La Liga 2017/18 - Club football - Juventuz Forums - Page 41
Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 1032

Thread: La Liga 2017/18

  1. #801
    Juventuz regular Afghan_juventus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,396
    Cash
    6,259
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BayernFan View Post
    Kroos and defending is not an option actually
    Madrid tried playing him as a DM in his first year MVPP ran over him that year.

  2. #802
    Juventuz champion s4tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6,280
    Cash
    13,272
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    i read somewhere that regarding only half-time results (which make little sense of course), real would lead the table. their second half performances are terrible.

  3. #803
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    23,925
    Cash
    25,661
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    How was Zidane more relevant?
    Fra-Para 1-0 aet Blanc
    Fra-Ita 0:0 aet pen win
    Fra-Cro 2:1 Thuram show

    Ffs France had a good team in 98.
    Zidane in the final, and the way he impacted games. He was never really a scorer. Also, Zidane in the Euros and @ the 2006 WC. His influence and the way he lead the team is something beyond anything Messi accomplished with his national team.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  4. #804
    Juventuz regular Afghan_juventus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,396
    Cash
    6,259
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    How was Zidane more relevant?
    Fra-Para 1-0 aet Blanc
    Fra-Ita 0:0 aet pen win
    Fra-Cro 2:1 Thuram show

    Ffs France had a good team in 98.
    Theres allot of revisionist history when it comes to most football legends, but especially Zidane. I mean people just completely block out that he came to a CL winning Juve only to not win one CL title for us during his time here. Or that the Galacticos didnt achieve $#@! after that CL vs Leverkusen. I think the main reason for this is his game vs Brazil in 2006.

  5. #805
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    23,925
    Cash
    25,661
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    The more Madrid screw up in La Liga, the more dangerous they become in the CL. I still see them as joint favorites with Barcelona and Bayern.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Afghan_juventus View Post
    Theres allot of revisionist history when it comes to most football legends, but especially Zidane. I mean people just completely block out that he came to a CL winning Juve only to not win one CL title for us during his time here. Or that the Galacticos didnt achieve $#@! after that CL vs Leverkusen. I think the main reason for this is his game vs Brazil in 2006.
    Zidane for France was far superior to Messi and Ronaldo for their respective countries. It isn't revisionist BS. If you fail to see the obvious when it comes to Zidane and France then you're either blinded by hatred or don't understand the concept of impact.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  6. #806
    Juventuz champion

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,730
    Cash
    16,843
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afghan_juventus View Post
    Theres allot of revisionist history when it comes to most football legends, but especially Zidane. I mean people just completely block out that he came to a CL winning Juve only to not win one CL title for us during his time here.
    Obviously it's down to Zidane himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Afghan_juventus View Post
    Or that the Galacticos didnt achieve $#@! after that CL vs Leverkusen.
    Football had many great teams back then, and the Galacticos had many great individuals but mostly weren't great collectively. Obviously it's down to Zidane himself again.

    Looks more like you have hatred for him tbh.

  7. #807
    Juventuz addict Stephan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Juventuz
    Posts
    14,701
    Cash
    8,174
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    Zidane in the final, and the way he impacted games. He was never really a scorer. Also, Zidane in the Euros and @ the 2006 WC. His influence and the way he lead the team is something beyond anything Messi accomplished with his national team.
    I was talking about 98. Now you say he decided the final. Before you said he dragged France to final. Its a different thing. Im not doubting Zidane qualities but he didnt drag them anywhere. I can say that about Baggio 94.

    By this logic i could say Grosso is the best player in that tournament cause he scored the winner against Germany who had never lost a home game in Dortmund up till that night.
    Grosso also "won" the pen against Australia when Italy looked to be going out as they played 10v11 and Hiddink had knocked Italy out before so there was history there.
    And then the last pen in the final.



    I know 2006 france got there largely thanks to Zidane. He decided the games against Brazil and Portugal and scored in the final and if Italy didnt have Buffon (saved his header) and MateRATzi then ZZ might have gotten 2WCs.

  8. #808
    Juventuz regular Afghan_juventus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,396
    Cash
    6,259
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    The more Madrid screw up in La Liga, the more dangerous they become in the CL. I still see them as joint favorites with Barcelona and Bayern.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Zidane for France was far superior to Messi and Ronaldo for their respective countries. It isn't revisionist BS. If you fail to see the obvious when it comes to Zidane and France then you're either blinded by hatred or don't understand the concept of impact.
    I never said he wasnt better than Messi or CR7 for his country..........

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerval View Post
    Obviously it's down to Zidane himself.



    Football had many great teams back then, and the Galacticos had many great individuals but mostly weren't great collectively. Obviously it's down to Zidane himself again.

    Looks more like you have hatred for him tbh.
    Obviously its not all down to him, just like when his team succeeds its all down to him either.

  9. #809
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    23,925
    Cash
    25,661
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    I was talking about 98. Now you say he decided the final. Before you said he dragged France to final. Its a different thing. Im not doubting Zidane qualities but he didnt drag them anywhere. I can say that about Baggio 94.

    I know 2006 france got there largely thanks to Zidane. He decided the games against Brazil and Portugal and scored in the final and if Italy didnt have Buffon (saved his header) and MateRATzi then ZZ might have gotten 2WCs.
    I was unaware the discussion revolved around 98 only. Zidane was more impactful throughout the entire tournament in 2006, but he also had a large role to play in 98. In 2006, he definitely dragged the French to the final (not as impactful as Baggio in 94 tho); in 98 he was influential to a degree.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  10. #810
    Juventuz addict Stephan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Juventuz
    Posts
    14,701
    Cash
    8,174
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Ive actually heard people say Zidane was largely anonymous in 98 till the final. But then he scores 2 in that (most important game) and legend is born.

  11. #811
    Juventuz legend Post Ironic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Samarkand
    Posts
    20,905
    Cash
    47,719
    Mentioned
    762 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    I was unaware the discussion revolved around 98 only. Zidane was more impactful throughout the entire tournament in 2006, but he also had a large role to play in 98. In 2006, he definitely dragged the French to the final (not as impactful as Baggio in 94 tho); in 98 he was influential to a degree.
    Baggio is still so vastly underrated imo. If he had scored that penalty and Italy won the WC, or stayed at Juve one more year and won the CL here... he'd be up there near the top for greatest players of all time.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

  12. #812
    Juventuz addict Stephan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Juventuz
    Posts
    14,701
    Cash
    8,174
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Maradona was more influential in 86.


    Dont really care about the Messi v Cron debate. Portugal didnt win euro thanks to Cronaldo. Ironically they might have won it because he got injured. That allowed Portugal play as a team rather than look for Ronaldo all game.
    Messi was anonymous in the 2014 final. Higuain is used as a scapegoat. Why Messi just didnt go on a solo run and score one instead like he does in Spain every weekend?

  13. #813
    Juventuz champion

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,730
    Cash
    16,843
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    I was unaware the discussion revolved around 98 only. Zidane was more impactful throughout the entire tournament in 2006, but he also had a large role to play in 98. In 2006, he definitely dragged the French to the final (not as impactful as Baggio in 94 tho); in 98 he was influential to a degree.
    Baggio in 94 was more impactful than Zidane 2006?

  14. #814
    Legendary G.O.A.T Xperd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22,182
    Cash
    37,419
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    And I don't think either of them is going to win it, Messi's Argentina can't even win in SA while Ronaldo's Portugal needed some extreme luck and counterattacking to grease their way to European champions, not going to happen for them again any time soon I believe
    They lost on penalties on both occasions. How is winning Copa America even relevant to having a chance at winning World Cup anyway ? That's like saying a team that can't win it's own league doesn't have a shot at the CL and there are cases proving otherwise.
    Obviously Argentina have a fair chance at winning the World cup. Messi is still playing like the best player in the world atm and perhaps this his last chance to win the world cup. It's premature to write them off based on their Copa America showings.

    Portugal on the other hand literally have no chance.
    VERRATTI IS A FANTASY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE

  15. #815
    Juventuz legend Fr3sh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    32,251
    Cash
    57,866
    Mentioned
    2356 Post(s)
    Baggio is a bum. Accept it and move on pls.
    Völler is here with DAi.

  16. #816
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    23,925
    Cash
    25,661
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    Baggio is a bum. Accept it and move on pls.
    Disses Dybala, dislikes Baggio, but rates The Accidental Footballer

    You deserve to get violated by a tranny with 10 inch dong

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerval View Post
    Baggio in 94 was more impactful than Zidane 2006?
    Yes he was. Italy without Baggio in 94 wouldn't have made it past the group stage.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  17. #817
    Juventuz legend Fr3sh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    32,251
    Cash
    57,866
    Mentioned
    2356 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    Disses Dybala, dislikes Baggio, but rates The Accidental Footballer

    You deserve to get violated by a tranny with 10 inch dong

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes he was. Italy without Baggio in 94 wouldn't have made it past the group stage.
    I like it when he cries though, my fav pics.

    Völler is here with DAi.

  18. #818
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    23,925
    Cash
    25,661
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    Baggio is still so vastly underrated imo. If he had scored that penalty and Italy won the WC, or stayed at Juve one more year and won the CL here... he'd be up there near the top for greatest players of all time.
    I love Baggio. He's the reason I fell in love with football and started supporting Italy. I shed tears in 94 when he blazed that penalty over the bar.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  19. #819
    Juventuz regular BayernFan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,978
    Cash
    4,908
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    Baggio is still so vastly underrated imo. If he had scored that penalty and Italy won the WC, or stayed at Juve one more year and won the CL here... he'd be up there near the top for greatest players of all time.
    Who do you rate as the best players of all time? Can be both recent and historic offcourse

  20. #820
    Juventuz addict Stephan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Juventuz
    Posts
    14,701
    Cash
    8,174
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    They lost on penalties on both occasions. How is winning Copa America even relevant to having a chance at winning World Cup anyway ? That's like saying a team that can't win it's own league doesn't have a shot at the CL and there are cases proving otherwise.
    Obviously Argentina have a fair chance at winning the World cup. Messi is still playing like the best player in the world atm and perhaps this his last chance to win the world cup. It's premature to write them off based on their Copa America showings.

    Portugal on the other hand literally have no chance.
    SA is tough competition these days. Lot of good teams there actually. Brazil, Uruguay, Colombia, Chile. Places like Paraguay and Bolivia are also not easy for away teams.

Similar Threads

  1. La Liga 2016/2017
    By Azzurri7 in forum Club football
    Replies: 924
    Last Post: 30.05.2017, 05:01
  2. Dammit Real win La Liga
    By gray in forum Club football
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 25.06.2003, 10:24
  3. La Liga
    By denco in forum Club football
    Replies: 405
    Last Post: 22.06.2003, 23:49
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04.03.2003, 21:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •