2017 UEFA European Under-21 Championship - International football - Juventuz Forums - Page 7
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    PAULO DYBBAAALLLAAA!!! Badass Dybala's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    In 1996 Italy had Del Piero, Totti, Vieri, Buffon, Cannavaro and Nesta This 2017 team is laughable compared to the 1996 one.

Except Donnarumma, I don't see a future champion in this current squad. We overrate the team because, as serie A followers, we know the players. I guess a La Liga, Bundesliga or EPL follower won't know more than 1-2 players in this Italian team.
    I have to admit, though, that at least it's a team of experienced young players. Compared to the Italian team in 2015, where the players were hardly getting minutes for their senior teams, the current u21 has a lot of players with regular playing time in serie A.
    Kinda like the 2013 and 2009 teams, which also had experienced youngsters (Insigne, Verratti, Florenzi, Immobile, Destro, Gabbiadini in 2013 - Balotelli, Candreva, Marchisio, Giovinco, Abate, Motta in 2009).
    I did say one of the strongest I wouldnt remember 96 as I had only barely started watching football at that time

unlike the 2013 side I think there is a better balance with this side (on paper) there is a much better defensive presence in Rugani and Caldara, it's a shame Ferrara is not coaching this current side though, did a brill job before he moved on.
    ILLLLLL TRICOLOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICOLOOOOOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICCCOOOOLLLOOOOOORRRRRRRRR

It's not Just a stadium - It's our Home. It's not just a kit - It's our Skin. We're not only Eleven - We're Millions. We're not just a crowd - We're a family. It's not just 90 minutes - It's a lifetime. It's not just a passion - It's an emotion. It's not just a game - It's our life. Juventus is not just a club - It's a lifestyle!

Lane Bowling Champion Alien Bounce Champion Gold Miner Special Edition Champion Gold Strike Champion Zelda Champion
    Desert Hunter Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badass Dybala View Post
    I did say one of the strongest I wouldnt remember 96 as I had only barely started watching football at that time

unlike the 2013 side I think there is a better balance with this side (on paper) there is a much better defensive presence in Rugani and Caldara, it's a shame Ferrara is not coaching this current side though, did a brill job before he moved on.
    Yeah, balance and team play are really important. Look at France for example. They didn't even make it to the Euros, because Macedonia of all teams won their group. And France had Mendy, Lemar, Bakayoko, Coman, Rabiot, Tolisso and Dembele in their team!

Still, the talent pool in France is much bigger and those guys are already a step above their Italian counterparts. While the Italian youngsters hardly have any experience out of Italy, or hardly ever won anything in Italy, the French have the guys above + Mbappe and Martial. All of them have experience in CL (as main players of their teams) with Monaco, Bayern, PSG, Lyon, Dortmund, won leagues with Monaco, Bayern, or won the EL, as was the case with Martial

PAULO DYBBAAALLLAAA!!! Badass Dybala's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Yeah, balance and team play are really important. Look at France for example. They didn't even make it to the Euros, because Macedonia of all teams won their group. And France had Mendy, Lemar, Bakayoko, Coman, Rabiot, Tolisso and Dembele in their team!

Still, the talent pool in France is much bigger and those guys are already a step above their Italian counterparts. While the Italian youngsters hardly have any experience out of Italy, or hardly ever won anything in Italy, the French have the guys above + Mbappe and Martial. All of them have experience in CL (as main players of their teams) with Monaco, Bayern, PSG, Lyon, Dortmund, won leagues with Monaco, Bayern, or won the EL, as was the case with Martial
    The thing with France is that there is less money and less attraction for foreigners especially from the South American market than there is in Italy so really the opportunity for French youngsters to play regular top flight football is far greater and perhaps greater than most of the major european leagues with perhaps the exception of Holland where a lot of their youth play in the 2nd division with the 'Jong' team
    ILLLLLL TRICOLOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICOLOOOOOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICCCOOOOLLLOOOOOORRRRRRRRR

It's not Just a stadium - It's our Home. It's not just a kit - It's our Skin. We're not only Eleven - We're Millions. We're not just a crowd - We're a family. It's not just 90 minutes - It's a lifetime. It's not just a passion - It's an emotion. It's not just a game - It's our life. Juventus is not just a club - It's a lifestyle!

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)

France is the real golden generation right now. Still, they can only field 11 at once. If it was a 25-man starting line-up France would beat everyone for the years coming up.

What Italy really miss is a future superstar player like Mbappé, he can and will decide games. Otherwise the squad looks very good for the 2020 - 2028 kind of period.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    2037 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    France is the real golden generation right now. Still, they can only field 11 at once. If it was a 25-man starting line-up France would beat everyone for the years coming up.

What Italy really miss is a future superstar player like Mbappé, he can and will decide games. Otherwise the squad looks very good for the 2020 - 2028 kind of period.
    I never understood why Italy all of a sudden completely dried up in terms of offensive superstars.

I also never got how such an incredibly overqualified generation won so very little.
    The F1 remains as of 2013 one of the fastest production cars ever made; as of July 2013 it is succeeded by very few cars including the Koenigsegg Agera R, the SSC Ultimate Aero TT,and the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. However, all of the superior top speed machines use forced induction to reach their top speeds, whereas the McLaren F1 is naturally aspirated.
    http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/41...=1#post4967497

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1408 Post(s)
    What Italy really miss is a future superstar player like Mbappé, he can and will decide games.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    2037 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    Who's this transgender ?
    The F1 remains as of 2013 one of the fastest production cars ever made; as of July 2013 it is succeeded by very few cars including the Koenigsegg Agera R, the SSC Ultimate Aero TT,and the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. However, all of the superior top speed machines use forced induction to reach their top speeds, whereas the McLaren F1 is naturally aspirated.
    http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/41...=1#post4967497

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Dude looks like the frontman for a metalcore band.

Cash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacheryah View Post
    Who's this transgender ?
    Jimmi Simpson

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1408 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by il brutto View Post
    Jimmi Simpson
    @Hustini

- - - Updated - - -

DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Dude looks like the frontman for a metalcore band.
    or like:

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s4tch View Post
    or like:

@Albertmare

M.M. <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    He could be a Mcpoyle
    There is no god but Beppe and Euromaxx is his messenger

Cash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Conti 30mln
    Berna 50 mln
    Berardi 30 mln

and they could do nothing against some kids from Denmark.

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Quazis View Post
    Conti 30mln
    Berna 50 mln
    Berardi 30 mln

What do you mean exactly? Should they have scored a couple of goals each?

I thought Conti had a good game. Berardi was good in spells. Bernardeschi not so much. They got into a mindset of having lots of possession and trying some overly-complicated things in the final third. Obviously the first goal was a bit of magic, but the second goal from Chiesa's work is what the other two wingers should have done more of instead of going for the difficult move - work space and get the ball into the box. Instead I think they tried a bit too hard to show how good they were.

Cash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Conti 30mln
    Berna 50 mln
    Berardi 30 mln

Berardi is a joke. Conti a little overrated (great against Denmark though). But Bernardeschi in a strong organized team where he can play a free role would be great. And Denmark u21 isn't the worst of teams. Several regulars for decent teams.

The Berardi hype has to stop now. Can somebody come forward and argument what exactly he does well? I really dont recall a single good action from him yesterday. Really.

Cash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    What do you mean exactly? Should they have scored a couple of goals each?

I thought Conti had a good game. Berardi was good in spells. Bernardeschi not so much. They got into a mindset of having lots of possession and trying some overly-complicated things in the final third. Obviously the first goal was a bit of magic, but the second goal from Chiesa's work is what the other two wingers should have done more of instead of going for the difficult move - work space and get the ball into the box. Instead I think they tried a bit too hard to show how good they were.
    My point is that players valued so highly should show more. I'm not sure what good did you see in Berardi. Two moments I remember were when he couldn't control two good long balls from defence. As for Conti, did he deliver at least one good cross into the area? As you wrote, he overdid things. I can see some potential in him because he's fast and has a good acceleration. I need to add in his defence that Danes were closing spaces very good so he didn't have that freedom to roam into. Still, would I pay 30 mln for him? No way. Bernardeschi only had that one good play when he cut into the middle and sent a long ball to Chiesa. The whole play was concluded by a Petagna shot in crowded area, not sure if you recall it. Bar, he was awful.

To sum up, my point is they couldn't justify their price tags against an U-21 side. Danes had that one forward who was transferred to Celta Vigo for 1.5mln and he did not look inferior neither technically nor physically to Berna or Berardi.

Cash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaz View Post

The Berardi hype has to stop now. Can somebody come forward and argument what exactly he does well? I really dont recall a single good action from him yesterday. Really.
    The Berardi hype has stopped long ago. He had an underwhelming game but I really fail to understand how people don't see the clear playmaking ability he has got. I'd personally play him centrally just off the striker as I feel he could do really well there.

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    My point is that players valued so highly should show more. I'm not sure what good did you see in Berardi. Two moments I remember were when he couldn't control two good long balls from defence. As for Conti, did he deliver at least one good cross into the area? As you wrote, he overdid things. I can see some potential in him because he's fast and has a good acceleration. I need to add in his defence that Danes were closing spaces very good so he didn't have that freedom to roam into. Still, would I pay 30 mln for him? No way. Bernardeschi only had that one good play when he cut into the middle and sent a long ball to Chiesa. The whole play was concluded by a Petagna shot in crowded area, not sure if you recall it. Bar, he was awful.

To sum up, my point is they couldn't justify their price tags against an U-21 side. Danes had that one forward who was transferred to Celta Vigo for 1.5mln and he did not look inferior neither technically nor physically to Berna or Berardi.
    I don't judge players based on one game.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    I don't judge players based on one game.
    Ridiculous statement.
    07.08. - 10.08.2017 'Tuz [*]
    darkest days in the history of internet