Serie A 2017/18 - Club football - Juventuz Forums - Page 262
Page 262 of 282 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,240 of 5624

Thread: Serie A 2017/18

Cash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerval View Post
    The problem here is basing this comparison on assumptions. You have no idea what Allegri would do at Napoli. Perhaps he'd be better at handling cup competition
    Allegri has better players bigger squad and bigger budget than Napoli

Give him less resources in every department and you think he will do better than he is now at Juve?

Sarri is working miracles in my opinion

Cash
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    The problem here is basing this comparison on assumptions. You have no idea what Allegri would do at Napoli. Perhaps he'd be better at handling cup competition
    There's also this assumption that because Sarri is exceeding expectations in the league (this year certainly), that he'd be a smashing success at a big club. Well, he's also been knocked out of both Coppa Italia and Europe by much smaller mid table clubs in 2 of his 3 seasons at Napoli so I suppose by the above logic I can assume he'd be a complete failure in cup competition and Europe at a bigger club.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Cash
    Mentioned
    5697 Post(s)
    F*CK SARRI AND FORZA MAX.
    JUVENTUS 1897-2006
    Juventus 2006-2011
    JUVENTUS 2011-14
    Allegri Era

Cash
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Knocked out of Europe by Shakhtar Donetsk and Villarreal is working miracles now. @Bianconero_Aus
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Cash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    Knocked out of Europe by Shakhtar Donetsk and Villarreal is working miracles now. @Bianconero_Aus
    63 points with Napoli at this stage of the season

What other coach could do that?

Cash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    There's also this assumption that because Sarri is exceeding expectations in the league (this year certainly), that he'd be a smashing success at a big club. Well, he's also been knocked out of both Coppa Italia and Europe by much smaller mid table clubs in 2 of his 3 seasons at Napoli so I suppose by the above logic I can assume he'd be a complete failure in cup competition and Europe at a bigger club.
    Probably a good assumption since it goes by his history at Napoli. People seem to forget that Napoli is literally putting all of their energy into competing in Serie A and still leading by the slightest of margins. Whereas we are in three different competitions, competitive in all of them, and right behind them in Serie A. That says a lot about both managers and their abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacheryah View Post
    He's right tho, the insult was unneccecary
    Finche vivro', odiero',
    Viola e Granata, odiero',
    La polizia, per sempre odiero'!

Cash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    I hope they don't win the league and their form dips as having to listen to Napoli fans talk $#@! for a whole year would be infuriating

I keep expecting them to drop off but somehow they are hanging on

As each game week passes it's looking likely it's going all the way to the end between the 2 teams

Cash
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vialli_92 View Post

Look. Pretty much no one is saying Sarri is a bad coach, or that what he is doing this season in Serie a isn't impressive.

However, calling him a great coach and a miracle worker, and better than Allegri is rubbish at this point in time. There isn't the sample size to make that claim, nor does he have the results.

When we hired Allegri, everyone on this forum thought it was a disaster and we might not even hold on to Serie A. No one, I repeat, no one thought we had a chance in CL, and we played in two finals in three years with a fraction of the budget of the teams we compete against in Europe, and we have won 3 straight domestic doubles. And that's while selling a large number of our best players over the last 3 summers.

Yet somehow, there is this idea that Allegri is only doing the bare minimum expected, or even underperforming.

If anything what Allegri has done over the last 3 years is the true miracle considering what everyone predicted when we hired him on the back of what was claimed to be a disastrous mercato.

Optimist Prime

Cash
    Mentioned
    2223 Post(s)
    Look. Pretty much no one is saying Sarri is a bad coach, or that what he is doing this season in Serie a isn't impressive.

However, calling him a great coach and a miracle worker, and better than Allegri is rubbish at this point in time. There isn't the sample size to make that claim, nor does he have the results.

When we hired Allegri, everyone on this forum thought it was a disaster and we might not even hold on to Serie A. No one, I repeat, no one thought we had a chance in CL, and we played in two finals in three years with a fraction of the budget of the teams we compete against in Europe, and we have won 3 straight domestic doubles. And that's while selling a large number of our best players over the last 3 summers.

Yet somehow, there is this idea that Allegri is only doing the bare minimum expected, or even underperforming.

If anything what Allegri has done over the last 3 years is the true miracle considering what everyone predicted when we hired him on the back of what was claimed to be a disastrous mercato.
    Calma
    2017/2018 - 31 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Cash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I never said Allegri was underachieving or wasn't doing a good job here

I have said it here Allegri has overachieved in his time here but Sarri is also over achieving at Napoli that can not be disputed

Cash
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    I never said Allegri was underachieving or wasn't doing a good job here

I have said it here Allegri has overachieved in his time here but Sarri is also over achieving at Napoli that can not be disputed
    I believe our point is that Sarri is choosing to overachieve in Serie A by failing miserably in every other competition. While impressive, it's nowhere near as impressive as if he was at least meeting expectations in the other competitions and not getting bounced by midtable clubs.

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    We've entered the Great Sarri $#@!storm

Cash
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)

It doesn't matter to you, does it? As long as he's not black and white, you'll suck anyone's $#@!.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    I believe our point is that Sarri is choosing to overachieve in Serie A by failing miserably in every other competition. While impressive, it's nowhere near as impressive as if he was at least meeting expectations in the other competitions and not getting bounced by midtable clubs.
    Can you blame him? A Scudetto for Napoli is like winning the world cup

It's not going to get any better than that because that is the maximum they can ever achieve in their position

The hammering of Lazio last week has made me quite aware of their ability and that there is a serious threat to the Scudetto this season with the way they are going about their business

I thought they would have dropped off now so I am full of praise for what Sarri is doing there

Optimist Prime

Cash
    Mentioned
    2223 Post(s)
    We've entered the Great Sarri $#@!storm
    Napoli fans watching here are worshipping him by creating strife in the Tuz ranks
    2017/2018 - 31 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Cash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    It doesn't matter to you, does it? As long as he's not black and white, you'll suck anyone's $#@!.
    Well just because you like the way we play doesn't mean I have to?

Cash
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustini View Post
    Napoli fans watching here are worshipping him by creating strife in the Tuz ranks
    Vialli is a ManU fan, bitter about us selling them fool's gold in Pogba. Get your facts straight, boo.

Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1417 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    just like Sturaro for Juve your arguing tactics are pretty similar as well, luckily for me I'm not 12
    So you’ve been owned by someone with arguing tactics of a 12 year old. Lovely ❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

Cash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Vialli is a ManU fan, bitter about us selling them fool's gold in Pogba. Get your facts straight, boo.
    Another assumption pulled out of your ass

Cash
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Well just because you like the way we play doesn't mean I have to?
    Of course not. It's okay that you love Barca, Man United and, all of a sudden, Napoli. You just 'support' whichever team catches your attention at any given moment. And that's fine. You do you, bro.

But I don't really understand why you insist on posting here, if nothing indicates that you are a Juventus fan.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought they would have dropped off now so I am full of praise for what Sarri is doing there
    That gooey stuff isn't praise, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.