[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread - World Cup 2018 - Juventuz Forums - Page 14
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Cash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vialli_92 View Post
    Ye we must not get with the times and evolve with football and instead focus on playing like it's still the 1990's

I see Chiellini's point but attack wins you trophies these days more than defences
    In international tournaments? I disagree. Greece 2004, Italy 2006, Portugal 2016 show that is not necessarily the case.

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1794 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campionesidd View Post
    In international tournaments? I disagree. Greece 2004, Italy 2006, Portugal 2016 show that is not necessarily the case.
    Or how about Spain in 2010. 1-0ing their way to their 1st ever WC
    35 SUL CAMPO ✔

Cash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    Or how about Spain in 2010. 1-0ing their way to their 1st ever WC
    That team was the luckiest I've seen until Portugal 2016. Made up for all their bad luck in the 2000's.

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Switzerland deserve to be ahead but that penalty...bs.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    He's right. The times when tiki taka dominated world football are over anyway.
    He's also speaking about defenders that are good technically but $#@! defenders a la Guardiola's special

Cash
    Mentioned
    2128 Post(s)
    Ofcourse he was asked, but you don't say Di Natale, even if you think that's the case (which would raise another question, is Camo a retard?). It's a huge disrespect to an all time great
    Lel no it's not, he thinks Di Natale is better that at that specific attribute, has seen both of them (and the others you mentioned) much more than us, why the $#@! would he lie? It's not gonna hurt Pirlo's feelings or anything
    NI.
    ~The Knights who say Ni.

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1794 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Lel no it's not, he thinks Di Natale is better that at that specific attribute, has seen both of them (and the others you mentioned) much more than us, why the $#@! would he lie? It's not gonna hurt Pirlo's feelings or anything
    did he watch di Natale play at Udinese every week? Totti at Roma? Pirlo at Milan? the only time(s) hes seen them that we know for sure was the few weeks a year at the NT, which Di Natale wasnt even part of that often, so to say he has seen anyone much more than us is speculation.

also, this is only his opinion, a quite stupid one i have to say, which is why i hate that he had to say it
    35 SUL CAMPO ✔

Cash
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    did he watch di Natale play at Udinese every week? Totti at Roma? Pirlo at Milan? the only time(s) hes seen them that we know for sure was the few weeks a year at the NT, which Di Natale wasnt even part of that often, so to say he has seen anyone much more than us is speculation.

also, this is only his opinion, a quite stupid one i have to say, which is why i hate that he had to say it
    it's Camoranesi, he's impulsive, it's what made him such a great and lovable player
    Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
    io di te non mi stanco.
    Sei la cosa piu bella che c'è
    Alessandro Del Piero, ale!

Cash
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    “Staggering” and “bewildering” were two of the other words the livid Northern Ireland manager used to describe Hategan’s decision to penalise Corry Evans for a perceived handball, when in fact the ball had hit his back, and award the Swiss a penalty that Ricardo Rodriguez converted.
    Furious Jonny Evans says penalty decision was 'even worse than the Thierry Henry v Ireland handball'
    Northern Ireland star Corry Evans slams 'disgraceful' penalty

This is what I mean, @. It's the Northern Irish in this case, I know, but it's similar. Everyone will like them, their fans and say how great is that they are simply able to enjoy themselves and never bitch about the opposition or the ref, unlike those nasty Italians.

And it's just not $#@!ing true. They bitch too. With the difference being that they actually suck and really don't deserve anything anyway. Forza Switzerland, I hope they beat them 10-0 at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So now that the dust has settled, I was just thinking, how many of our players are going to be in the starting XI's in the world cup, off the top of my head

lichsteiner, benatia, mandzukic, cuadrado - that's about it really

bench - dybala, sandro, bentancur, matuidi, khedira, costa

Says a lot about the actual raw material that allegri has to work with, especially when you see how many players teams like real, barcelona, bayern, psg, man city will be sending to the world cup

Promising youngster

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    So now that the dust has settled, I was just thinking, how many of our players are going to be in the starting XI's in the world cup, off the top of my head

Says a lot about the actual raw material that allegri has to work with, especially when you see how many players teams like real, barcelona, bayern, psg, man city will be sending to the world cup
    we are not on the same level as these teams. we are like 10th club in eu, so what? we are punching above our weight, and so what?

we can win CL, and italian nt should be at world cup.

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesnake View Post
    we are not on the same level as these teams. we are like 10th club in eu, so what? we are punching above our weight, and so what?

we can win CL, and italian nt should be at world cup.
    I agree we are punching above our weight..so what? well that is not a sustainable model

And as a fan I'd like to see us considered the elite top 4 in europe consistently as that would mean more exciting matches and trophies and the network effect that comes along with it

Looking back, I fondly remember the 2006 world cup final where there were so many juve players on both the teams (buffon, zambrotta, cannavaro, camoranesi, iaquinta, del piero, zidane(well sorta) , thuram, trezeguet)

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Argentina lost 2-4 to Nigeria

Cash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Could be blessing in disguise for 2018/19. All those other major CL contenders will have their stars back tired and overplayed.

Cash
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Drinking Tuborg, hope that's not gonna be a bad omen

Cash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Denmark slaughtering Ireland.
    I will wait however long it takes and I know one we will celebrate and be celebrated.

Cash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Denmark, Iceland, Croatia: these are the teams I'll be rooting for at the World Cup. The rest can go pound sand up their ass.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campionesidd View Post
    Denmark, Iceland, Croatia: these are the teams I'll be rooting for at the World Cup. The rest can go pound sand up their ass.
    07.08. - 10.08.2017 'Tuz [*]
    darkest days in the history of internet

Cash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Who cares dude.
    All the teams you mention have a lot of players because their NT's qualified (so they have 5-6 players guaranteed).
    We'd have Buffon, Chellini, Barzagli, Sturaro, Bernardeschi, Rugani and maybe Marchisio going there had Ventura done his $#@!ing job properly.

Cash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Oh man that was an unfortunate assist
    I will wait however long it takes and I know one we will celebrate and be celebrated.