La Liga 2017/18 - Club football - Juventuz Forums - Page 4
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: La Liga 2017/18

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1520 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afghan_juventus View Post
    He is the greatest poacher in football along with CR7.
    He did score lots of goals, but wasn't even near as complete as Ronaldo. I don't see how you could compare them.

He was a pure poacher, rather compare him to Inzaghi.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Juventuz regular Afghan_juventus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    He did score lots of goals, but wasn't even near as complete as Ronaldo. I don't see how you could compare them.

He was a pure poacher, rather compare him to Inzaghi.
    I wouldnt classify Ronaldo 2014-2017 as a complete player. Since his injury at the WC he contributes FAR less with the ball but has made his movement the best ever.

Cash
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    He is the greatest poacher in football along with CR7.

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1857 Post(s)
    Gerds scoring record is insane
    35 SUL CAMPO ✔

Cash
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Ronaldo or Messi at the top of any list

In an era where rich teams are building super squads. Yeah right

That's like saying Lebron James is the GOAT because he won three rings, set records, and reached the finals in seven consecutive seasons. Of course it has nothing to do with the competition being absolute dog$#@!
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

Cash
    Mentioned
    1325 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post

That's like saying Lebron James is the GOAT because he won three rings, set records, and reached the finals in seven consecutive seasons. Of course it has nothing to do with the competition being absolute dog$#@!
    Nothing of what you said makes sense. Nothing.

You can only play and win against the competition you have.

Cash
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALC View Post
    Nothing of what you said makes sense. Nothing.

You can only play and win against the competition you have.
    Of course it makes sense you doofus. Of course you can only play against the competition you have, but if your competition is $#@!, then you can't be considered a greatest of all time, because you never really came up against quality opponents.

Messi and Ronaldo somehow magically disappear when they play for their countries (Portugal won the Euros in spite of Ronaldo, not because of him). In a club where the whole organization caters to you, and you have unlimited funds, it becomes a lot easier to win.

I will never consider Ronaldo or Messi GOATs or even top 5 of all time, because the quality of their opposition is nowhere near good enough, and they have failed to convince for their respective countries, Ronaldo less so because Portugal isn't really an elite footballing nation.

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1857 Post(s)

100% right about Bron, Kobe over him all day, and lets not even go further into the past
    35 SUL CAMPO ✔

Cash
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    100% right about Bron, Kobe over him all day, and lets not even go further into the past
    You know your basketball

I'd definitely take Kobe Prime over Lebron

Cash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Of course it makes sense you doofus. Of course you can only play against the competition you have, but if your competition is $#@!, then you can't be considered a greatest of all time, because you never really came up against quality opponents.

Messi and Ronaldo somehow magically disappear when they play for their countries (Portugal won the Euros in spite of Ronaldo, not because of him). In a club where the whole organization caters to you, and you have unlimited funds, it becomes a lot easier to win.

I will never consider Ronaldo or Messi GOATs or even top 5 of all time, because the quality of their opposition is nowhere near good enough, and they have failed to convince for their respective countries, Ronaldo less so because Portugal isn't really an elite footballing nation.

You my friend know your football

Cash
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)

You my friend know your football
    It's a subjective opinion because I am an old geezer

Cash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It's a subjective opinion because I am an old geezer
    tbf your opinion holds more weight as you actually watched those players unlike myself. However I get all my info on them from my uncle then rewatching them for myself to form my own opinion.

Cash
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Are you trying to say that Ronaldo choked at the Euro's and his nation was better off without him?
    In a way I agree, until they lead their n teams to a world cup, its hard to say they're the best of all times. But then again, if.trophies mean everything, is Buffon not the best goalie even without CL?
    Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
    io di te non mi stanco.
    Sei la cosa piu bella che c'è
    Alessandro Del Piero, ale!

Cash
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)

Suarez, Neymar, Robben, Lewandowski, Ibra, Ribery, Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta, Modric, Bale, Eto.... most of these are easily on par with Raul, Del Piero, Totti, Nistelroy, Shevchenko, Nedved, Owen, Henry, Vieri, Crespo, Trezguet, Seedorf etc...if not better. I'd say this generation is even better than the one we grew up watching and by quite a bit.
    Hist: 1 decent starter, 1 worldclass, 1 bench, 2 out
    Post Ironic: 0 World class 2 decent-good starters. 1 bench player.
    DelPiero84: 3 world class, 2 bench.
    Zizinho: 2 world class, 1 very good starter and the rest for bench.
    Quetzalcoatl: 1 world class, 1 good starter, 2 bench and Staruro out.
    Alex Juventino: 2 World Class, 2 decent starters and 1 bench
    IgorTudor: 0 world class, 2 good starters, 3 bench
    ADP1897: 1 World Class, One good starter, and 3 Bench

Cash
    Mentioned
    1520 Post(s)

...And out of all Legendery players you chose to name Michael Owen.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    941 Post(s)

Such nostalgic bull$#@!. The game has changed on a variety of parameters but the argument that it is somehow easier is bull.

Sendt fra min SM-N910F med Tapatalk
    En sidste kommentar herfra sku' lige være den
    at der Führer var en visionær af klasse
    der såfremt han var til stede den dag i dag
    ville la' fattigrøve & skvadderhoveder gasse

Cash
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    Gerds scoring record is insane
    In a 1970s Bundesliga

Cash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post

...And out of all Legendery players you chose to name Michael Owen.
    And sneakily put Pirlo in the upper list of players even though he's the same age as Owen. While leaving players such as Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Figo, Kaka, Scholes, Redondo and many more unmentioned.

Cash
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I will never consider Ronaldo or Messi GOATs or even top 5 of all time,
    Of course you wont, you are one of those sad people, who will keep convincing yourself that everything was better back in the day, even if there comes a guy like Ronaldo that destroys everything on his path. Carries his national team and every single team he is on

Cash
    Mentioned
    1520 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by il brutto View Post
    And sneakily put Pirlo in the upper list of players even though he's the same age as Owen. While leaving players such as Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Figo, Kaka, Scholes, Redondo and many more unmentioned.
    Pires, Lizarazu, Djorkaeff, Desailly, Davids, Makelele, Cannavaro, Nesta...Buffon ...the list is endless