herfra sku' lige være den
    at der Führer var en visionær af klasse
    der såfremt han var til stede den dag i dag
    ville la' fattigrøve & skvadderhoveder gasse

Cash
    Mentioned
    812 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    He is trolling, y'all keep taking the bait.
    It's just so much fun...
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    It's either Bayern or RMA that wins this year's CL