Premier League 2017/18 - Club football - Juventuz Forums - Page 140
Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140
Results 2,781 to 2,799 of 2799

Cash
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    gonna be a tough final for Madrid and Liverpool against them
    ManCity should probably get to play the winner for the real trophy.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Cash
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Lol $#@! you Pogba!
    ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO
    sono sempre al tuo fianco

Cash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhRoZeN View Post
    His performance today was hardly something to wish for.
    I thought he was better than the 400k/wk Sanchez.

Cash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    What's this about Abramovic not having his Visa renewed for the UK lol? Could this spell the end of Chelsea?

Cash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    That moment when West Ham sign Pellegrini and Arsenal signs Arteta.

Cash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus View Post
    What's this about Abramovic not having his Visa renewed for the UK lol? Could this spell the end of Chelsea?
    Probably not a big deal.

"Abramovich’s visa is thought to have expired in April while he was out of the country, and he has not tried to enter Britain since. His new application would have to be made from abroad, probably Russia, which means he will be subject to slightly more rigorous criteria than if he applied from within the UK."

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...visa-crackdown

P.S. Gotta love the Comedy Kremlin PR team. This admin delay is an unfair and unfriendly action apparently. Poisoning and assassinations though, that's fine.
    Last edited by Dantes; 21.05.2018 at 19:59.

Cash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantes View Post
    Probably not a big deal.

"Abramovich’s visa is thought to have expired in April while he was out of the country, and he has not tried to enter Britain since. His new application would have to be made from abroad, probably Russia, which means he will be subject to slightly more rigorous criteria than if he applied from within the UK."

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...visa-crackdown

P.S. Gotta love the Comedy Kremlin PR team. This admin delay is an unfair and unfriendly action apparently. Poisoning and assassinations though, that's fine.

I thought it might have been regarding the fact he was close to Putin. The thought of Chelsea imploding would have been hilarious.

Cash
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Emery next Arsenal coach
    Tanu VS Mark - Tuz Mercato Championship

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanu_Mz View Post
    SMS to my knowledge is done.
    Icardi they are working on; at this stage I believe that it will be very unlikely for Pipita to stay

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    30/5/2018

Vs

Lewa/Pogba

Quote Originally Posted by Wittl View Post
    Need to change my avatar again. First Can, now Cancelo. So who shell I put there next? Milinkovic-Savic or Golovin? @Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    @Wittl CR7 av

VERRATTI IS A FANTASY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE

Banned

Cash
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    Emery next Arsenal coach
    Not a bad choice. If I supported Arsenal I'd be happier with him than Arteta, Allegri or Luis Enrique.

Experience, attacking football style that fits Arsenal, strong personality. If given the resources and patience to create and build a new project, I'd give him good odds to succeed.
    Much Love, bitches!

Cash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Odd choice imo. But maybe they wanted europa league expert.

Cash
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    Not a bad choice. If I supported Arsenal I'd be happier with him than Arteta, Allegri or Luis Enrique.

Experience, attacking football style that fits Arsenal, strong personality. If given the resources and patience to create and build a new project, I'd give him good odds to succeed.
    His traits are actually a bit similar to Allegri

No particular footballing philosophy but adaptable, focuses more on tactical details. Makes average players look like top players. Downside is he's not exactly great with man managing especially when it comes to big personalities which Arsenal have none of. (Maybe Ozil). Another downside is his uber-safe and cowardly approach in situations where he doesnt need to be.

An inferior version of Allegri if you can call it.
    Tanu VS Mark - Tuz Mercato Championship

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanu_Mz View Post
    SMS to my knowledge is done.
    Icardi they are working on; at this stage I believe that it will be very unlikely for Pipita to stay

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    30/5/2018

Vs

Lewa/Pogba

Quote Originally Posted by Wittl View Post
    Need to change my avatar again. First Can, now Cancelo. So who shell I put there next? Milinkovic-Savic or Golovin? @Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    @Wittl CR7 av

VERRATTI IS A FANTASY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE

Banned

Cash
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    His traits are actually a bit similar to Allegri

No particular footballing philosophy but adaptable, focuses more on tactical details. Makes average players look like top players. Downside is he's not exactly great with man managing especially when it comes to big personalities which Arsenal have none of. (Maybe Ozil). Another downside is his uber-safe and cowardly approach in situations where he doesnt need to be.

An inferior version of Allegri if you can call it.
    A Basque version of Allegri isn't too far off. His results in Europe with Paris takes a bit away from what have been some really good spells at Almeria, Valencia, Sevilla and PSG.

I could see his style from Sevilla (high pressing into direct attacking football) become a succes in Premier League; taking advantage of the somewhat naive 'high-line/high-pressing'-style of the League.
    Much Love, bitches!

Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1561 Post(s)

Agree with everything besides “strong personality” he was no-match for the star-studded players in PSG. Neymar was the true boss of that team and Emery knew it.

Not that he’ll have that problem at Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

Banned

Cash
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero_Aus View Post
    Agree with everything besides “strong personality” he was no-match for the star-studded players in PSG. Neymar was the true boss of that team and Emery knew it.

Not that he’ll have that problem at Arsenal
    He shouldn't be judged on the Paris-'théâtre de l'absurde'. It's unfair since Neymar was protected by the owners and he was very well aware that not even the coach could touch him. This transplanted to the rest of the squad. Everything I've read from his tiem @king Ale in Spain and France is that he has a strong character and personality.

He'll bitchslap Özil if he starts giving him the fishy eyes
    Much Love, bitches!

Cash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    A Basque version of Allegri isn't too far off. His results in Europe with Paris takes a bit away from what have been some really good spells at Almeria, Valencia, Sevilla and PSG.

I could see his style from Sevilla (high pressing into direct attacking football) become a succes in Premier League; taking advantage of the somewhat naive 'high-line/high-pressing'-style of the League.
    Maybe Arsenal could do with a change of football philosophy though? They have been defensively poor for couple of seasons now.

They needed a manager who also had authority. Emery couldnt even manage the Neymar- Cavani pen taking issue. And while there are less primadonnas like that at Arsenal...some of their players need kick in the ass treatment.

Nzonzi to Arsenal anyone? Think Arsenal needs more physical players there. And a new keeper.

Cash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    That's only really the style of 3/20 teams. City, Liverpool and Spurs. The rest tend to play 'park the bus' or a version thereof.

I'd suggest his first priority is to get consistently good results against the weaker teams, that will at least put them back in contention for CL qualification.

Cash
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Odd choice imo. But maybe they wanted europa league expert.
    #emeryout

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Conte - Brought us back to the top of Italy
    Allegri - Bringing us to the top of Europe

Cash
    Mentioned
    2290 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhRoZeN View Post
    #emeryout

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cash
    Mentioned
    935 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantes View Post
    That's only really the style of 3/20 teams. City, Liverpool and Spurs. The rest tend to play 'park the bus' or a version thereof.

I'd suggest his first priority is to get consistently good results against the weaker teams, that will at least put them back in contention for CL qualification.
    Arsenal and Bournemouth are definitely not "park the bus" teams either. The rest, you're right tend to play more defensive football, at least when they play against bigger teams.

- - - Updated - - -

On Emery, I am not particularly excited to be honest. He did not do a good job at PSG at all, especially with the squad he had at his disposal; he's going to have vastly inferior players at Arsenal. Also his league record is not particularly impressive whether its with PSG or even with Sevilla.
    for every action there is a reaction equal in magnitude and opposite in direction