[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread - World Cup 2018 - Juventuz Forums - Page 11
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 293
  1. #201
    Juventuz champion pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    7,697
    Cash
    6,614
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fint View Post
    Well I understood the part where you said "bunch of alcoholic $#@!s" just fine.

    What other sports are Uruguay known for? Football is not our national sport, it falls behind three others in the pecking order (hurling, gaelic football and Rugby to an extent).

    Nobody here thinks it an achievement to have the 'best fans' or most drunken fans I can assure you.
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/socc...ve-top-8406951

    took me 2 seconds to google that. google anything about Irish fans and you'll have plethora of self-praising articles from sites like irishmirror, irishtimes, irishnews and whatnot
    Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
    io di te non mi stanco.
    Sei la cosa piu bella che c'è
    Alessandro Del Piero, ale!

  2. #202
    Juventuz legend Fint's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    19,243
    Cash
    15,109
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/socc...ve-top-8406951

    took me 2 seconds to google that. google anything about Irish fans and you'll have plethora of self-praising articles from sites like irishmirror, irishtimes, irishnews and whatnot
    They were praised for good or joyous behaviour, so what. Ask anyone who follows the national team they'd inevitably tell you winning is more important then being applauded for funny drunken antics.

    That aside, claiming that the players themselves have no ambition is ridiculous.

  3. #203
    FLY, EAGLES FLY Lapa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Up On Melancholy Hill
    Posts
    14,277
    Cash
    8,232
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fint View Post
    What other sports are Uruguay known for? Football is not our national sport, it falls behind three others in the pecking order (hurling, gaelic football and Rugby to an extent).
    Hurling? Da $#@! is that? Sounds like something Harry Potter could play.

    EDIT: Googled it already, but still have no idea what's it all about.
    "Hell is for HEROES!"

  4. #204
    Juventuz legend Fint's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    19,243
    Cash
    15,109
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapa View Post
    Hurling? Da $#@! is that? Sounds like something Harry Potter could play.

    EDIT: Googled it already, but still have no idea what's it all about.
    Loads of videos on YouTube fastest field sport in the world. Best way to describe it is a mix between field hockey and lacrosse

  5. #205
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    32,658
    Cash
    25,268
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fint View Post
    They were praised for good or joyous behaviour, so what. Ask anyone who follows the national team they'd inevitably tell you winning is more important then being applauded for funny drunken antics.

    That aside, claiming that the players themselves have no ambition is ridiculous.

    My issue isn't really with the players though. I expect the players to give it their all, even if they're Irish. But the fans sure as $#@! do not deserve the praise they get. Not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

    He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

  6. #206
    Juventuz legend Fint's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    19,243
    Cash
    15,109
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    My issue isn't really with the players though. I expect the players to give it their all, even if they're Irish. But the fans sure as $#@! do not deserve the praise they get. Not even close.
    So do you just dislike Irish people in general?

  7. #207
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    32,658
    Cash
    25,268
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fint View Post
    So do you just dislike Irish people in general?
    No, not at all. But I hate that Irish fans are celebrated for something that really isn't much of an achievement. The entire reason Irish fans are commended is that they supposedly show great sportsmanship. And it's total bull$#@!. Of course it's easy to not be sore losers when you fail to qualify for the next round at a major tournament. No one expected you to. And yeah, the Italians, the Germans or the Spanish will not celebrate a loss the way the Irish do. Because they're expected to win. You can't $#@!ing rejoice when you fail. That's why it's $#@!ing easy being an Ireland fan.

    Oh, and fwiw, when it comes down to it, the Irish still bitch about that Henry handball anyway. So it's not even true that they deal well with a loss.

    It's a total fraud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

    He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

  8. #208
    Juventuz legend Fint's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    19,243
    Cash
    15,109
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    I can see sense in a lot of what your saying but it's the way that you say things with a lot of aggression that had me wondering.

    As for the Henry thing, that's more of a running joke at this stage.

    English people still go on about the Hand of God in a similar fashion, it's tongue and cheek.

    - - - Updated - - -

    We also still need to get past Denmark so you may be spared our shenanigans yet.

  9. #209
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    32,658
    Cash
    25,268
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fint View Post
    I can see sense in a lot of what your saying but it's the way that you say things with a lot of aggression that had me wondering.
    I guess it annoys me so much, because every tournament it's the same thing. It's inevitable that someone will praise the Irish for being such great fans. It's like when Italy or Spain go crashing out, some reporter will always come up with something a player or manager said and then accuse them of being prima donnas who can't handle losing. Or let's say for example the infamous Denmark-Sweden game never happened, but Italy and Spain decided to play a 2-2 draw to advance. You bet there'd be an official investigation of that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

    He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

  10. #210
    Juventuz legend Fint's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    19,243
    Cash
    15,109
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you from Germany? If that's the case then None of this should concern you cause you'll most likely win anyway

  11. #211
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    32,658
    Cash
    25,268
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fint View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you from Germany? If that's the case then None of this should concern you cause you'll most likely win anyway
    No, Belgium . But, unlike almost everyone else it seems, I don't mind Germany.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

    He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

  12. #212
    Juventuz legend Fint's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    19,243
    Cash
    15,109
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    No, Belgium . But, unlike almost everyone else it seems, I don't mind Germany.
    Probably have as good an opportunity to win it as well in spite of Martinez

  13. #213
    Juventuz star Wittl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,020
    Cash
    7,266
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fint View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you from Germany? If that's the case then None of this should concern you cause you'll most likely win anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    No, Belgium . But, unlike almost everyone else it seems, I don't mind Germany.
    At least you got the correct colours. Black, red and gold.

  14. #214
    La Joya IliveForJuve's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Where nothing gets done
    Posts
    12,108
    Cash
    8,192
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    This WC is Brazil's

    I'll be happy as long as a South American team wins.
    Lo stile Juve

    "Simplicity, professionalism and sobriety"

  15. #215
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    32,658
    Cash
    25,268
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fint View Post
    Probably have as good an opportunity to win it as well in spite of Martinez

    Man, I never knew Martinez was such an annoying person . He's the worst in interviews, never says what he means and he just seems so untrustworthy. He did finally select Nainggolan for these last few friendlies, but his reason for refusing to at first was that we had "better players".

    I mean, come on..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

    He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

  16. #216
    Juventuz legend Hængebøffer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    21,525
    Cash
    35,214
    Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Seven is just jelaous cause he lives in a failed state and Belgians are, in general, bland. I’m going to the game next saturday.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by IliveForJuve View Post
    This WC is Brazil's

    I'll be happy as long as a South American team wins.
    Why?

  17. #217
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    22,743
    Cash
    38,745
    Mentioned
    1426 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IliveForJuve View Post
    This WC is Brazil's

    I'll be happy as long as a South American team wins.
    Gonna get rekt again by ze germans.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  18. #218
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    22,562
    Cash
    22,565
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fint View Post
    Well I understood the part where you said "bunch of alcoholic $#@!s" just fine.

    What other sports are Uruguay known for? Football is not our national sport, it falls behind three others in the pecking order (hurling, gaelic football and Rugby to an extent).

    Nobody here thinks it an achievement to have the 'best fans' or most drunken fans I can assure you.
    Hurling?!

    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  19. #219
    Juventuz legend Fint's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    19,243
    Cash
    15,109
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hængebøffer View Post
    Seven is just jelaous cause he lives in a failed state and Belgians are, in general, bland. I’m going to the game next saturday.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Why?
    Enjoy it, trying to get tickets for the return leg but not looking good.
    I'd wish you good luck but I'd lying obviously

  20. #220
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    32,658
    Cash
    25,268
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hængebøffer View Post
    Seven is just jelaous cause he lives in a failed state and Belgians are, in general, bland. I’m going to the game next saturday.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Why?
    Aren't you Danish or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

    He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Similar Threads

  1. [WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread
    By swag in forum World Cup 2014
    Replies: 9218
    Last Post: 03.01.2017, 17:54
  2. [WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread
    By swag in forum International football
    Replies: 6522
    Last Post: 30.06.2014, 03:57
  3. [WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread
    By GordoDeCentral in forum International football
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30.06.2014, 03:36
  4. [WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread
    By GordoDeCentral in forum International football
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29.06.2014, 19:01
  5. [WC] World Cup 2010 - General Talk Thread
    By Tommy in forum World Cup 2010
    Replies: 16569
    Last Post: 05.07.2012, 18:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •