[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread - World Cup 2018 - Juventuz Forums - Page 26
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 708
  1. #501
    Juventuz legend lgorTudor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    19,615
    Cash
    51,607
    Mentioned
    878 Post(s)
    Geromel in Brazil squad
    Beppe's Jabroni Counter 2018:
    1. Pellegrini 25mil
    2. Perin 15mil
    50% of SMS

  2. #502
    Legendary G.O.A.T Xperd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22,956
    Cash
    39,153
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    No, it wasn't. World Cup 94 and 98 were the best over the past 20+ years. 2002 was absolute $#@!, possibly the worst WC in the modern era, and it was closely followed by 2006 and 2014. 2010 was slightly better than both 2006 and 2014.
    2006 and 2014 were both easily better than 2010. I agree 2002 ranks the worst with 2010 being a close second.
    VERRATTI IS A FANTASY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE

  3. #503
    Juventuz champion pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    9,379
    Cash
    10,130
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    2006 was nice, the hosting country matters a lot in the quality of WC and Germany is easily >>> South Korea, South Africa, Brazil, Russia or Qatar in terms of organization

  4. #504
    Juventuz bench

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    761
    Cash
    2,192
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    1998
    2006

    2014

    2010


    2002

  5. #505
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    33,598
    Cash
    27,313
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I hope France can win it. Personally I doubt it tbh, I don't think Deschamps does a particularly good job, and I also think that the relative inexperience of some of those talented young players might work against them in the latter stages of the tournament. There is no doubt though that its an extremely exciting team with Griezmann, Mbappe, Dembele, Pogba and co.
    Yup. I wouldn't be against France winning it at all. Kind of odd, because their team has always been incredibly annoying imo, but I actually kind of like their players now.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

    He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

  6. #506
    Juventuz legend Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sharjah
    Posts
    40,475
    Cash
    12,355
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Yup. I wouldn't be against France winning it at all. Kind of odd, because their team has always been incredibly annoying imo, but I actually kind of like their players now.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
    You guys have a strong squad. Are you optimistic that you'll compete?
    for every action there is a reaction equal in magnitude and opposite in direction

  7. #507
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    33,598
    Cash
    27,313
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero_Aus View Post
    2010 was the worst WC IMO.

    Poor quality of football, $#@!ty boring games, Spain’s disgusting tiki-taka rubbish in full effect, vuvuzelas. Ugh. 2002 is the next worse.
    2010 was a fair world cup though. Any world cup that was affected by deliberate FIFA decisions (as has been proven to be the case with the 2002 world cup) is the worst.



    Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    You guys have a strong squad. Are you optimistic that you'll compete?

    Based on the talent we should aim for a semi final spot and I think with a bit of luck we could reach the final. Unfortunately I also think Martinez is not the best manager for our team. On the one hand he has never come up with a tactical solution for the problem we've faced for years now (too slow in the build up, we let opposing sides get into position far too easily), on the other his influence seems to have been detrimental on the team's mentality. His refusal to include Nainggolan in the past has even caused De Bruyne and Hazard to disagree with his choices publically.

    The only reason I can see us go far is that the players themselves seem to realise it is up to them rather than the manager and I hope they will eventually simply not care about what Martinez has to say at all (which is virtually nothing, the guy is all PR and no substance).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

    He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

  8. #508
    MAGISTERIAL AFL_ITALIA's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    12,408
    Cash
    17,203
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    2014 World Cup >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2010 World Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    They'll have to cut her out of those pants.
    All of them in that room it seems
    "Juventus is not just a football club, it's a way of understanding life. ~Italo Pietra

    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    They want money, dunno why,
    'cause I want a loan with an option to buy

  9. #509
    Juventuz legend Fr3sh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    32,740
    Cash
    58,953
    Mentioned
    2422 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    They'll have to cut her out of those pants.
    just the way i liek it
    Völler is here with DAi.

  10. #510
    Biased JCK's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Eskilstuna
    Posts
    107,452
    Cash
    17,676
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    2010 was a fair world cup though. Any world cup that was affected by deliberate FIFA decisions (as has been proven to be the case with the 2002 world cup) is the worst.



    Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

    - - - Updated - - -




    Based on the talent we should aim for a semi final spot and I think with a bit of luck we could reach the final. Unfortunately I also think Martinez is not the best manager for our team. On the one hand he has never come up with a tactical solution for the problem we've faced for years now (too slow in the build up, we let opposing sides get into position far too easily), on the other his influence seems to have been detrimental on the team's mentality. His refusal to include Nainggolan in the past has even caused De Bruyne and Hazard to disagree with his choices publically.

    The only reason I can see us go far is that the players themselves seem to realise it is up to them rather than the manager and I hope they will eventually simply not care about what Martinez has to say at all (which is virtually nothing, the guy is all PR and no substance).
    2010 was boring and annoying but of course 2002 is the worst and nothing comes close.

    2014 and 2006 had good quality football but my favourite remains 1998.
    Ban Cronios

  11. #511
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    33,598
    Cash
    27,313
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post
    2010 was boring and annoying but of course 2002 is the worst and nothing comes close.

    2014 and 2006 had good quality football but my favourite remains 1998.

    Same here. I loved 2006 because Italy won and because of Zidane (there was the headbutt in the final, but he was great all tournament). I was also at a festival listening to Franz Ferdinand at the very moment Portugal knocked out England and I have very fond memories of them dedicating Walk Away to Wayne Rooney.

    1998 was something else though. The atmosphere was brilliant. There was the heat having a real effect on the games. Ronaldo was insane. The Dutch had an exciting team too. And there was crazy Croatia with Davor Suker. I loved every single minute of that tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

    He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

  12. #512
    Biased JCK's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Eskilstuna
    Posts
    107,452
    Cash
    17,676
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Same here. I loved 2006 because Italy won and because of Zidane (there was the headbutt in the final, but he was great all tournament). I was also at a festival listening to Franz Ferdinand at the very moment Portugal knocked out England and I have very fond memories of them dedicating Walk Away to Wayne Rooney.

    1998 was something else though. The atmosphere was brilliant. There was the heat having a real effect on the games. Ronaldo was insane. The Dutch had an exciting team too. And there was crazy Croatia with Davor Suker. I loved every single minute of that tournament.
    Thank you for reminding me of Davor Suker, he was immense. Too many individual brilliance but the overall quality of football was insane and as you said, the atmosphere! France is really a great country.
    Ban Cronios

  13. #513
    Primavera player GIGIthebest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    139
    Cash
    830
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lol. Was confused as to why you sent that until I got the joke 😂

  14. #514
    Primavera player Jethro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    342
    Cash
    1,196
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So who will be Brazil captain at World Cup? Neymar, Marcelo?

  15. #515
    Don't be Diego 2.0 CrimsonianKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    17,983
    Cash
    71,038
    Mentioned
    1792 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post
    2010 was boring and annoying but of course 2002 is the worst and nothing comes close.

    2014 and 2006 had good quality football but my favourite remains 1998.

    Last good World Cup was 98, although I personally prefer 94. Anything after 98 was $#@! but 2010 takes the cake. The most boring team to ever win.
    Tu sei la squadra del cuore sempre in campo undici eroi

  16. #516
    FLY, EAGLES FLY Lapa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Up On Melancholy Hill
    Posts
    15,276
    Cash
    10,238
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonianKing View Post
    Last good World Cup was 98, although I personally prefer 94. Anything after 98 was $#@! but 2010 takes the cake. The most boring team to ever win.
    2006 was great!
    "Hell is for HEROES!"

  17. #517
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar
    Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    36,150
    Cash
    1,365,464
    Mentioned
    1990 Post(s)
    Engerland squad

    Goalkeepers: Jordan Picfkord, Jack Butland, Nick Pope

    Defense: Kyle Walker, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Kieran Trippier, Harry Maguire, Phil Jones, Gary Cahill, Danny Rose, Ashley Young.

    Midfield: Eric Dier, Dele Alli, Jordan Herdenson, Jesse Lingard, Ruben Lofts-Cheek, Fabian Delph, Raheem Sterling.

    Attack: Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy, Marcus Rashford, Danny Welbeck.

    Magician not there @DAiDEViL


    i thought he was rising again
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sign Max Meyer!!!

    Sell Higuain!!!

  18. #518
    Juventuz legend Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sharjah
    Posts
    40,475
    Cash
    12,355
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    2010 was a fair world cup though. Any world cup that was affected by deliberate FIFA decisions (as has been proven to be the case with the 2002 world cup) is the worst.



    Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

    - - - Updated - - -




    Based on the talent we should aim for a semi final spot and I think with a bit of luck we could reach the final. Unfortunately I also think Martinez is not the best manager for our team. On the one hand he has never come up with a tactical solution for the problem we've faced for years now (too slow in the build up, we let opposing sides get into position far too easily), on the other his influence seems to have been detrimental on the team's mentality. His refusal to include Nainggolan in the past has even caused De Bruyne and Hazard to disagree with his choices publically.

    The only reason I can see us go far is that the players themselves seem to realise it is up to them rather than the manager and I hope they will eventually simply not care about what Martinez has to say at all (which is virtually nothing, the guy is all PR and no substance).
    Ya not selecting Nainggolan is a crime.

    I too rate your players very highly but your manager not so much. However if you really think about it, good managers don't manage NT's anymore with all the money being in club football these days. I look at the top teams, and most of them don't really have particularly good managers with the exception of Germany perhaps. So from that perspective, I still see Belgium having a chance to do well in the WC. If Martinez can find a way to play to the strengths of KDB and Hazard, Belgium could go quite far.

    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    Engerland squad

    Goalkeepers: Jordan Picfkord, Jack Butland, Nick Pope

    Defense: Kyle Walker, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Kieran Trippier, Harry Maguire, Phil Jones, Gary Cahill, Danny Rose, Ashley Young.

    Midfield: Eric Dier, Dele Alli, Jordan Herdenson, Jesse Lingard, Ruben Lofts-Cheek, Fabian Delph, Raheem Sterling.

    Attack: Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy, Marcus Rashford, Danny Welbeck.

    Magician not there @DAiDEViL


    i thought he was rising again
    I mean while I think Wilshere has been average for most of his career(especially relative to expectations and his first couple of years with us) , its a travesty that he hasn't been picked for England of all teams. That squad is as average as they get, add to that the fact they don't have a midfielder of Wilshere's type, and finally, I just don't understand how Loftus Cheek and $#@!ing Delph can be ahead of him. I don't understand Henderson either, but that one is debatable. I mean, I really think this is a wrong decision.

    But man some of those players are laughable; Welbeck who would never be considered a football player out of England, its so painful watching him play for Arsenal. Only in England would such an untalented player be considered for the $#@!ing NT, then you have the keepers, and players like Loftus Cheek, G.Cahill, Jones, Delph
    for every action there is a reaction equal in magnitude and opposite in direction

  19. #519
    Primavera player Jethro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    342
    Cash
    1,196
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    Engerland squad

    Goalkeepers: Jordan Picfkord, Jack Butland, Nick Pope

    Defense: Kyle Walker, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Kieran Trippier, Harry Maguire, Phil Jones, Gary Cahill, Danny Rose, Ashley Young.

    Midfield: Eric Dier, Dele Alli, Jordan Herdenson, Jesse Lingard, Ruben Lofts-Cheek, Fabian Delph, Raheem Sterling.

    Attack: Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy, Marcus Rashford, Danny Welbeck.

    Magician not there @DAiDEViL


    i thought he was rising again
    Isco is that you? So much similarity

    Worst squad i've ever seen at world cup

  20. #520
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar
    Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    36,150
    Cash
    1,365,464
    Mentioned
    1990 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Ya not selecting Nainggolan is a crime.

    I too rate your players very highly but your manager not so much. However if you really think about it, good managers don't manage NT's anymore with all the money being in club football these days. I look at the top teams, and most of them don't really have particularly good managers with the exception of Germany perhaps. So from that perspective, I still see Belgium having a chance to do well in the WC. If Martinez can find a way to play to the strengths of KDB and Hazard, Belgium could go quite far.



    I mean while I think Wilshere has been average for most of his career(especially relative to expectations and his first couple of years with us) , its a travesty that he hasn't been picked for England of all teams. That squad is as average as they get, add to that the fact they don't have a midfielder of Wilshere's type, and finally, I just don't understand how Loftus Cheek and $#@!ing Delph can be ahead of him. I don't understand Henderson either, but that one is debatable. I mean, I really think this is a wrong decision.

    But man some of those players are laughable; Welbeck who would never be considered a football player out of England, its so painful watching him play for Arsenal. Only in England would such an untalented player be considered for the $#@!ing NT, then you have the keepers, and players like Loftus Cheek, G.Cahill, Jones, Delph

    @Bianconero81

    but i agree, they need technical players in there, cant have a squad full of brainless runners and expect to do well. its no wonder they never win anything
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sign Max Meyer!!!

    Sell Higuain!!!

Similar Threads

  1. [WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread
    By swag in forum World Cup 2014
    Replies: 9218
    Last Post: 03.01.2017, 16:54
  2. [WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread
    By swag in forum International football
    Replies: 6522
    Last Post: 30.06.2014, 02:57
  3. [WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread
    By GordoDeCentral in forum International football
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30.06.2014, 02:36
  4. [WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread
    By GordoDeCentral in forum International football
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29.06.2014, 18:01
  5. [WC] World Cup 2010 - General Talk Thread
    By Tommy in forum World Cup 2010
    Replies: 16569
    Last Post: 05.07.2012, 17:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •