Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: La Liga 2017/18

Juventuz regular Afghan_juventus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BayernFan View Post
    Kroos and defending is not an option actually
    Madrid tried playing him as a DM in his first year MVPP ran over him that year.

Cash
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    i read somewhere that regarding only half-time results (which make little sense of course), real would lead the table. their second half performances are terrible.

Cash
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    How was Zidane more relevant?
    Fra-Para 1-0 aet Blanc
    Fra-Ita 0:0 aet pen win
    Fra-Cro 2:1 Thuram show

Ffs France had a good team in 98.
    Zidane in the final, and the way he impacted games. He was never really a scorer. Also, Zidane in the Euros and @ the 2006 WC. His influence and the way he lead the team is something beyond anything Messi accomplished with his national team.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

Cash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    How was Zidane more relevant?
    Fra-Para 1-0 aet Blanc
    Fra-Ita 0:0 aet pen win
    Fra-Cro 2:1 Thuram show

Ffs France had a good team in 98.
    Theres allot of revisionist history when it comes to most football legends, but especially Zidane. I mean people just completely block out that he came to a CL winning Juve only to not win one CL title for us during his time here. Or that the Galacticos didnt achieve $#@! after that CL vs Leverkusen. I think the main reason for this is his game vs Brazil in 2006.

Cash
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    The more Madrid screw up in La Liga, the more dangerous they become in the CL. I still see them as joint favorites with Barcelona and Bayern.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Afghan_juventus View Post
    Theres allot of revisionist history when it comes to most football legends, but especially Zidane. I mean people just completely block out that he came to a CL winning Juve only to not win one CL title for us during his time here. Or that the Galacticos didnt achieve $#@! after that CL vs Leverkusen. I think the main reason for this is his game vs Brazil in 2006.
    Zidane for France was far superior to Messi and Ronaldo for their respective countries. It isn't revisionist BS. If you fail to see the obvious when it comes to Zidane and France then you're either blinded by hatred or don't understand the concept of impact.

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Theres allot of revisionist history when it comes to most football legends, but especially Zidane. I mean people just completely block out that he came to a CL winning Juve only to not win one CL title for us during his time here.
    Obviously it's down to Zidane himself.

Or that the Galacticos didnt achieve $#@! after that CL vs Leverkusen.
    Football had many great teams back then, and the Galacticos had many great individuals but mostly weren't great collectively. Obviously it's down to Zidane himself again.

Looks more like you have hatred for him tbh.

Cash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    Zidane in the final, and the way he impacted games. He was never really a scorer. Also, Zidane in the Euros and @ the 2006 WC. His influence and the way he lead the team is something beyond anything Messi accomplished with his national team.
    I was talking about 98. Now you say he decided the final. Before you said he dragged France to final. Its a different thing. Im not doubting Zidane qualities but he didnt drag them anywhere. I can say that about Baggio 94.

By this logic i could say Grosso is the best player in that tournament cause he scored the winner against Germany who had never lost a home game in Dortmund up till that night.
    Grosso also "won" the pen against Australia when Italy looked to be going out as they played 10v11 and Hiddink had knocked Italy out before so there was history there.
    And then the last pen in the final.

I know 2006 france got there largely thanks to Zidane. He decided the games against Brazil and Portugal and scored in the final and if Italy didnt have Buffon (saved his header) and MateRATzi then ZZ might have gotten 2WCs.

Cash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The more Madrid screw up in La Liga, the more dangerous they become in the CL. I still see them as joint favorites with Barcelona and Bayern.

- - - Updated - - -

Zidane for France was far superior to Messi and Ronaldo for their respective countries. It isn't revisionist BS. If you fail to see the obvious when it comes to Zidane and France then you're either blinded by hatred or don't understand the concept of impact.
    I never said he wasnt better than Messi or CR7 for his country..........

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerval View Post
    Obviously it's down to Zidane himself.

Football had many great teams back then, and the Galacticos had many great individuals but mostly weren't great collectively. Obviously it's down to Zidane himself again.

Looks more like you have hatred for him tbh.
    Obviously its not all down to him, just like when his team succeeds its all down to him either.

Cash
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    I was talking about 98. Now you say he decided the final. Before you said he dragged France to final. Its a different thing. Im not doubting Zidane qualities but he didnt drag them anywhere. I can say that about Baggio 94.

I know 2006 france got there largely thanks to Zidane. He decided the games against Brazil and Portugal and scored in the final and if Italy didnt have Buffon (saved his header) and MateRATzi then ZZ might have gotten 2WCs.
    I was unaware the discussion revolved around 98 only. Zidane was more impactful throughout the entire tournament in 2006, but he also had a large role to play in 98. In 2006, he definitely dragged the French to the final (not as impactful as Baggio in 94 tho); in 98 he was influential to a degree.

Cash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Ive actually heard people say Zidane was largely anonymous in 98 till the final. But then he scores 2 in that (most important game) and legend is born.

Cash
    Mentioned
    762 Post(s)
    I was unaware the discussion revolved around 98 only. Zidane was more impactful throughout the entire tournament in 2006, but he also had a large role to play in 98. In 2006, he definitely dragged the French to the final (not as impactful as Baggio in 94 tho); in 98 he was influential to a degree.
    Baggio is still so vastly underrated imo. If he had scored that penalty and Italy won the WC, or stayed at Juve one more year and won the CL here... he'd be up there near the top for greatest players of all time.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Cash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Maradona was more influential in 86.

Dont really care about the Messi v Cron debate. Portugal didnt win euro thanks to Cronaldo. Ironically they might have won it because he got injured. That allowed Portugal play as a team rather than look for Ronaldo all game.
    Messi was anonymous in the 2014 final. Higuain is used as a scapegoat. Why Messi just didnt go on a solo run and score one instead like he does in Spain every weekend?

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Baggio in 94 was more impactful than Zidane 2006?

Cash
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    And I don't think either of them is going to win it, Messi's Argentina can't even win in SA while Ronaldo's Portugal needed some extreme luck and counterattacking to grease their way to European champions, not going to happen for them again any time soon I believe
    They lost on penalties on both occasions. How is winning Copa America even relevant to having a chance at winning World Cup anyway ? That's like saying a team that can't win it's own league doesn't have a shot at the CL and there are cases proving otherwise.
    Obviously Argentina have a fair chance at winning the World cup. Messi is still playing like the best player in the world atm and perhaps this his last chance to win the world cup. It's premature to write them off based on their Copa America showings.

Portugal on the other hand literally have no chance.
    VERRATTI IS A FANTASY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE

Cash
    Mentioned
    2356 Post(s)
    Baggio is a bum. Accept it and move on pls.
    Völler is here with DAi.

Cash
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    Baggio is a bum. Accept it and move on pls.
    Disses Dybala, dislikes Baggio, but rates The Accidental Footballer

You deserve to get violated by a tranny with 10 inch dong

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerval View Post
    Baggio in 94 was more impactful than Zidane 2006?
    Yes he was. Italy without Baggio in 94 wouldn't have made it past the group stage.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2356 Post(s)
    Disses Dybala, dislikes Baggio, but rates The Accidental Footballer

You deserve to get violated by a tranny with 10 inch dong

- - - Updated - - -

Yes he was. Italy without Baggio in 94 wouldn't have made it past the group stage.
    I like it when he cries though, my fav pics.

Völler is here with DAi.

Cash
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    Baggio is still so vastly underrated imo. If he had scored that penalty and Italy won the WC, or stayed at Juve one more year and won the CL here... he'd be up there near the top for greatest players of all time.
    I love Baggio. He's the reason I fell in love with football and started supporting Italy. I shed tears in 94 when he blazed that penalty over the bar.

Cash
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    Who do you rate as the best players of all time? Can be both recent and historic offcourse

Cash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    They lost on penalties on both occasions. How is winning Copa America even relevant to having a chance at winning World Cup anyway ? That's like saying a team that can't win it's own league doesn't have a shot at the CL and there are cases proving otherwise.
    Obviously Argentina have a fair chance at winning the World cup. Messi is still playing like the best player in the world atm and perhaps this his last chance to win the world cup. It's premature to write them off based on their Copa America showings.

Portugal on the other hand literally have no chance.
    SA is tough competition these days. Lot of good teams there actually. Brazil, Uruguay, Colombia, Chile. Places like Paraguay and Bolivia are also not easy for away teams.