Premier League 2017/18 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I just want to say that United was valued at 3 billion euros. The most valuable club in the world. And people still think they're on Inter/Milan level.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/31/arsene-wenger-signs-contract-stay-arsenal-manager

Stan Kroenke “won’t rest” until Arsenal have made it to the pinnacle of the game in England and Europe, and insists Arsène Wenger is the best man to take them there.
Our ambition is to win the Premier League and other major trophies in Europe,” Kroenke said. “It’s what the fans, players, staff, manager and board expect and we won’t rest until that is achieved. Arsène is the best person to help us make that happen. He has a fantastic track record and has our full backing.”
There is no complacency anywhere at this club. Our goal is to compete for and win trophies here and in Europe. Everything we do is designed to make that happen
The club has grown beyond recognition in every aspect in recent years
When you look at the world of football, and you think about the great candidates that there are – and there are many great coaching candidates in the world and Arsenal is a club that all of them would want to work for because of the things we represent in football. But when you look around and make that assessment, you don’t find any better candidates than Arsène Wenger.
:lol:

United#7

May 30, 2017
Huge test for Conte is how Chelsea will handle CL football. As great as Chelsea is (most well rounded first XI in the PL IMO), they're relatively light on sub options. Everyone laughed last year at the Luiz and Alonso signings, but they ended up as masterstrokes. Will the same happen this year, or will Emanalo ruin it with his 'value for money' signings?

This season should be a toss up between Chelsea and Tottenham, if the latter doesn't get raided by the other clubs. I can see United improving as well but we're 3rd for now.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Huge test for Conte is how Chelsea will handle CL football. As great as Chelsea is (most well rounded first XI in the PL IMO), they're relatively light on sub options. Everyone laughed last year at the Luiz and Alonso signings, but they ended up as masterstrokes. Will the same happen this year, or will Emanalo ruin it with his 'value for money' signings?

This season should be a toss up between Chelsea and Tottenham, if the latter doesn't get raided by the other clubs. I can see United improving as well but we're 3rd for now.
Man City are making some moves already. If they get upgrades in central defense over what they got i think they will be contenders for epl.

Tottenham will end up playing catchup one way or another. They are moving from their stadium to a "neutral" stadium, they already lost games last season in CL playing Wembley (not their home stadium). Also it has already proved that CL will be a distraction. Tottenham doesnt have the squad to cope both in CL and EPL. Also they need better transfer policy, instead of buying players like Jansen and Sissoko.

My predictions is that Tottenham will have another average CL campaign, (if they end up in EL again screwed cause games played thursday and then sunday already epl), then have a strong second part of the season in epl after crushing out of europe, but it will be too late. Someone else will win it.

I agree that Chelsea will have it much tougher next season with CL. They need to add to the squad and also rotate between CL and epl. But Conte is stubborn when it comes to rotation.

Utd remains to be seen. If Mourinho gets a Drogba type of striker this summer to replace Zlatan/Rooney, they could challenge epl. Remains to be seen what is the situation with De Gea also.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
So, United is really going to spend €50m on Perisic? :rofl:
Insane amount of money for a 28 year old midtable player.

That guy on redcafe got it right:

Anyone else feel like this is the sort of transfer you'd expect Stoke or West Ham to announce for about 20m Euros and you go "Oh" and move on?

I don't think I've ever been as underwhelmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)