Champions League 2017/2018 - Club football - Juventuz Forums - Page 329
Page 329 of 329 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329
Results 6,561 to 6,572 of 6572
  1. #6561
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar
    Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    34,730
    Cash
    1,362,744
    Mentioned
    1931 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantes View Post
    They do. As did the old White Hart Lane, St James Park etc. Thing about atmosphere is that it's not really appreciable on a YouTube video filmed from someone's mobile 'phone, and something you have to experience in person by being there. Emirates, Etihad, Stamford Bridge, Wembley - not so much.

    Liverpool, although I can't stand them, will have an amazing / intimidating atmosphere for the Roma match (depending on your allegiance).

    Admittedly, those German stadiums are bouncing. Literally. They look great.

    P.S. @Enron. A Liverpool fan that isn't an delusioned and entitled whinger. Seems like a good lad.
    I dont think so. Ive seen enough games of those clubs to know the difference between EPL and BL. spanish teams as well, overrated atmosphere
    35 SUL CAMPO ✔

  2. #6562
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    26,415
    Cash
    45,942
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    I dont think so. Ive seen enough games of those clubs to know the difference between EPL and BL. spanish teams as well, overrated atmosphere
    But they are bouncing.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  3. #6563
    Primavera player Dantes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    118
    Cash
    776
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    I dont think so. Ive seen enough games of those clubs to know the difference between EPL and BL. spanish teams as well, overrated atmosphere
    I'm in no way a fan of Liverpool or Utd in any shape or form. But I have been to both Old Trafford and Anfield, and the atmosphere there IS everything it's cracked up to be. Of course, this doesn't apply to the entire PL. Some English stadia are dull and boring, but not those two.

    P.S. I'll leave it there but happy to discuss more in PL thread, don't want to derail this section from the CL conversations (warning to self).

  4. #6564
    World Boss

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Timeout Island
    Posts
    53,632
    Cash
    59,672
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post


    Their fans are enough of a reason to dislike them
    The Pool fans I know in real life are okay, unlike the others
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

  5. #6565
    Juventuz champion

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,712
    Cash
    16,805
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    The Pool fans I know in real life are okay, unlike the others
    Same Liverpool fans I know are decent. United and Arsenal fans tho

  6. #6566
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar
    Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    34,730
    Cash
    1,362,744
    Mentioned
    1931 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantes View Post
    I'm in no way a fan of Liverpool or Utd in any shape or form. But I have been to both Old Trafford and Anfield, and the atmosphere there IS everything it's cracked up to be. Of course, this doesn't apply to the entire PL. Some English stadia are dull and boring, but not those two.

    P.S. I'll leave it there but happy to discuss more in PL thread, don't want to derail this section from the CL conversations (warning to self).
    It may be a nice atmosphere, but it doesent hold a candle to BL stadiums, you dont need to be to stadiums to see that much. The stadiums are always full tho, Ill give you that
    35 SUL CAMPO ✔

  7. #6567
    World Boss

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Timeout Island
    Posts
    53,632
    Cash
    59,672
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerval View Post
    Same Liverpool fans I know are decent. United and Arsenal fans tho
    United fans are the worst in the world. The reason I hate United so much, cuz otherwise they're a decent club
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

  8. #6568
    Tickle Me Enron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    67,211
    Cash
    50,105
    Mentioned
    1698 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantes View Post
    They do. As did the old White Hart Lane, St James Park etc. Thing about atmosphere is that it's not really appreciable on a YouTube video filmed from someone's mobile 'phone, and something you have to experience in person by being there. Emirates, Etihad, Stamford Bridge, Wembley - not so much.

    Liverpool, although I can't stand them, will have an amazing / intimidating atmosphere for the Roma match (depending on your allegiance).

    Admittedly, those German stadiums are bouncing. Literally. They look great.

    P.S. @Enron. A Liverpool fan that isn't an delusioned and entitled whinger. Seems like a good lad.
    Thanks!

  9. #6569
    Juventuz regular BayernFan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,972
    Cash
    4,896
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    It may be a nice atmosphere, but it doesent hold a candle to BL stadiums, you dont need to be to stadiums to see that much. The stadiums are always full tho, Ill give you that


    Germans are very passionated people, in the 30´s - 40´s might have changed that word with fanatic When they first get an idea

  10. #6570
    Juventuz regular italiacalcio10's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,406
    Cash
    5,791
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Serie A atmospheres when packed are something incredible.
    The problem is that the stadia:
    -are old
    -often in inconvenient locations
    -way too big
    -in olympic style with track
    -Have implemented strict security rules that make it harder for fans to bring in the smoke/flairs that they used to bring

    Juventus Stadium is beautiful, the location isn't ideal, but it's still very comfortable. The olympico is ugly, and unless there is a rivalry, it is empty.

  11. #6571
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    23,900
    Cash
    25,603
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    I was watching how Higuain choked in WC 2014, Copa 2015 and 2016 when I came across this

    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  12. #6572
    Juventuz legend Hængebøffer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    22,239
    Cash
    36,639
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    So, Real aren’t even playing this weekend
    If just other countries gave the same privileges to their top teams as Spain do to Real and Barca.

Similar Threads

  1. Champions League 2016/2017
    By GordoDeCentral in forum Club football
    Replies: 11026
    Last Post: 30.05.2017, 14:58
  2. the "real Champions League"
    By the phoenix in forum Club football
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01.09.2002, 14:20
  3. Tudor - Champions League is my dream
    By dpforever in forum Player discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09.08.2002, 16:05
  4. New Champions' League format
    By Martin in forum Club football
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 24.07.2002, 18:16

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •