[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread - World Cup 2018 - Juventuz Forums - Page 26
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Cash
    Mentioned
    878 Post(s)
    Geromel in Brazil squad
    Beppe's Jabroni Counter 2018:
    1. Pellegrini 25mil
    2. Perin 15mil
    50% of SMS

Cash
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    No, it wasn't. World Cup 94 and 98 were the best over the past 20+ years. 2002 was absolute $#@!, possibly the worst WC in the modern era, and it was closely followed by 2006 and 2014. 2010 was slightly better than both 2006 and 2014.
    2006 and 2014 were both easily better than 2010. I agree 2002 ranks the worst with 2010 being a close second.
    VERRATTI IS A FANTASY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE

Cash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    2006 was nice, the hosting country matters a lot in the quality of WC and Germany is easily >>> South Korea, South Africa, Brazil, Russia or Qatar in terms of organization

Juventuz bench

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Cash
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I hope France can win it. Personally I doubt it tbh, I don't think Deschamps does a particularly good job, and I also think that the relative inexperience of some of those talented young players might work against them in the latter stages of the tournament. There is no doubt though that its an extremely exciting team with Griezmann, Mbappe, Dembele, Pogba and co.
    Yup. I wouldn't be against France winning it at all. Kind of odd, because their team has always been incredibly annoying imo, but I actually kind of like their players now.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Yup. I wouldn't be against France winning it at all. Kind of odd, because their team has always been incredibly annoying imo, but I actually kind of like their players now.

You guys have a strong squad. Are you optimistic that you'll compete?
    for every action there is a reaction equal in magnitude and opposite in direction

Cash
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero_Aus View Post
    2010 was the worst WC IMO.

Poor quality of football, $#@!ty boring games, Spain’s disgusting tiki-taka rubbish in full effect, vuvuzelas. Ugh. 2002 is the next worse.
    2010 was a fair world cup though. Any world cup that was affected by deliberate FIFA decisions (as has been proven to be the case with the 2002 world cup) is the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys have a strong squad. Are you optimistic that you'll compete?

Based on the talent we should aim for a semi final spot and I think with a bit of luck we could reach the final. Unfortunately I also think Martinez is not the best manager for our team. On the one hand he has never come up with a tactical solution for the problem we've faced for years now (too slow in the build up, we let opposing sides get into position far too easily), on the other his influence seems to have been detrimental on the team's mentality. His refusal to include Nainggolan in the past has even caused De Bruyne and Hazard to disagree with his choices publically.

The only reason I can see us go far is that the players themselves seem to realise it is up to them rather than the manager and I hope they will eventually simply not care about what Martinez has to say at all (which is virtually nothing, the guy is all PR and no substance).

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    2014 World Cup >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2010 World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    They'll have to cut her out of those pants.
    All of them in that room it seems
    "Juventus is not just a football club, it's a way of understanding life. ~Italo Pietra

Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    They want money, dunno why,
    'cause I want a loan with an option to buy

Cash
    Mentioned
    2422 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    They'll have to cut her out of those pants.
    just the way i liek it
    Völler is here with DAi.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    2010 was a fair world cup though. Any world cup that was affected by deliberate FIFA decisions (as has been proven to be the case with the 2002 world cup) is the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on the talent we should aim for a semi final spot and I think with a bit of luck we could reach the final. Unfortunately I also think Martinez is not the best manager for our team. On the one hand he has never come up with a tactical solution for the problem we've faced for years now (too slow in the build up, we let opposing sides get into position far too easily), on the other his influence seems to have been detrimental on the team's mentality. His refusal to include Nainggolan in the past has even caused De Bruyne and Hazard to disagree with his choices publically.

The only reason I can see us go far is that the players themselves seem to realise it is up to them rather than the manager and I hope they will eventually simply not care about what Martinez has to say at all (which is virtually nothing, the guy is all PR and no substance).
    2010 was boring and annoying but of course 2002 is the worst and nothing comes close.

2014 and 2006 had good quality football but my favourite remains 1998.
    Ban Cronios

Cash
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post
    2010 was boring and annoying but of course 2002 is the worst and nothing comes close.

Same here. I loved 2006 because Italy won and because of Zidane (there was the headbutt in the final, but he was great all tournament). I was also at a festival listening to Franz Ferdinand at the very moment Portugal knocked out England and I have very fond memories of them dedicating Walk Away to Wayne Rooney.

1998 was something else though. The atmosphere was brilliant. There was the heat having a real effect on the games. Ronaldo was insane. The Dutch had an exciting team too. And there was crazy Croatia with Davor Suker. I loved every single minute of that tournament.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    Same here. I loved 2006 because Italy won and because of Zidane (there was the headbutt in the final, but he was great all tournament). I was also at a festival listening to Franz Ferdinand at the very moment Portugal knocked out England and I have very fond memories of them dedicating Walk Away to Wayne Rooney.

1998 was something else though. The atmosphere was brilliant. There was the heat having a real effect on the games. Ronaldo was insane. The Dutch had an exciting team too. And there was crazy Croatia with Davor Suker. I loved every single minute of that tournament.
    Thank you for reminding me of Davor Suker, he was immense. Too many individual brilliance but the overall quality of football was insane and as you said, the atmosphere! France is really a great country.
    Ban Cronios

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lol. Was confused as to why you sent that until I got the joke 😂

Cash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So who will be Brazil captain at World Cup? Neymar, Marcelo?

Don't be Diego 2.0 CrimsonianKing's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1792 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post

Last good World Cup was 98, although I personally prefer 94. Anything after 98 was $#@! but 2010 takes the cake. The most boring team to ever win.
    Tu sei la squadra del cuore sempre in campo undici eroi

Cash
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonianKing View Post
    Last good World Cup was 98, although I personally prefer 94. Anything after 98 was $#@! but 2010 takes the cake. The most boring team to ever win.
    2006 was great!
    "Hell is for HEROES!"

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1990 Post(s)
    Engerland squad

Goalkeepers: Jordan Picfkord, Jack Butland, Nick Pope

Defense: Kyle Walker, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Kieran Trippier, Harry Maguire, Phil Jones, Gary Cahill, Danny Rose, Ashley Young.

Midfield: Eric Dier, Dele Alli, Jordan Herdenson, Jesse Lingard, Ruben Lofts-Cheek, Fabian Delph, Raheem Sterling.

Attack: Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy, Marcus Rashford, Danny Welbeck.

Magician not there @DAiDEViL

i thought he was rising again
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sign Max Meyer!!!

Sell Higuain!!!

Cash
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)

- - - Updated - - -

Ya not selecting Nainggolan is a crime.

I too rate your players very highly but your manager not so much. However if you really think about it, good managers don't manage NT's anymore with all the money being in club football these days. I look at the top teams, and most of them don't really have particularly good managers with the exception of Germany perhaps. So from that perspective, I still see Belgium having a chance to do well in the WC. If Martinez can find a way to play to the strengths of KDB and Hazard, Belgium could go quite far.

Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    Engerland squad

Defense: Kyle Walker, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Kieran Trippier, Harry Maguire, Phil Jones, Gary Cahill, Danny Rose, Ashley Young.

Midfield: Eric Dier, Dele Alli, Jordan Herdenson, Jesse Lingard, Ruben Lofts-Cheek, Fabian Delph, Raheem Sterling.

I mean while I think Wilshere has been average for most of his career(especially relative to expectations and his first couple of years with us) , its a travesty that he hasn't been picked for England of all teams. That squad is as average as they get, add to that the fact they don't have a midfielder of Wilshere's type, and finally, I just don't understand how Loftus Cheek and $#@!ing Delph can be ahead of him. I don't understand Henderson either, but that one is debatable. I mean, I really think this is a wrong decision.

But man some of those players are laughable; Welbeck who would never be considered a football player out of England, its so painful watching him play for Arsenal. Only in England would such an untalented player be considered for the $#@!ing NT, then you have the keepers, and players like Loftus Cheek, G.Cahill, Jones, Delph
    for every action there is a reaction equal in magnitude and opposite in direction

Cash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    Engerland squad

Isco is that you? So much similarity

Worst squad i've ever seen at world cup

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1990 Post(s)
    Ya not selecting Nainggolan is a crime.

I too rate your players very highly but your manager not so much. However if you really think about it, good managers don't manage NT's anymore with all the money being in club football these days. I look at the top teams, and most of them don't really have particularly good managers with the exception of Germany perhaps. So from that perspective, I still see Belgium having a chance to do well in the WC. If Martinez can find a way to play to the strengths of KDB and Hazard, Belgium could go quite far.

I mean while I think Wilshere has been average for most of his career(especially relative to expectations and his first couple of years with us) , its a travesty that he hasn't been picked for England of all teams. That squad is as average as they get, add to that the fact they don't have a midfielder of Wilshere's type, and finally, I just don't understand how Loftus Cheek and $#@!ing Delph can be ahead of him. I don't understand Henderson either, but that one is debatable. I mean, I really think this is a wrong decision.

But man some of those players are laughable; Welbeck who would never be considered a football player out of England, its so painful watching him play for Arsenal. Only in England would such an untalented player be considered for the $#@!ing NT, then you have the keepers, and players like Loftus Cheek, G.Cahill, Jones, Delph

@Bianconero81

but i agree, they need technical players in there, cant have a squad full of brainless runners and expect to do well. its no wonder they never win anything
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sign Max Meyer!!!

Sell Higuain!!!