[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread - World Cup 2018 - Juventuz Forums - Page 11
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Cash
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fint View Post
    Well I understood the part where you said "bunch of alcoholic $#@!s" just fine.

What other sports are Uruguay known for? Football is not our national sport, it falls behind three others in the pecking order (hurling, gaelic football and Rugby to an extent).

Nobody here thinks it an achievement to have the 'best fans' or most drunken fans I can assure you.
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/socc...ve-top-8406951

took me 2 seconds to google that. google anything about Irish fans and you'll have plethora of self-praising articles from sites like irishmirror, irishtimes, irishnews and whatnot
    Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
    io di te non mi stanco.
    Sei la cosa piu bella che c'è
    Alessandro Del Piero, ale!

Cash
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/socc...ve-top-8406951

took me 2 seconds to google that. google anything about Irish fans and you'll have plethora of self-praising articles from sites like irishmirror, irishtimes, irishnews and whatnot
    They were praised for good or joyous behaviour, so what. Ask anyone who follows the national team they'd inevitably tell you winning is more important then being applauded for funny drunken antics.

That aside, claiming that the players themselves have no ambition is ridiculous.

Cash
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    What other sports are Uruguay known for? Football is not our national sport, it falls behind three others in the pecking order (hurling, gaelic football and Rugby to an extent).
    Hurling? Da $#@! is that? Sounds like something Harry Potter could play.

EDIT: Googled it already, but still have no idea what's it all about.
    "Hell is for HEROES!"

Cash
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapa View Post
    Hurling? Da $#@! is that? Sounds like something Harry Potter could play.

EDIT: Googled it already, but still have no idea what's it all about.
    Loads of videos on YouTube fastest field sport in the world. Best way to describe it is a mix between field hockey and lacrosse

Cash
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    They were praised for good or joyous behaviour, so what. Ask anyone who follows the national team they'd inevitably tell you winning is more important then being applauded for funny drunken antics.

That aside, claiming that the players themselves have no ambition is ridiculous.

My issue isn't really with the players though. I expect the players to give it their all, even if they're Irish. But the fans sure as $#@! do not deserve the praise they get. Not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    My issue isn't really with the players though. I expect the players to give it their all, even if they're Irish. But the fans sure as $#@! do not deserve the praise they get. Not even close.
    So do you just dislike Irish people in general?

Cash
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    So do you just dislike Irish people in general?
    No, not at all. But I hate that Irish fans are celebrated for something that really isn't much of an achievement. The entire reason Irish fans are commended is that they supposedly show great sportsmanship. And it's total bull$#@!. Of course it's easy to not be sore losers when you fail to qualify for the next round at a major tournament. No one expected you to. And yeah, the Italians, the Germans or the Spanish will not celebrate a loss the way the Irish do. Because they're expected to win. You can't $#@!ing rejoice when you fail. That's why it's $#@!ing easy being an Ireland fan.

Oh, and fwiw, when it comes down to it, the Irish still bitch about that Henry handball anyway. So it's not even true that they deal well with a loss.

It's a total fraud.

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    I can see sense in a lot of what your saying but it's the way that you say things with a lot of aggression that had me wondering.

As for the Henry thing, that's more of a running joke at this stage.

English people still go on about the Hand of God in a similar fashion, it's tongue and cheek.

- - - Updated - - -

We also still need to get past Denmark so you may be spared our shenanigans yet.

Cash
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    I can see sense in a lot of what your saying but it's the way that you say things with a lot of aggression that had me wondering.
    I guess it annoys me so much, because every tournament it's the same thing. It's inevitable that someone will praise the Irish for being such great fans. It's like when Italy or Spain go crashing out, some reporter will always come up with something a player or manager said and then accuse them of being prima donnas who can't handle losing. Or let's say for example the infamous Denmark-Sweden game never happened, but Italy and Spain decided to play a 2-2 draw to advance. You bet there'd be an official investigation of that game.

Cash
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you from Germany? If that's the case then None of this should concern you cause you'll most likely win anyway

Cash
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you from Germany? If that's the case then None of this should concern you cause you'll most likely win anyway
    No, Belgium . But, unlike almost everyone else it seems, I don't mind Germany.

Cash
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Probably have as good an opportunity to win it as well in spite of Martinez

Cash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    At least you got the correct colours. Black, red and gold.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    This WC is Brazil's

I'll be happy as long as a South American team wins.
    Lo stile Juve

"Simplicity, professionalism and sobriety"

Cash
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Probably have as good an opportunity to win it as well in spite of Martinez

Man, I never knew Martinez was such an annoying person . He's the worst in interviews, never says what he means and he just seems so untrustworthy. He did finally select Nainggolan for these last few friendlies, but his reason for refusing to at first was that we had "better players".

I mean, come on..

Cash
    Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Seven is just jelaous cause he lives in a failed state and Belgians are, in general, bland. I’m going to the game next saturday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IliveForJuve View Post
    This WC is Brazil's

Why?

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1426 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IliveForJuve View Post
    This WC is Brazil's

Gonna get rekt again by ze germans.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Well I understood the part where you said "bunch of alcoholic $#@!s" just fine.

Nobody here thinks it an achievement to have the 'best fans' or most drunken fans I can assure you.
    Hurling?!

Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

Cash
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hængebøffer View Post
    Seven is just jelaous cause he lives in a failed state and Belgians are, in general, bland. I’m going to the game next saturday.

- - - Updated - - -

Why?
    Enjoy it, trying to get tickets for the return leg but not looking good.
    I'd wish you good luck but I'd lying obviously

Cash
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hængebøffer View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Why?
    Aren't you Danish or something?