Keita Baldé Diao - LW/SS - Lazio - Transfer discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 5
Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 1505
  1. #81
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    22,936
    Cash
    23,408
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    This will sound racist, but who was the last truly world class offensive player from africa? Was it drogba or etoo? And who was the last wc african player in any position for that matter?

    I'd think thrice before signing african talents and hoping them to be wc.
    The only flaw, and it is a major one, with your argument is that Keita Balde actually has a Spanish passport, and has represented Spain at international level, so he's not "African" per se.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by piotrr View Post
    I'd rather have Sergej than Balde or Anderson.
    We can have both Bro. Balde this summer for 25 million SMS isn't gonna leave Lazio this summer. We can buy him next season for 40+ and he'll be well worth the investment. If Dabbing Hoes go for over 100 million, then a solid CM with tons of potential like SMS would be a very good acquisition at 40 million.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    If Sergej was available, id take him over Fabinho, Tolisso and even Goretzka. But the guy signed a new contract recently, so it will be very hard for us to sign him
    Patience Bro. In 2018

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by spurdo View Post
    Sergej better than the likes of Fabinho and Bakayoko? I knew he was great even before he joined Lazio but is he really that good?
    Definitely not at this point. He is good though, and possesses insane potential.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  2. #82
    Koul Khara! Osman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Uppsala
    Posts
    45,943
    Cash
    73,647
    Mentioned
    1675 Post(s)
    So Beppe officially said we are interested?

    Skickat frĺn min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus


    "Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

  3. #83
    Juventuz champion Amer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    6,057
    Cash
    8,356
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    So Beppe officially said we are interested?

    Skickat frĺn min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
    Yup. In some radio interview.

  4. #84
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    23,966
    Cash
    40,451
    Mentioned
    1515 Post(s)
    Imagine he was italian.

    People would be ok with us to splash €50m on him.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  5. #85
    Koul Khara! Osman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Uppsala
    Posts
    45,943
    Cash
    73,647
    Mentioned
    1675 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    Imagine he was italian.

    People would be ok with us to splash €50m on him.
    Imagine if you werent a clown? People would be finally to take you seriously and give you 50 likes every time.
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus


    "Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

  6. #86
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    23,966
    Cash
    40,451
    Mentioned
    1515 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    Imagine if you werent a clown? People would be finally to take you seriously and give you 50 likes every time.
    But it's true.

    The biggest argument i keep hearing pro Bernardeschi is that he is one of Italys best attacking players, so we must bring him to Juventus. Thing is, that isn't that much of an achievement these days. Splashing that much money just for the sake of showbooting "look we got one if italy's brightest talents" isn't worth it imo.

    Ability wise he just isn't a €40-50€m player. Hate all you want, it won't make him any better.

    We used to laugh about EPL teams overpaying for young british players...just because they are young and british. Not anymore i guess.

    And feel free to press the ignore button if you don't want to read me clowning around or disagreeing with you.

    @Osman nothing to say? Not even a "pip"?
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  7. #87
    Juventuz bench

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    647
    Cash
    1,922
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How much have you watched of Keita and Bernardeschi to compare them? Its a very different level. Keita is nowhere near the player Bernadeschi is.

  8. #88
    Koul Khara! Osman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Uppsala
    Posts
    45,943
    Cash
    73,647
    Mentioned
    1675 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigiventus View Post
    How much have you watched of Keita and Bernardeschi to compare them? Its a very different level. Keita is nowhere near the player Bernadeschi is.
    Dont bother, he has decided to be set in being contrarian so he will spread his newest gospel to most threads with snide comments like the first one. Thats more his interest then actual genuine discussions of the players or their seasons. His current champion is Keita so he will only go for these clownish tit-for-tats and little else. Both excellent players, but If you actually ask him what kind of approach and abilities bernadeschi could offer more then Keita, he wont say pip to you.
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus


    "Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

  9. #89
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    23,966
    Cash
    40,451
    Mentioned
    1515 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    Dont bother, he has decided to be set in being contrarian so he will spread his newest gospel to most threads with snide comments like the first one. Thats more his interest then actual genuine discussions of the players or their seasons. His current champion is Keita so he will only go for these clownish tit-for-tats and little else. Both excellent players, but If you actually ask him what kind of approach and abilities bernadeschi could offer more then Keita, he wont say pip to you.
    I didn't even compare the players themselfs, just the price people would be ok with us spending on them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    Defenitely the 2nd part, been his M.O to do that to anyone he doesnt agree with, exagerrate and bring up past discussions in high school like hyperbolic trashtalk, like the kid who wants attention in playground by making others laugh along at someone with him.
    It's exactly what you do now. The irony.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  10. #90
    Juventuz bench

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    647
    Cash
    1,922
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Then just talk about the price. The only reason that Keita costs about 25m is because his contracts is expiring and he plays for Lazio. If he had a long contract and played for Fiore, do you think they would sell him to us for 25m? not a chance in hell. Its the same situation with Bernardeschi who is a much better player, and who is from Tuscany and their academy. Of course he is expensive, specially to us.

  11. #91
    Juventuz regular

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,484
    Cash
    4,674
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    Dont bother, he has decided to be set in being contrarian so he will spread his newest gospel to most threads with snide comments like the first one. Thats more his interest then actual genuine discussions of the players or their seasons. His current champion is Keita so he will only go for these clownish tit-for-tats and little else. Both excellent players, but If you actually ask him what kind of approach and abilities bernadeschi could offer more then Keita, he wont say pip to you.

    A cascade of posts every single day but no actual contributiin other than "funny" gifs.

  12. #92
    Midnight Marauder Ocelot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    18,945
    Cash
    2,502,370
    Mentioned
    2140 Post(s)
    Honestly don't see why Bernardeschi would be a much better player than Keita. Haven't seen much of either though, mostly their games against us & highlights.
    NI.
    ~The Knights who say Ni.

  13. #93
    起死回生 JuveJay's Avatar
    Breakout Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The wrong dimension
    Posts
    55,025
    Cash
    50,941
    Mentioned
    593 Post(s)
    Bernardeschi isn't a better player, but he's more refined, Italian and easier to manage. More like a Juve type of signing, whereas Keita is a Milan or Inter (when they were at least half decent) kind of signing. You probably know what I mean.

    Still, we've moved towards more maverick players in recent years. But they still have to buy into the ethic here.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

  14. #94
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    23,966
    Cash
    40,451
    Mentioned
    1515 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigiventus View Post
    Then just talk about the price. The only reason that Keita costs about 25m is because his contracts is expiring and he plays for Lazio. If he had a long contract and played for Fiore, do you think they would sell him to us for 25m? not a chance in hell. Its the same situation with Bernardeschi who is a much better player, and who is from Tuscany and their academy. Of course he is expensive, specially to us.
    I know, and i wouldn't buy Keita for more than €25m. That's why It's a good opportunity to get him now, without running too much risk.

    Your last sentence is basically the "hes italian" argument, we don't pay for ability, but for him being tuskany.
    Don't get me wrong, i't's not like i think he's a scrub, i'd gladly take him for around €30-€35m, but not for the sums i read today. We shouldn't overpay that much just because the purple rats don't even want to sell us the dirt under their fingernails.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  15. #95
    Juventuz bench

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    647
    Cash
    1,922
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Honestly don't see why Bernardeschi would be a much better player than Keita. Haven't seen much of either though, mostly their games against us & highlights.
    Keita is great on highlights because his whole game is dribbling and shooting. Which he is really good at, top dribbling and finishing, but other than that there is not much else. The man has 0 workrate, seriously, he is the laziest of Lazio's forward players. Immobile, Anderson, Lulic and Sergej all defend, everyone except Keita.

    He has become very effective playing as an SS where he is closer to goal and doesn't have to run/dribble through more players like on the left.

    This is good, but we have the best SS in the league in Dybala. We can play Keita on the left, but then its RIP Pjaca. Who is our own dribbler and shooter. Is it worth it give up on Pjaca to fit Keita?

    The answer could be yes, I'm not against it.

    Now Bernardeschi does everything for Fiore. He plays every position and does it well. Sousa has played him tons as a wingback this season because they have few options there. He plays on the left, right and center.

    Above all, he plays for the team. He runs, he defends, he dribbles, passes, crosses and shoots. He understands the game and is able to truly play anywhere. Remember Diamanti who could play any role because in the end he was simply good at football. Bernardeschi is like that but better, a complete player.

    Its a player that is very hard to find and is extremely valuable for a team.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    I know, and i wouldn't buy Keita for more than €25m. That's why It's a good opportunity to get him now, without running too much risk.

    Your last sentence is basically the "hes italian" argument, we don't pay for ability, but for him being tuskany.
    Don't get me wrong, i't's not like i think he's a scrub, i'd gladly take him for around €30-€35m, but not for the sums i read today. We shouldn't overpay that much just because the purple rats don't even want to sell us the dirt under their fingernails.
    But you are ignoring the first clause of that sentence that reads "is a much better player"

    That's why its worth getting him, not because where he is from.

  16. #96
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    23,966
    Cash
    40,451
    Mentioned
    1515 Post(s)
    Because i don't think he is that much better, which is a matter of opinion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dolph View Post

    A cascade of posts every single day but no actual contributiin other than "funny" gifs.
    Getting called out by idiots like you makes my day even sweeter.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  17. #97
    World Boss

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Timeout Island
    Posts
    52,689
    Cash
    58,677
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Leave DAi alone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

  18. #98
    Juventuz regular The Quazis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,066
    Cash
    5,237
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm not a fanboy of Berna at all but what needs to be said is how eclectic he his. He's played SS, AMF, RWF, and RWB for Fiorentina this season.

  19. #99
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar
    Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,425
    Cash
    1,359,787
    Mentioned
    1854 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    I know, and i wouldn't buy Keita for more than €25m. That's why It's a good opportunity to get him now, without running too much risk.

    Your last sentence is basically the "hes italian" argument, we don't pay for ability, but for him being tuskany.
    Don't get me wrong, i't's not like i think he's a scrub, i'd gladly take him for around €30-€35m, but not for the sums i read today. We shouldn't overpay that much just because the purple rats don't even want to sell us the dirt under their fingernails.
    But why do we even care about prices at this point? Signing the better player should be the priority, and we are at a point where we can afford a 4-5 players mercato where one of them would be 50M. And if that 50M buy cant be di Maria, then Berna is the next best option, unless im missing someone.

    Also we are most likely signing 2 offensive players this summer, so Berna and Balde dont necessarily exclude each other

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The Quazis View Post
    I'm not a fanboy of Berna at all but what needs to be said is how eclectic he his. He's played SS, AMF, RWF, and RWB for Fiorentina this season.
    Him and Felipe Anderson are playing all over the place for their teams, wouldnt mind it at all if we buy those two as offensive and wingback depth
    35 SUL CAMPO ✔

  20. #100
    Juventuz regular The Quazis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,066
    Cash
    5,237
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    Him and Felipe Anderson are playing all over the place for their teams, wouldnt mind it at all if we buy those two as offensive and wingback depth
    Spending 80 mln for depth signings doesn't really strike me as a good deal.

Similar Threads

  1. Lazio - Juventus
    By JuveCampione in forum Juventus Matches
    Replies: 473
    Last Post: 09.05.2003, 16:10
  2. Juventus - Lazio
    By Sh@d0w in forum Juventus Matches
    Replies: 481
    Last Post: 22.12.2002, 10:27
  3. Lazio-Milan
    By dpforever in forum Club football
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 30.09.2002, 03:41
  4. Lazio - Juve (Aug31 Friendly)
    By dpforever in forum Juventus Matches
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 07.09.2002, 10:27

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •